Page 1 of 2
Ok so me and a few mates are going to paintball tomorrow, so im just wondering am I supposed to wear something or do they give you something to wear or what? Cos' I dont want to rock up in shorts and a tshirt if their not giving me anything else..
Also is the pain bad from getting shot?

Thanks in advance
They won't give you ****, wear layers and layers of clothes...
Yeah, make sure you layer well, but don't wear a lot of single bulky items. Instead, get a lot of thin materials like thermal underwear and use them for layering.

Also, if you are going with a bunch of dicks that could potentially see the humor in shooting you in the balls, wearing a cup wouldn't be a bad idea.

EDIT: And the level of pain really depends. I got shot shot in the chest from a decent distance and so it didn't hurt much. On the other hand, getting nailed in the hand from 20-25 feet away hurt like a mutha.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

I am the mistress of ManWithoutAHat . This pleases me.
go to a sports outlet and get some gear cause it hurts like heck to get hit by most brands of paintballs. youll leave there with all kinds of nasty welts. that is unless your some kind of mad max. if you are then gung ho! lol
jackson dinky build!

do you live in a country?

pics dude or a vid of you trying to say 'bananaramapancake'
so it comes out brabrabrabwabwa

^about when i came home from the dentist and my face was numb from novacaine.
Quote by terrencemaddox
Yeah, make sure you layer well, but don't wear a lot of single bulky items. Instead, get a lot of thin materials like thermal underwear and use them for layering.

Also, if you are going with a bunch of dicks that could potentially see the humor in shooting you in the balls, wearing a cup wouldn't be a bad idea.

Thanks yea your probably right dude
ya i go to the local paintball course and they only supply helmets guns and ammo if you pay for it. btw the first shot is always the second most painful, the most painful is always your first paintball to a nut, that is hell
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
it stings a little but its cool its like getting pinched. most places will tell you a limit for the power of your gun(psi i think) its usually around 100-200. unfortunately i got the luck to get hit with a 300 psi paintball straight to the arm, through my shirt and it gave me a little ring-scar. also i would suggest jeans and a T the stuff washes out so its no biggy.
Quote by PatsRockin
Thanks yea your probably right dude

Have fun man.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

remeber if the gun shoot more bps than you can play npm on guitar be scared
lol
I am awesome

I agree with myself

Third Ninja Commander of the UG Society of Ninjas.
most places will let you rent coveralls for $5 - $10. Do that if you don't want to ruin any half decent clothes. And how much it hurts depends on where and from how far away you get hit
Wear some jeans that semi to pretty loose, because if you do infact get shot in the crotch, the pants will hopefully take all of the blow, as apposed to if you were wearing tight jeans you would just be screaming in pain. Getting shot, feels like someone just flicked you really hard about 10-15 times in a row in the same spot, you'll say ow when your hit and it will sting for a sec, but its not really bad at all. Good luck dude and have fun, and remember, if they just give you a standard gun when you go play that they have everyone use, Don't expect to get a lot of hits. The standard guns I played with were so damn inaccurate, your shooting and one would go straight one would go slightly to the left and one would go very far down. So my advice, take single shots to help with the accuracy of the ****ty gun.
Rule 1. Keep SOMETHING in front of balls at all times. I used gas can when not under cover back when I played .
Rule 2. Jeans and a hoody are enough for anyone. Any more and you become a pussy and a target for everyone on the field.
Rule 3. Make sure to take off mask during paint ball exchanges. It just intensifies the thrill.
Quote by suminorudder
go to a sports outlet and get some gear cause it hurts like heck to get hit by most brands of paintballs. youll leave there with all kinds of nasty welts. that is unless your some kind of mad max. if you are then gung ho! lol

Hardly mate haha im a scrawny little dude, well ill get layered up then and protect me man sacks thanks for all your help
Quote by bpp1991
bring lots of water and foodz

And toilet paper.
Miss Scourge? PM me.

no no no, just were a shorts and tee, no pain no game , i played in jeans and a tee , ohh ye also were something on ur hands cus i ran into a stinging nettle field and i put my hands on the floor xD, enjoy it, its really really good fun.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Last edited by Stingz. at Oct 11, 2007,
Quote by Stingz.
no no no, just were a shorts and tee, no pain no game , i played in jeans and a tee , ohh ye also were something on ur hands cus i ran into a stinging nettle field and i put my hands on the floor xD, enjoy it, its really really good fun.

That's just dumb
Miss Scourge? PM me.

Are you doin paintball or woodsball? I have only been woodsballing about 3 times and it is one of the funnest things i have ever done. I cant wait to go again! Usually the first couple times your hit it doesn't hurt much. But man, after the 6-8 game im curled into a ball randomly shooting at the other team. Just be aware of your surroundings, listen up, and get as much cover as possible. You should be fine...
"My strength is my determination" - Randy Rhoads (1956-1982)

Quote by LedZeppelin
Life is not an isolated moment, so don't live it as such.

Quote by bendystraw
art rock? isn't all rock art?
Quote by Mike9200
remeber if the gun shoot more bps than you can play npm on guitar be scared
lol

lol i can ramp my gun at 25 bps. but on normal semi i can do 15-16. but ok most of these people on here are noobs, sorry. but seriously dont worry about it too much. i suggest jeans and maybe 2 shirts like one long sleeve and the other short. sometimes where i live its so hot i just use one short sleve shirt. dont worry about it hurting cause it doesnt. also about ball shots. dont worry about them. if you spend all your time worried about geting shot there, your probly gonna get shot there. just dont worry about that. other then that, if its your really first time going, stay in a noob mob. like all noobs go together i find that the best strat for noobs at pb. last thing is have fun with it. it seems to me the first few times i went paintballing was the most fun, even you though you may not have the best gun or something, its always fun sharing stories with friends after th match or something. it seems now with me and tournement paintball its acutally no that fun. so enjoy your first few times
MY GEAR

1967 gibson sg special (p-90's)

Crate Blue Voodoo 0212 2x12
Quote by crazydiamondII

hendrix was good but he did nothing to change popular music's path.
make sure u get a good hopper and not the ones that keep randomly flipping open cus all the paintballs fall out...

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
Don't worry man. Last time I played paintball I shot this guy in both of his arms (different times) and he only bled.You could see a stream of blood driping down his forearms just stopping at his wrists. That was from 15-20 metres away. Don't wear layers of clothing. It takes away the fun when someone asks you where you got hit and not even a red marks there to show your battle wounds. Jeans and a hoody are all you need. If your paranoid just chuck a peice of cardboard down your undies. It's real fun, just be prepared to pay for alot of bullets if your trigger happy (like me).

I think we were using 300-350 fps guns at the local paintball place.
ohh ye, ur gonna need alot of money, we used £200 for each of us, and that was just the paintballs.

What Goes Up

Must Come Down
If you're renting gear they'll just give the the gun, air, balls, and a mask, the rest is up to you, definitely wear long pants and a long sleeved shirt, camo if you're playing in the woods, don't worry too much about the pain, the adrenaline will hopefully take care of that. And definitely wear a cup.
Getting shot in the neck is a bitch! I copped 2 shots on both sides of my neck. Getting shot anywhere else isn't as painful (besides your nuts).

Also, when I went they supplied me with overalls. I don't know if the place you're going to does that.

One more thing, don't be a maniac and run out in the open like I did...hurts like a bitch afterwards. Oh and don't waste the ammo too quickly...ammo is a freaking rip off. $20 for a 100 shots? Pft, doesn't even last 1 round.
Thanks dudes im RockinPat btw got banned for some bs reason..
Alright im pumped for paintball now haha!
HI
Nah, the pain isn't bad. Well, not from standard issue paint ball guns that they use at many paint ball fields.

That's not to say it doesn't hurt, though, because it does. However, if there was no pain involved, the game wouldn't be half as good. It forces you to cover and make tactical decisions because you don't want to get hit by those paint balls.

My local Paintball arena (Bawtry, probably the best in England) provides you with a camouflage jump-suit and obviously a face mask. If you think it's going to be cold, put on an extra t-shirt. There's really no need for two layers of jeans or anything like that.

Having said that, it really depends on what clothing (if any) your paint ball centre provides.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Last edited by Smokey Amp at Oct 12, 2007,
As soon as you get your first hit from a paintball, you'll lose your fear of it. To be perfectly honest, a general hit from a paintball at a decent range will only hurt for a few minutes, max. Afterward, you'll just have a decent welt to show off to the kids. When I play, nut shots and neck shots are rare at best, but they hurt a little more than a general body shot. Hand shots are second, alongside top of the head shots. You should have a solid dose of adrenaline pumping through you to ease any real pain, though.

Clothing-wise, jeans and two shirts, one long sleeve and another short do just fine. Be ready to get dirty, though. You'll have to crouch, sprint, and duck at a moment's notice. That being said, make sure to get a good stretch and a jog around to warm up. No one likes having sore quads the day after.

Above all, go out there and have a blast.
Back to the classic avatar.

Quote by KISSguitarist
You are the best writer ever Graybass. Sig me for that. But i love you! You should make a book!

Quote by Phil_Bass_Boy
Jesus christ, your avatar is the best I have seen in my life.

Quote by mh400nt
Graybass_20x6 has a better avatar than you
In the back hurts. Getting hit on the top of the head hurts least of all surprisingly. I wore a box/cup/dp as things can get damaged. When i went they put us in like a full army jumpsuit thingo. Was good.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
Denim shorts and a long sleeve shirt.. That's all you'll need for protection, unless you're pissweak or like my friend...

...he went in with tight board shorts on. To make a long story short, he got shot in the balls and now has testicular cancer - one has to be removed and possibly the second too. It really sucks to be him.

And getting shot doesn't hurt THAT much. I got shot point blank in the bicep and had a pretty hardcore bruise, but that was it. About the same as getting flicked with a paper wasp.
"Everybody, one day will die and be forgotten. Act and behave in a way that will make life interesting and fun. Find a passion, form relationships, don't be afraid to get out there and fuck what everyone else thinks."
Quote by savio23q
Getting shot in the neck is a bitch! I copped 2 shots on both sides of my neck. Getting shot anywhere else isn't as painful (besides your nuts).

Also, when I went they supplied me with overalls. I don't know if the place you're going to does that.

One more thing, don't be a maniac and run out in the open like I did...hurts like a bitch afterwards. Oh and don't waste the ammo too quickly...ammo is a freaking rip off. $20 for a 100 shots? Pft, doesn't even last 1 round.

If you can't afford the ammo, why bother? The guns you rent tend to be so erratic inthe way they shoot, you'd be hard pressed to hit a barnfrom the inside.
Just make like Blaine from Predator, fire as often as your gun will allow, don't give yourself time to bleed, and your chewng tobacco wil make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.
Quote by moody07747
everyone always says paintball hurts a lot...so why do they make the guns shoot so darn fast in the first place???

Ive never been paintballin'
If the paintballs went any slower, then even at full pressure from the gas canister, they'd be totally inaccurate.
Quote by MightyAl
If you can't afford the ammo, why bother? The guns you rent tend to be so erratic inthe way they shoot, you'd be hard pressed to hit a barnfrom the inside.
Just make like Blaine from Predator, fire as often as your gun will allow, don't give yourself time to bleed, and your chewng tobacco wil make you a goddamn sexual tyrannosaurus.
If the paintballs went any slower, then even at full pressure from the gas canister, they'd be totally inaccurate.

i love that movie...

TS, make like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ddMowxKchko
Anyone else noticing the TS being banned...?
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Page 1 of 2