Anyone know how to edit a song to make so its the just the music not the singing?
and if so how and what program do u use?
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
I don't think it's possible if it's one single file, such as an mp3. As far as I know, it's only possible with actual editing files, where everything is layered.
damned...
We fear violence less than our own feelings. Personal, private, solitary pain is more terrifying than what anyone else can inflict.
Jim Morrison
I usually just sing over the regular songs...granted, this isn't ideal for karaoke purposes, but it is for driving-around-in-my-van-and-belting-stuff-out-at-the-top-of-my-lungs purposes. I have been wondering about editing vocals out of songs, though...thanks for making the thread for me!
Quote by Grimme
I know plenty believe me. I've seen both Avenged Sevenfold and Bullet For My Valentine live, so don't tell me I don't know my metal.

www.myspace.com/awkwardsilencemusic
You can use Audacity, but it'll sound really tinny and there'll still be some vocals.
Quote by sargasm
You can't.

You need the master tracks.

Yeah.

I wish you could, though.
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
Quote by yawn
You can use Audacity, but it'll sound really tinny and there'll still be some vocals.

+1 check the audacity site, I think that its in their FAQs. And it only works on songs where the vocals are dead center and everything else is panned away.
Quote by CowsWithGuns
And the facade of heterosexualism in the punk and ska forum came crashing down like a fat girl falling off a balcony...