Page 1 of 3
i feel weird in my music tastes... i mean my music is either super heavy (black dahlia murder killwhitneydead etc...) or super soft (John mayer Angels And Airwaves)

anyone else like this?
Favorite Artists/Bands
1.John Mayer
2.Smashing Pumpkins
3.Moneta
I have a very wide range of taste, so yes i suppose so...

I like Slayer, and I like Leonard Cohen, how those two mix I will never know...
Quote by Guitar0player
You're Thurstonsexual

Happily E-Married to En_zed
The public doesn't want new music; the main thing that it demands of a composer is that he be dead.
-- Arthur Honegger

Enjoy reading? Please crit my work .
Yeah. I was just listening to Amon Amarth, now it's switched to Eskimohunter.
Got to have a bit of variety.
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
Number 9
No, a weird taste in music is one that only listens to one kind of music. THAT is weird. There is so much good stuff out there.
Well, I like Lifehouse, I like AC/DC, I like RATT, I like Chuck Berry, I like SRV, and I like Satriani and Vai. Oh, and Emenim's earlier stuff. I refuse to touch country, though.
Livin' Easy, Livin' Free
I listen to Lamb of God and Beethoven.
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Uhh.. Seriously.. Just look through my profile. I understand your pain. UG is the only place I can come to where anyone will have any clue about what I'm talking about.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Earlier my iPod went from Stevie Wonder to Cradle of Filth or something like that.
Love the diversity of music
Originally posted by VoodooChild15
If your girlfriend's having sex at 13, she's a dirty dirty whore. And if you're having sex at 14, you're a dirty dirty...pimp.

Looking for a drummer in the Detroit, MI area
PM if interested!

MySpace
Quote by Wheel
i feel weird in my music tastes... i mean my music is either super heavy (black dahlia murder killwhitneydead etc...) or super soft (John mayer Angels And Airwaves)

anyone else like this?

Lol.

You just like different music, nothing weird about that.

I like lots of different artists as well.

(John Mayer FTW!)
"There are millions of people in the world, and none of those people are an extra. They're all leads in their own stories."
<//////>~
same thing...i listen to everything between death metal to jazz and classical
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
James Blunt to Black Sabath and Metallica and stuff in between like Zeppelin. Im actually watching a James Blunt concert right now after playing PGR3 while listening to PAranoid by Sabath
^This post was probably sarcastic

GO LEAFS GO

Chief Executive Officer of Music Games of THE ULTIMATE-GUITAR GAMING FORCE
earlier.. dream theaters scenes from a memory album to some necrophagist so yeah and us being guitarist we all can appreciate classical music, I love classical music
PSN id: SeniorSausage
I understand your dilemma.

I like Cradle Of Filth and Strapping Young Lad, and yet I dance around to Mika whenever he's on the radio. AND sing along. It's very sad.

I like FOB too, AND, just to make it worse, I live in a house where P!nk is considered a guitarist.
one of my favourite genres is grindcore (proper stuff, napalm death, general surgery, GUT, etc) and i primarily listen to extreme metal, but i also love abba and delta goodrem.

go figure.
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
mainly atm im listening to I killed the prom queen, parkway drive, mourning tide ( all aussie/hardcore) some black dahlia murder and death cab for cutie the postal service, plain white t's and radiohead.
i say diversity FTW
Well sometimes (not that often though) I listen to Frank Zappa, other times I listen to Mortician or Cryptopsy...
I listen to Cannibal Corpse & Iron Maiden(Metal), Al DiMeola (Jazz/Fusion), SRV (Blues), Bach (Classical), TiTo Puentes (Salsa), Bob Marley (Reggae), Korplikaani (Folk Metal), the sex pistol (Punk), King Crimson & Zappa (Rock), Bob Dylan (Folk), Johnny Cash (Country) and Run-DMC (Hip Hop)
"There's Jimmy Page, the greatest thief of American black music who ever walked the earth."
-Homer Simpson
Pfft, I doubt you'll find anyone else in the world (other than yours truly) who likes all of the following:

A Tribe Called Quest (early 90s hip hop group)

Ravi Shankar (classical Indian music, anyone? Yeah, sitars, tablas, and all that jazz.)

Moi dis Mois (Japanese gothic power metal band with organs and harpsichord)

Blink 182 (Blink 182 fans aren't rare, but fans of Blink 182 and the other bands
on this list are)

Frédéric Chopin (three cheers for the 19th-century piano man \m/ )

Slipknot (see Blink 182.)

Pantera (that's right; I'm following Slipknot with Pantera)

Ai Otsuka (that's right; I'm following Pantera w/ cutsey upbeat sqeaky-voiced JPop)

Dead Kennedys (though I must admit, I don't steal people's mail or kill the poor)

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (the Hawaiian gentle giant of ukulele)

Tool (find one other person who likes Tool and Ai Otsuka o.O )

Danny Elfman (screw the Family Guy joke...)

Eminem (who?)

John Lennon (running out of things to say...)

Relient K (someone who likes Dead Kennedies and Relient K?!)

Marilyn Manson (Relient K and Marilyn Manson?!)

Will Smith (like I said, no boundaries!)

Michael Angelo Batio (speaking of no boundaries...)

Nirvana (might as well follow the shredder with every shredder's nightmare)

Dave Brubeck Quartet (fo' the jazz)

Amadou & Mariam (a duo from AFRICA consisting of two blind black musicians...)

Andrew Lloyd Webber (can't get much whiter than a composer of musicals)

Dead Can Dance (influences range from the middle east to medieval Europe to folk)

Namie Amuro (might as well follow world music by a J-Pop hip hop diva)

Brand New (though it'd be nice to end this list with a familiar face)

Anyone who likes even half of the artists in this list gets my e-respect.

[And an e-cookie if you so desire.]
Last edited by yawn at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by Wheel

anyone else like this?

I would assume most people here are music nuts. I like all types of music but theres a lot of stuff I dont like within those same genres.
Yes, they deserved to die and I hope they burn in hell!
In the rays of the sun I'am longing for the darkness
Funny Canadians : Brandon860, Bodom & Scourge
Leader of the I boobs club
Quote by yawn
Pfft, I doubt you'll find anyone else in the world (other than yours truly) who likes all of the following:

A Tribe Called Quest (early 90s hip hop group)

Ravi Shankar (classical Indian music, anyone? Yeah, sitars, tablas, and all that jazz.)

Moi dis Mois (Japanese gothic power metal band with organs and harpsichord)

Blink 182 (Blink 182 fans aren't rare, but fans of Blink 182 and the other bands
on this list are)

Frédéric Chopin (three cheers for the 19th-century piano man \m/ )

Slipknot (see Blink 182.)

Pantera (that's right; I'm following Slipknot with Pantera)

Ai Otsuka (that's right; I'm following Pantera w/ cutsey upbeat sqeaky-voiced JPop)

Dead Kennedies (though I must admit, I don't steal people's mail or kill the poor)

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole (the Hawaiian gentle giant of ukulele)

Tool (find my one other person who likes Tool and Ai Otsuka o.O )

Danny Elfman (screw the Family Guy joke...)

Eminem (who?)

John Lennon (running out of things to say...)

Relient K (someone who likes Dead Kennedies and Relient K?!)

Marilyn Manson (Relient K and Marilyn Manson?!)

Will Smith (like I said, no boundaries!)

Michael Angelo Batio (speaking of no boundaries...)

Nirvana (might as well follow the shredder with every shredder's nightmare)

Dave Brubeck Quartet (fo' the jazz)

Amadou & Mariam (a duo from AFRICA consisting of two blind black musicians...)

Andrew Lloyd Webber (can't get much whiter than a composer of musicals)

Dead Can Dance (influences range from the middle east to medieval Europe to folk)

Namie Amuro (might as well follow world music by a J-Pop hip hop diva)

Brand New (though it'd be nice to end this list with a familiar face)

Anyone who likes even half of the artists in this list gets my e-respect.

[And an e-cookie if you so desire.]

the only band from your list that i dislike is slipknot and that's because their music sucks and i think that they're posers...other than slipknot, i live it all
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
the only band from your list that i dislike is slipknot and that's because their music sucks and i think that they're posers...other than slipknot, i live it all
Exactly. The reason why I included Slipknot is because people with a diverse taste in music usually have no problem liking music that's "respectable", but can't stand stuff that they see themselves as "above". But I'm different.

(But to be honest, Slipknot is more talented than some of the other artists I put on that list.)
Quote by Wheel

anyone else like this?

OH MAN UR MUSICAL RANGE IS SOOOOOOOOOO VAST OMG
Quote by yawn
Exactly. The reason why I included Slipknot is because people with a diverse taste in music usually have no problem liking music that's "respectable", but can't stand stuff that they see themselves as "above". But I'm different.

(But to be honest, Slipknot is more talented than some of the other artists I put on that list.)

slipknot sucks, that's a fact...it has nothing to do with people thinking they're "above" people
-Homer Simpson
Quote by blues-guitarist
slipknot sucks, that's a fact...it has nothing to do with people thinking they're "above" people
They probably have more talent than Namie Amuro and Will Smith (musically speaking). =/
Slipknot are so over the top, they put Cannibal Corpse and Dragonforce to shame in terms of utter cheeziness.
Quote by yawn

joey jordison, just watch that dvd released by roadrunner united with all of their artists working together, he writes parts for everything, he is one of the few truly talented musicians.
yeah that roadrunner united dvd was awesome. I always knew joey was a good drummer, but i never realized how diverse he was in his musicianship even outside of drumming till i watched that dvd. He is definately one of the more talented members of the band. I do think their guitarist are quite talented just nothing really special
PSN id: SeniorSausage
Quote by yawn

I want my e-respect. I happen to like Slipknot as well as most of those bands.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Quote by Jack Off Jill
I want my e-respect. I happen to like Slipknot as well as most of those bands.
Well you have to prove to me by listing the ones you like and saying what's your favorite song of their and why it's your favorite song of theirs.

Three cheers for small text that didn't even exist!
Yeah. I love Chamillionaire, Steve Vai, and Led Zeppelin. WTF right?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
A Tribe Called Quest-Electric Relaxation

Ravi Shankar-Iap Jor

Moi dis Mois-No Clue Who this is.

Blink 182-I Want To **** A Dog In the Ass.
Frédéric Chopin-Minute Waltz
Slipknot-Eyeless
Pantera-The Art of Shredding

Ai Otsuka-Always Together

Dead Kennedys-Trust Your Mechanic

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole-I have no idea who this is.

Tool-Third Eye

Danny Elfman-This Is Halloween, I learned it on Guitar, too!

Eminem-Drug Ballad

John Lennon-Dear Yoko

Relient K-I don't like them, I'm sorry.

Marilyn Manson-Coma White
Will Smith-Parents Just Don't Understand

Michael Angelo Batio-These Four Walls
Nirvana-In Bloom, and Milk It are my favorite.
Dave Brubeck Quartet-Not a fan of this man's work.

Amadou & Mariam-# La Paix
Andrew Lloyd Webber-The Phantom Of the Opera. Though, I think Jeckyll and Hyde had the superior composer.

Dead Can Dance-The Carnival is Over

Namie Amuro-I To You, but I think Yoko Kanno is a million times better.

Brand New-I'm not gonna lie.. I don't like them.
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by Jack Off Jill
A Tribe Called Quest-Electric Relaxation

Ravi Shankar-Iap Jor

Moi dis Mois-No Clue Who this is.

Blink 182-I Want To **** A Dog In the Ass.
Frédéric Chopin-Minute Waltz
Slipknot-Eyeless
Pantera-The Art of Shredding

Ai Otsuka-Always Together

Dead Kennedys-Trust Your Mechanic

Israel Kamakawiwo'ole-I have no idea who this is.

Tool-Third Eye

Danny Elfman-This Is Halloween, I learned it on Guitar, too!

Eminem-Drug Ballad

John Lennon-Dear Yoko

Relient K-I don't like them, I'm sorry.

Marilyn Manson-Coma White
Will Smith-Parents Just Don't Understand

Michael Angelo Batio-These Four Walls
Nirvana-In Bloom, and Milk It are my favorite.
Dave Brubeck Quartet-Not a fan of this man's work.

Amadou & Mariam-# La Paix
Andrew Lloyd Webber-The Phantom Of the Opera. Though, I think Jeckyll and Hyde had the superior composer.

Dead Can Dance-The Carnival is Over

Namie Amuro-I To You, but I think Yoko Kanno is a million times better.

Brand New-I'm not gonna lie.. I don't like them.
I present to you, my e-props.

And your complementary e-cookie:

Feel proud, good sir!
Thank you.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 3