They sound fairly close, though obviously they won't be the real thing. It's good if you need all those different sounds, though you'd probably be better off looking at one single versatile pedal, because it's tricky to get it set up so that you can switch models without having to tweak it.
I hear the Boss DS-2 is a pretty versatile pedal that can capture most distortion sounds
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box
Yamaha DTXplorer DrumKit
@Denthúl - Couldn't have said it much better myself.
Gonna Leave this town

Gotta leave this town

Gonna make a whole lotta money

Gonna be big yeah...
(Jimi Hendrix - Hear My Train A Comin')

flickr
Quote by jxljxl
I hear the Boss DS-2 is a pretty versatile pedal that can capture most distortion sounds

I have one, and it's pretty good. Turbo I is basically just a DS1 sound, which is good for most kinds of rock. Turbo II is more of a mid-rangey sound and I love it. Definitely good for a more alternative sound. If you get the footswitch to go with it, then swapping distortion sounds is simple.

It can get quite heavy, but it also does gentle if you get the settings right and play with the volume on your guitar.

Quote by add45
@Denthúl - Couldn't have said it much better myself.

I think there are one or two metal models on there, but honestly if you're looking for metal sounds I'd suggest you look at the Electro Harmonix Metal Muff.
^ +1
"Make my funk the P-Funk, I want my funk uncut"
Quote by jambi_mantra
James, are you God?

Fender Highway One Tele
1985 Encore 335
Takamine EG523sc
Laney VC15
Vox V847
MXR M-108
EHX Q-Tron+, Big Muff Pi, POG
MI Audio Crunch Box