Ok, I have this little Epiphone SG Special... and im pretty sure the pickups are ****tin out on me.. When i hit the 1,2 and 3rd string I get a ring.. Like a quickly fading in and out ring, like its badly out of tune, although it is i have a tuner. So im wondering what kind of pickups i should get, for i am a METAL HEAD!!!!! SATAN!
EMGs are considered the most metal of pickups.

Though, they're active, if you get them you're gonna have to rewire you guitar differently.
Leader of The Cult of Echoes, for those who believe 23 min. of Pink Floyd Epicness just isn't enough.

Pm Alex the Red if you're interested

I'm a member I Pignose Amps Club. PM Woodenbanman if your interested.
yeah id go with the EMGs but the only problem would be rewiring your guitar...so it all depends if your willing to do that yourself or if you can find someone to get it done for you
EVERYTHING I KNOW ABOUT BLOWING S**T UP I LEARNT FROM GRAND THEFT AUTO

Schecter Hellraiser Tempest
i got an epiphone g-400 limited edition with emgs, and it will rip your balls off if given the chance
Quote by Rebourne
What is this "Death Rock" you speak of?

Quote by revolutionplz
I will poop on your soul if you ever have the audacity to type those words towards me again.

Don't think I won't.
Your pickups aren't crapping out, you've either got dodgy wiring, a badly set up guitar or you've got the pickups too close to the strings.

You don't need new pickups and won't do for a long time, i bet you need a new amp though...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
I dont think its the wireing, im getting a solid sound, its just for those first 3 strings... and i have both raised and lowered the bridge.

also, thanks for hte pick up brand. ill definitely look into it. i could use some new pick ups anyway.
You tried, Steven. All you can do.

TS, check the wiring anyway. The stock pups on a G-400 arn't worth spending $200 to replace if you're new to electric guitar.
Quote by Alex The Red
EMGs are considered the most metal of pickups.

Though, they're active, if you get them you're gonna have to rewire you guitar differently.

not all emgs are active...