I was thinking of getting a new guitar because the one of got at the moment is like a starters one, and ive been playing for a while now.
So... I was wondering if anyone could recommend a specific guitar or make?
It would be very helpful.
it all depends on what sort of music you want to play. gibson and fender tend to be pretty diverse (you can play almost any sort of music with them). jacksons, ibanezes, bc riches, and scheters tend to be more metal. it just varies based upon bands/genres.
thanks.
i like to play strumming songs like; you and me - lifehouse,
collide - howie day,
There the two off the top of my head right now but yeah, those are the kind of songs I like to play. What would you says best for that?
yeah I think Davis is looking in the wrong forums because in general Fender make bad vlaue acoustics and Gibsons... well, i hear a lot of different stuff.

And we kinda need more info.
How much do you want to spend on getting a good guitar. Because I could happily point you the way of some guitars worth $3K+ but i presume that that wouldnt help you much...
I dont want to spend too much. Probobaly between $200 - $500. I dont know whether they will be much better quality but anyway thats probobaly how much id like to spend
Quote by davis2313
it all depends on what sort of music you want to play. gibson and fender tend to be pretty diverse (you can play almost any sort of music with them). jacksons, ibanezes, bc riches, and scheters tend to be more metal. it just varies based upon bands/genres.

This is the acoustic forum ya know.
You should look into a Maton or Cole Clark being in Australia, they both make great guitars.

I picked up a Maton m225 awhile ago and it sounds great, well worth the cost.
Well your in Australia so the best thing i can probably recommend for you is a Cort Earth 200 which should end you up at around $450

Ummm, Takamines tend to be a lot more expensive than in the States, also not as many places stock them.
The other stuff you could look at are the Yamaha FG series and some Alvarez's. But the Cort has a solid back while the Yammies, Alvarez's and Taka's in that same price range will only have solid top, but you might still find you like one of them better than a cort anyway, personal taste, all that stuff....

Also what are you upgrading from?
And would it be possible to may wait a bit longer and save up to $700-$800 and grab a Maton M225 or Cole Clark FL1, because they would probably be better value, and theyre aussie made so you dont get any of that markup for importing like on Takamines which are great vlaue in the US, but in Aus, I'm not convinced. In the lower price range (sub $1500) the Cole CLarks are probably better value than the Matons, but after that theyre pretty much neck and neck, just Maton has a wider range.
well for $300-$500 I would suggest either a Yamaha FG, or advise you to check out parkwood or seagull.

The Taylor Big baby is a great guitar. A bit small so not too bassy, but bright as hell and very well made.

However...

If I was to get an all wood acoustic guitar and was gonna fork down $500, I would save up about $100-$200 more. That will put you into a whole different range. I reccommend doing this and checking out Taylor or Breedlove. I played a Taylor for I think $599, and the sound was far superior in my opinion to many of the other brands going for $1000
Yeah but in Australia dont expect to get a decent Taylor for under... well, a lot of money maybe?
But yes, try save up a bit more and look at Matons and Cole Clarks.