I finally got to play my new Valveking at rehearsal.
Up to now I had used a Laney solid state head on the clean channel, with my distortion coming from my Zoom FX, through a Peavey 4x12 cab, using my Ibanez.

Now, it's the Ibanez straight into the VK head, same cab.

Before I got feedback at rehearsal type volumes sometimes - high pitched, not that unpleasant and fairly controllable, with just a palm to stop it ringing, and it didn't do it during playing, just between songs.

With the new set up this feedback comes on more easily, plus I get a lower pitch humming type feedback which is more difficult to stop - I have to hold the strings in two places at once pretty much - and it often does it during songs.

What is the best way to stop both types of feedback?
I have tried rolling off both the bass and treble, but it doesn't seem to help. The only thing that works is backing off the volume.

???
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Epiphone SG CS Ltd Ed 1966 Reissue
Cort M200/WS
Richwood RS17CCE acoustic
Hayden Mofo
Harley Benton 2x12 Celestion V30

My Band - Haemasmtha
Usually the problem is that you have too much gain. I have a VK head and no problems with feedback, when gain is at about 6-7, the volume knob on 7-10 and the volume boosts on.

Other than that, try standing further away from the cab, it does feed back if you´re standing right in front of the amp facing it. If that still doesn´t work, your guitar´s pickups may be lo-quality and produce unwanted noise. Try using another cable (I´ve had some low-frequency humming problems when using cheap or nearly-broken cables)

Hope this helps
Invest in a noise gate for your setup. Otherwise you could try a sound suppressor pedal, boss has a pretty good one for like 80 bucks. A noise gate is by far the best option though
I stand about 2m from the amp.
The gain is pretty high - about 8-9 with the gain boost on.

If I stand much further away I'm getting close to the drummer and his stupidly loud cymbals.

I'll try out a noise gate if I can.
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha
Hey - I used to use this avatar on another site - until it got banned!

Anyway, no dist pedal used...
Main Gear:
Ibanez RG550EX
Ibanez S470
Cort M200/WS
Hayden Mofo

My Band - Haemasmtha