Poll: Which Semi-Hollowbody?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which Semi-Hollowbody?
Epiphone Sheraton II
12 48%
Gretsch G5120 Electromatic
6 24%
Other (Specify)?
7 28%
Voters: 25.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
^^ either way, bigsby or not, doesnt matter to me. there are advantages and disadvantages both ways, so doesnt matter to me really. and my price range, just to clarify, is like maybe $650-700 tops, just for a semi-hollow body, since jazz isnt my main thing, but im in a jazz band for school and need something more specified for it without breaking my bank.
Quote by Hpda5121
im not a racist because racism is a crime, and crime is for black people

fender mexican fat strat (discontinued)
mesa triple recto
digitech grunge
digitech death metal
I just saw today an Ibanez Artcore AS73 like mine on sale new at Guitar Center for $299. This is a steal. Great guitar (I like it much better than the Epi Dots) and used to cost $339.
I tried the Epi Dot Studio last time I was in guitar center, rather nice guitar. Only $250 as well.
I voted the Epi, great guitar. I have played a Gretsch EM, but preffered the Sheraton. Great all around guitar for what you play!
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Personally, I find the sound of the Gretsch to be just a little too passive for my liking, although its honestly not a bad guitar.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
Telecaster thinline reissue?

Ibanez Artcore is another consideration.

Of those 2, I like the Sheraton.
Hi, I'm Peter
Do you want a hollow or a semi-hollow?

I'd take a Michael Kelly Deuce Phoenix (or even a Schecter Corsair) over an Epiphone Sheraton II, but it's still a good guitar.

Deuce Phoenixes are spectacular.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Gretsch's sound great, but you really have to find out what specific model, since they use about 1000 different kinds of pickups