goodness gracious. i was hounding around for stuff i'd never need and stumbled upon this thing. why 180 watts when everybody here says 100 watts will tear apart internal organs?
well if your talking about light bulbs, i guess that would be nice for reading at night or something
Quote by its_alive
Lighten up.

The Pit>Professionals

Quote by meh!
Wow, the rape wagon. The wagon sounds like the best wagon in town
the more br00tal the better
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

We'll Never Admit As Defeat
Quote by Waterboy799
the more br00tal the better

br00t4l
Quote by cnut
When I was eight, me and my best friend started "practicing for girls".
Which involved us going into the woods, and him sticking his dick in my ass.
The last time we did it, his sister caught us.

use AVG as your anti-virus
Quote by bananasislegend
br00t4l

but seriously if 100 watts is overkill, 180 watts will crush your skull into a fine powder, i really doubt any amp with 180 watts is going to be played completely cranked, but it would be cool to.
Quote by Scutchington
I like this guy, he's UG's Greek, and he just told your ass in two paragraphs. And I once spent 5 minutes watching his avatar.

A Brain Malfunction

Obviously its not built for pushing the power amp. Like my Triple Recto, if you use distortion it comes from the pre-amp.
but pushing the power amp is awesome
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

I know. I love the sound of it. I love putting my JCM900 to 50watt mode (half power) and hooking up all my guitar cabs to it and cranking it. Very smooth and deep. BUT for what I mostly play it wouldnt make sense to have like a VJ or something like that lol.
100 Watts is not necessarily the end all be-all. I have 130 Watt Tube Music Man Amp with 2 10 inch speakers and I can crank it up pretty loud and it has alot of headroom, but it is not
"skull crushing" or "life threatening." On the otherhand, my amp is no Mesa. Mesa seems to be the modern standard of volumes, and 50 watt Mesas are louder than some 100 watt amps. 100 Watts High Gain is completley different to 100 Watts on a Twin or a Blues Amp.

Member Q-Tron of the EHX Users Guild
Quote by kurdtkobaign
I know. I love the sound of it. I love putting my JCM900 to 50watt mode (half power) and hooking up all my guitar cabs to it and cranking it. Very smooth and deep. BUT for what I mostly play it wouldnt make sense to have like a VJ or something like that lol.

your JCM is modded to work at half power? or you just take one of the tubes out?
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by rhymeswith suck
100 Watts High Gain is completley different to 100 Watts on a Twin or a Blues Amp.

Well said. Different wattage for different applications. For blues, a small combo with low wattage is best to achieve the violin like sustain from power amp break up.
Quote by Waterboy799
your JCM is modded to work at half power? or you just take one of the tubes out?

Nah it has a Hi or Lo (pentode to triode) switch in the back.
Quote by rhymeswith suck
100 Watts is not necessarily the end all be-all. I have 130 Watt Tube Music Man Amp with 2 10 inch speakers and I can crank it up pretty loud and it has alot of headroom, but it is not
"skull crushing" or "life threatening." On the otherhand, my amp is no Mesa. Mesa seems to be the modern standard of volumes, and 50 watt Mesas are louder than some 100 watt amps. 100 Watts High Gain is completley different to 100 Watts on a Twin or a Blues Amp.

I've got one of those 5:25 Express Amps...That thig is friggin loud!!...Mesa is very conservative when rating watts I think
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Nah it has a Hi or Lo (pentode to triode) switch in the back.

ah that's cool.

my Marshall has to always work at the full 100 watts, needless to say, it's loud
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
180 watts will crush your skull into a fine powder

So logically we can deduce that Diezel's target demographic is people wishing to obtain the ability to crush skulls into fine power.

Nothing pleases everyone; everything pleases someone.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by kurdtkobaign
^ Exactly

Oh and Mike, if you like Kevin Smith (Silent Bob) youll like this vid.
http://www.break.com/index/kevin-smith-owns-jerk-at-comic-con.html
He completely pwns this heckler.

that's great

Quote by kurdtkobaign
Can you pull tubes?

i have done it before, but it only really makes a small difference in volume.

Quote by Kendall
So logically we can deduce that Diezel's target demographic is people wishing to obtain the ability to crush skulls into fine power.

people who can detect sarcasm pleases me
Quote by Scutchington

A Brain Malfunction

Quote by Waterboy799
people who can detect sarcasm pleases me

+1 (laughs multiple times)
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Quote by Waterboy799

but seriously if 100 watts is overkill, 180 watts will crush your skull into a fine powder, i really doubt any amp with 180 watts is going to be played completely cranked, but it would be cool to.

Isn't the point that it doesn't have to be cranked, giving you teh_uhltuhmate headroom?
Quote by kurdtkobaign
Well said. Different wattage for different applications. For blues, a small combo with low wattage is best to achieve the violin like sustain from power amp break up.

+1
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
my mesa 2:90 runs 90 watts a side. Need to say its overkill so Im selling and getting a nice 50:50 or even 20:20.
Quote by Kendall

masturbation.

Anyway there could be many reasons why people want an amp that powerful, headroom, just sounded better with more power, intended for large venues.
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD