I'm outta cash right now, and I know I already have three good guitars, but I'm GASing for a les paul, and I have been for awhile now. So when I get a job and score a few hundred bucks ($200 - $600, maybe a bit more I dunno) I wanna get one.

as far as I've heard, the Epiphone models aren't always completely solid (the body is somewhat hollow), and I had a G-400 that went for the same price and it had some bad fretwork (high frets, buzzing).

Thats a big thing for me, I like my action set pretty low, and if there are high frets, it just kills me, because without a lot of work (filing/refretting), I can't lower the action to a decent level.

if the Epis are solid, and the fretwork is good, they are a good choice for me.

I'm also aware of ESP LC offerings -- although I'm not too sure I want EMGs (my amp is tube, but not high gain at all).

anything I should be looking into?
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Definitely take a look at Michael Kelly Patriots.

Far better than anything else in the price range, in my opinion.
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
oooo :drool:

this looks NICE http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Glory-Electric-Guitar?sku=513848&src=3WFRWXX

if it plays/sounds half as good as it looks, its more than worth it.

although this one looks better features wise...

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Custom-Electric-Guitar?sku=512296&src=3WFRWXX

both are strong candidates. any other ideas are still welcome though. It could be a long ass time till I can get a job though

edit:

I missed the phoenix -- that one seems even better than those at less cost
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Michael-Kelly-Patriot-Phoenix-Electric-Guitar?sku=512293

I seriously might have to get that. it seems awesome. I'm going to try and find one to try it out.
Gear:

Jackson dk2m
MIM strat
peavey jsx 2x12 combo
Recording King RDC-26
Digitch RP1000
Crybaby 535Q
Last edited by spiroth10 at Oct 12, 2007,
Seriously, they are built better than they look Spectacularly well crafted guitars for the price. Good pickup and electronics, and the necks are very comfortable.

Money very well spent; you won't regret it .
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ya either look into the micheal kelly patriots personally i dont like the designs, i like the les paul style. but id also look into so agile guitars. anything above a 3000 should be better then an epiphone the only catch is u have to buy online. but id personally reccomend the AL 4000 with emg's or seymour duncans
Quote by Don_Humpador
If you can save up to around $800 USD, you could get a nice Edwards LP from ESP. Apparently they're very well constructed, good to play, good tones, value for money, etc. Dave_Mc has one, he'd be able to talk you through them.

http://www.espguitars.co.jp/edwards/index.html

(Use the bars on the left with LP in the name )

+1

if you can't, i hear good things about those michael kellys, but haven't tried them.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Dave are you hearing things again? Start taking your medication. Any time you can get a Japanese guitar you should go for it. I haven't seen a bad one in years, and my MIJ Strat is great. Micheal Kellys are definitely worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?