George will always be remembered as a pioneer of the electric guitar, and should be remembered that it was he who opened the doors to exploring `other` music & scales. It takes a brave and confident person to record `Within You Without You` amongst the other songs on `that` album. AND that song today has more relevance than most of the others.

God Bless You George.
Quote by George Harrison
I can`t put more than 4 notes together in a run
How about George Harrison's work as a producer? He produced Ravi Shankar's Chants of India. It sounds absolutely beautiful. <3
^^^ AGREED, george harrison in the bangladesh concert he is flat out the star of all those people, fantastic concert... Within you and without you, has some great meanings to it. Like "Try to realize its all within yourself, no one else can make you change." "With our love we could save the world."
Taking a left turn here....

Has anyone seen the Wilburys DVD?

Best bit where Tom Petty recalls them all saying, "Hey Roy, you must be the greatest singer in the world?"

Roy replies, "Yeah!"

Classic.
Quote by George Harrison
Quote by davey1272250
George will always be remembered as a pioneer of the electric guitar, and should be remembered that it was he who opened the doors to exploring `other` music & scales. It takes a brave and confident person to record `Within You Without You` amongst the other songs on `that` album. AND that song today has more relevance than most of the others.

God Bless You George.

Kiss ass much?
Quote by Pyaar
^^^ Disrespectful much?

What I said was not a disrespectful statement.
I don't know where he ranks with the other Beatles, because I love all of them way too much. (Yes, even Ringo.) However All Things Must Pass is one of my all-time favorite albums, and his stuff with The Beatles is phenomenal. I love While My Guitar Gently Weeps, Here Comes the Sun, and Taxman. And even Within You Without You.
Quote by Pyaar
get back on topic or dont post here

That's quite ironic coming from you, who was the one that changed the topic in the first place.

George Harrison was a good musician, and to say any more than that is overkill if you ask me.
I really think he doesn't need his own thread, I mean if the other Beatles have to have their threads closed and the conversation moved to the Beatles Chat thread should George be the same?
DALAI LAMA OF ZEPPELINISM

Quote by Kartman

I look up to you now. I'm serious, I have more respect for you than most Ugers!
Quote by Maet
Kiss ass much?

Only if they`re clean.

Why is it, people get ****ty if you complement a guitarist who`s playing maybe technically inferior to Satch? Just wondering? Probably insecurity, i suppose.
Quote by George Harrison