im not sure if this is a typo or what, but several times in different areas have I noticed instead of a B note someone write H. I know this has nothing to do with theory because not only have i not heard of it myself neither does a few musician buddies of mine. I think i heard it was a language issue, or maybe i just assumed that i dont know.

anyone is it a typo or is there some foreign language mistranslation of the letter B or has no one besides me even seen this before?
my guess is it's a typo since H is so close to B on a keyboard.
my gear:
gibson les paul classic
epiphoen les paul standard
fender standard fat strat
peavey valveking 112
boss me-50
crybaby original wah
thats what my buddy figured but then again Ive never seen a T note for an F or a W note for an A.

then again if you squint your eyes like if your vision is terrible a lower case h can be confused for b and upper case H may be confused for B. still not sure.
In a few countries, mostly central and eastern Europe, i.e. Germany and Austria, they use the note H in place of B and B in place of Bb.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
Yeah, Bach used to spell out his name all the time in pieces. It'd be Bb A C B, look for that in his works.
Quote by Godzilla1969
I love you, Muphin. You have great taste in music.

Quote by Pacifica112J
Muphin > You

The Cooperation
I'm pretty sure because it's because "b" and "h" are pretty much the same letter. And over time they either removed something or added something. Don't remember precicely..Just google it.
Quote by 'rockintheblues 14, 2007 2:38 am'
but i really do hate you and hope you and everyone you love is killed in the worst possible ways. i hope i get to spit in your eyes as you let out your final breath
Quote by DaddyTwoFoot
In a few countries, mostly central and eastern Europe, i.e. Germany and Austria, they use the note H in place of B and B in place of Bb.

-Nice that someone knows the answer, although he forgot to mention that Sweden uses H too.

It's a different system used in some parts of Europe, just like the far more popular Note-system with a B and Bb and the "less popular" Solfege.
You are currently reading my sig.

"Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah. Ah yeah, ah yeah, ah, ah, ah." - Robert Plant
in my country we also use H instead of B, B is Hb in our system
Amorphis
Quote by iceman_8319
The human eye only captures a certain amount frames per second.
By the time you've read this post, 3 ninjas have had sex in front of you.

I believe that the letter "h" is where we get our contemporary natural sign.
If everyone liked what I did, I probably wouldn't be playing anything of depth.

—Joshua Redman