I'm trying to mod my Dunlop Crybaby, but I'm still new when it comes to electronics. I got a pot from Radioshack, and it's got three... nodes? leads? I don't even know what they're called. They're the things I need to solder the wires to. I know what I need to solder them to, and I know where the wires connect to the PCB board, but I don't know which points on the pot to solder them to. I know that one of the three is unaffected by the pot, and that the other two points allow the voltage to be gated, but I don't know which is which. Is there any way to find out?
I have absolutely no experience with wahs, but don't you need a special wah pot? I'm pretty sure there's an 'Ultimate Wah Modding thread' here somewhere, asking the frequent posters in there will probably get you the best answer.
If a wah pot is anything like a normal pot (I'd assume it is), then looking from the bottom of the pot, the rightmost lug (or whatever you'd like to call it) should be grounded, the center one goes to the output (or whatever the next component in a wah is), and the left one is connected to the pot's input source (or whatever's before the pot).
Like I said, I have no clue if this is applicable to wah pots, so instead of taking my word for it, I'd suggest you hang tight and wait for someone who's sure about this stuff to answer.
Are you replacing the wah pot, or a resistor with the pot?

Assuming you're replacing a resistor with the pot though, this is how its done. Lug 1 would go to one of the holes where the resistor was (doesn't matter which one). Add a jumper wire from lug 2 to lug 3. And then the other hole from the resistor goes to lug 3.

Last edited by Whole Lotta Led at Oct 11, 2007,
Yeah, I'm replacing a resistor. And I just connect a regular wire from lug 2 to 3? What's the reason for that? Either way, thanks for the help!