Was at my local shop the other day jus seein if he had any decent amps at a good price and I came across an 1965? Fender Bassman head for $500...looked in good condition but i didnt really get to try it out,i assume it has great cleans can anyone tell me how the distortion is?
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
its a clean machine. when youve got it a bit past halfway(LOUD) it will start to break up. doesnt get too dirty. they do love distortion pedals though.
*Ding!*

There were changes made almost every year in the 60's, so a '65 will be pretty different from a '64, for example. If it is indeed a '65, it is really an amazing amp, which IMO sounds better overdriven than clean. It gets about as dirty as any other Fender from that period, maybe a tad dirtier.

If you're looking from a low to mid gain American sound, it's perfect (bit loud though).
What type of tone do you want?

I'd like a tone that sounds good....lol wanna pair it up with a vintage Mustang or re-issue Jag for my clean rig
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
Quote by roger88
I'd like a tone that sounds good....lol wanna pair it up with a vintage Mustang or re-issue Jag for my clean rig

That tells me close to nothing.

How much gain do you want?
Fat, midd-y etc., British/American?
Clean or distorted?
Any similar tones to any bands?
What genres?

Some questions that would help if you answered.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
Should sound great. I played in a band for 3 years or so with a bass player who used a early 70's bassman, I got to try it out on guitar a few times, great guitar amp. Neer could get him to sell it to me...dammit...

I'd grab it, but make sure you can get a good guitar cabinet that matches the impedance of the amp, 4 ohm according tothe Fender Amp Field Guide. Should make a great guitar amp, the one I played did.

Edit: a '65 is the Blackface Bassman...or should be...
Hmmm...I wonder what this button does...