Hey yall. i have a 150watt line6 spider IIIcombo and i love the blues and crunch channel but everything else is just. lacking. i play all types of music and am looking for a versatile tube amp in the 600-1000 range, hoping for something with some power as well because i play with the school jazz band and need to out power many horn players. any suggestions?
Last edited by Dudemonkguy at Oct 11, 2007,
Jcm 2000 dsl-50
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
i always like to ask this to people who buy spyders.. why did you buy it? did you wrongly believe it was good?

back on topic. if you want to spend on the 600 range i suggest a Fender Blues Deluxe. if you want to spent more on the expensive side, then a JCM 2000 as SG has said
Shoot..ummm Traynor YCR-50 Blue or a Fender Hotrod
Gear:
1980 Gibson SG Standard Cherry Red
Ibanez TM-71 Talman Artcore Semi-Hollow
2003 Tom Delonge Fender Strat Seafoam Green
Traynor YCV40
swat man.i bought it when i was still playin on a squier. i liked the effects and it was a lot easier to change the tone than other amps. now i feel its makin me crazy, i can get an exremely distorted sound, crispy clean sound, but nothing really inbetween.
A Peavey Valveking 50 watt 112 tube combo is very versatile, has pretty good cleans and more than enough gain, only $449 if you want to save some money. It will do anything except modern high gain metal without a pedal, and is very loud. Horn players beware. If you want to spend all of your $1000 you really can't beat a used Fender Twin Reverb, especially for jazz and blues, not to mention country.