Page 1 of 2
(refer to standard tuning, even if you play dropped)

I'd say mine is G, or possibly B. How about you?
Ummm.. I'm not sure. I use them all. I guess.. Low E?
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Probably D for me
Unless I'm playing something off The Wall album... Then the D string is most important.
I don't know. I use all about the same.
Founder of UGPSA: Ultimate-Guitar's Pot Smokers Association. PM me to join.
Quote by Slash_HuDsOn
ak guitarist doesn't dress in the morning. he kills throughout the day and attires himself appropriately

I don't really know. I'd go with high E, because if that snaps then I can still play chords and lead to an extent. If any of the rest go, it's just major annoying and I'll put a new one on before I even play again.
None I need em all
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Probably D. But I refuse to play with a broken string.
Quote by clapton-floyd
I don't believe in free will, I believe in Rohypnol.
high E, B, G, D.
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
Edit: ^^that would be A. you should probably learn that stuff pretty soon otherwise you might have some trouble tuning your guitar.

i always hated open G
it was always the grosest of notes
it has made me recheck my tuning several times just by how disgusting it sounds
Glimsom wrote:
I fell several hundred feet, and hit the ground, and then Batman appeared. He said "You gotta press the Y Button to fly." Then I woke up.
Last edited by roarinflames at Oct 12, 2007,
I likes em all.
Main Gear:
Cort G-Series 254
Takamine EG345C 12-String
Fender Squier P-Bass

Peavey Classic 50
Laney HCM65B

$75 Junk Drums w/ B8 Hats/Crash/Ride
B, I suppose...

I love all my string though!
Some people like cupcakes exclusively, while myself, I say there is naught nor ought there be nothing so exalted on the face of God's grey Earth as that prince of foods:

the muffin!
um. i use all of them?
--------------------i'm definitely the alphaest male here--------------------
How can yoy say strings are pointless, I am in a 1 guitaris band so play both rythm & lead

None are pointless I use the bottom 3 for power chords, the top 3 (and the other 3) for solo's.

You use all the strings for barre and different open string chords so they are all essential.
I have awesome hair
Low E maybe... I don't keep a record of which strings i play more or less.
I'd say low E, judging by the amount of ****ty grime behind my strings I use B or G the most.

Quote by roarinflames

i always hated open G
it was always the grosest of notes
it has made me recheck my tuning several times just by how disgusting it sounds

Aw god I couldn't agree more

Quote by sebastian_96
B, I suppose...

I love all my string though!

Arent you like a Chili Peppers fanatic? Are you aware that in order to play in Johns soloing style the B string is essential??

Don't steal, don't lift
Twenty years of schoolin'
And they put you on the day shift
Last edited by Defunkt at Oct 12, 2007,
I use them all pretty heavily
I certainly couldn't sacrifice one.
hug your local pug dealer!
e minor for guitar, G for bass
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
making a windows machine look like a mac is like putting lipstick on a pig.

~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Quote by Cizzie
I hate them all

Nothing beats air-strings, the perfect gauge, the perfect feel, incredible tone....
In order of uselessness:

D
High E
A
G
B
E
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Quote by Bleeding_me
e minor for guitar, G for bass

e minor string? lol wut?

I'd say my most useless string would be my g-string.

The girls in the club where I dance, tear it off almost immediately.

Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
High E for me. I use it the least since I'm a rhythm guitarist.
WTLTL 2011
D? Dunno the letters or whatever. Dunno mch about letters bein associated with guitar really. But whatever the fourth string is. Blah...I don't like it much.
Quote by erifxneef
D? Dunno the letters or whatever. Dunno mch about letters bein associated with guitar really. But whatever the fourth string is. Blah...I don't like it much.

That's G.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Never really thought about it at all. Kind of a waste of a post but I can't answer.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by Jack Off Jill
That's G.

No, the fourth is the D. The strings I buy have the number on them and with the D it says 4th string.

Mine would be the D or high E. I like D chords and the key of D, but I just don't use chords with roots on the 4th much, I do use the G for the latter however. The E is because when I'm soloing I don't make much use of string skipping, so I really need the E and G.
Last edited by frankv at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by frankv
No, the fourth is the D. The strings I buy have the number on them and with the D it says 4th string.

You are correct sir.
Wait.. Which fourth? Up or down?
Quote by vintage x metal

Quote by akaDan
When numbering strings to tend to start from the high e.

Hmmm.. I never noticed that. I assumed he meant from the lowest.
Quote by vintage x metal

Page 1 of 2