Page 1 of 3
Alright well as you could tell by the title I listen to metal and it really annoys me when you get those ignorant kids who just go "ewww theres screaming its screamo" or they go "Metal is so emo!" one of my mates was paying me out about Dimebag and he goes "His music was so crap no-wonder he got shot!" now he listens to rap so I go "Yeah that would explain why rappers get shot so much hey?" needless to say owned

so any of you dudes get any of this kinda hate?

(and just so you know I dont hate rap, I listen to some Dr.Dre, Eazy-E classic rap but it just popped into my mind lol)
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
yes i get it all the time
i get called emo cause of it to
Quote by rocker138
Wow...I can't believe no one thought of that, I actually have lost 5% of my confidence for not thinking of that, I bow to you

MY GEAR
EPIPHONE LES PAUL STANDARD
RANDALL RG75 G2 SERIES
MARSHALL JACKHAMMER
i get it all the time, usually cause i provide good evidence why the music they listen to sucks, they just get angry at me, i'm always wrong at my school.... but yeh wat your friend said about dimebag is downright disrespectful, i actually felt offended just then
[url="http://www.myspace.com/luxterna91]...And Now The Descent
Quote by clincher09
"I like maceroni and cheese" "Yeah well it's not as good as Tool. Did I ever tell you guys about Tool? Lateralus is the best thing ever."
Never happened to me, but thats probably because I haven't talked to any of my friends in about a year, which is about when I started to like metal.
bout 5 years ago, if i listened to anything with a guitar in or wore a band tee, i was a mosher, now the word of choice is emo. im neither to be honest, but people just dont get that. i suppose that said when people go down the street playing mc music really loudly but with terrible quality sound systems i call them knob heads - and thats means im generalizing as much as they do.

cors the difference is, im right . . .
It's funny cause rap, rnb, etc... relies on their video clips to be successful, cause their music is s***. Put a couple of naked chicks on the screen and anyone will listen to your music...
ENGL Screamer 50
Schecter Hellraiser FR
Boss GT-8

Quote by stef123
What's worse than eating an apple and finding a worm inside?

Being black.
I hate those f***ing techno people... there are 2 in my class, and once one came in while we were listening to metal, and he shouted "Turn off that ****!" ... I just shouted back at him, altough he is a big, strong nazi bitch... -.- (I am not just calling him one, he really is)

Once another funny techno-thing (are they human?) called our bassist emo... he has long blonde hair, NOT hanging into his face... a long black coat... damn they are so silly. xD

Oh, and have you ever tried to put your jeans into your boots? You never knew how strange some people can look at you. xD

Sry for my hate against techno... but the techno people around here are just amazingly damn stupid!
Emo compared to techno... I love emo! xD
this is just a way people try and either A. give you **** or B.make dicks out of themselves. Now, if you look at metal and emo, what actually makes something emo is what they are singing about, and metal can be like that sometimes, but if you think its a good song or band, I wouldn't argue, just take it in stride and giggle about the fact that they care enough to say anything.
i get hate all the time, usually get called a mosher or whatever. i dont see how its an insult though, so i just kinda annoy them back by waving at them or blow them kisses, they usually stop around about that time
nah man i get none of that rubbish aye. but then again in my area everyone listens to rock like ac/dc nd zepplin nd stuff so metal is tolerated. I donno aye people that live in perth (australia) are pretty good at differentiating between emos nd metalheads nd the like, in fact we are pretty much tolerant of everyones musical tastes even if we dont like them ourselves. but its universal that everyone h8s emos not the music but the people who play the sterotype of en emo for attention purposes or for fasion.
whats wrong with techno?

tbh emo/screamo does sound **** IMO. I listen to metal but i can understand why some people wouldnt like it, as to some its just noise.

And thats the way i feel about regular 'pop' music. Just tell people to **** off or just dont play and cause controversy. TS is probably just one of those 13yr old fan boys who listens to metal to piss off his parents and to annoy people. People like THAT piss me off.
Gibson SG (Heavily modded)
Fender USA Strat
Hohner 12 String-uber rare

Fender Silverface Twin

EHX Big Muff
Digitech badmonkey overdrive
Boss DS-1
Blackstar Distortion X
Dunlop Crybaby
Ibanez Delay
Digitech Whammy
Quote by fade2black_69
It's funny cause rap, rnb, etc... relies on their video clips to be successful, cause their music is s***. Put a couple of naked chicks on the screen and anyone will listen to your music...

+40 Ignorance points for you!
It's an acquired taste, like most forms of technical and complex music (jazz, classical, etc.). People who think it's all a bunch of mindless screaming are ignorant and I don't really care enough to try to change their opinion.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by tobythechimp
whats wrong with techno?

tbh emo/screamo does sound **** IMO. I listen to metal but i can understand why some people wouldnt like it, as to some its just noise.

And thats the way i feel about regular 'pop' music. Just tell people to **** off or just dont play and cause controversy. TS is probably just one of those 13yr old fan boys who listens to metal to piss off his parents and to annoy people. People like THAT piss me off.

Wow great work *clap clap*

No I listen to metal cause I like it, when I first heard cowboys from hell I was like "wow this sounds awesome" and that got me into metal and I found more metal bands and I only listen to music that I like, I've got freakin' Marvin Gaye, Lionel Richie and Blink 182 on my computer now please GTFO before you try and be an e-Badass
Quote by Aqua Dementia
I like to play this game where I'll see how many times I can look at a particular chicks ass or tits until I get caught.

Quote by WNxScythe
Fat chicks are different. They don't count, they aren't women.

Digitech Whammy Club!
Em clearly everyone in this thread moaning is just as bad as those they moan about.

Nobody cares, it's only music, and it's only an opinion. Get a life.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Don't all break it down into Metal genres. The question was generalised.

The simple fact is that most people like their Justin Timberlakes and blooming Pussy Hot Girls or whatever. **** music suits **** people. They feel the need to express their opinions about our music, completely basing their arguments on stereotypes and misinterpretations, when in fact they haven't the slightest idea about it.

What it comes down to is, generally speaking, musicians and music passionates choose classical, blues, jazz and metal because they both understand and appreciate those genres of music for the talent and worth they exhibit.

As knowledgeable and credible minds, the metal head that you are, its up to you to ignore the sea of mediocrity known as the commercial rock industry and simply tell them to kindly **** the hell off.
Quote by bassboy 999
Don't all break it down into Metal genres. The question was generalised.

The simple fact is that most people like their Justin Timberlakes and blooming Pussy Hot Girls or whatever. **** music suits **** people. They feel the need to express their opinions about our music, completely basing their arguments on stereotypes and misinterpretations, when in fact they haven't the slightest idea about it.

What it comes down to is, generally speaking, musicians and music passionates choose classical, blues, jazz and metal because they both understand and appreciate those genres of music for the talent and worth they exhibit.

As knowledgeable and credible minds, the metal head that you are, its up to you to ignore the sea of mediocrity known as the commercial rock industry and simply tell them to kindly **** the hell off.

Surely I could say the exact same thing about you though? Maybe you don't know enough about the kind of music that they listen to. And you because you listen to a certain kind of music doesn't make you any more knowledgeable or credible that anyone else. And plenty of musicians and "music passionates" listen to mainstream and popular music too you know.
Quote by CornLord
Derigiberble would win in a fight against any UGer, n00b or not, just because most people on the site can't help but love him/her.

Get, Get, Get, Get, Get Out And Push.
Quote by Derigiberble
Surely I could say the exact same thing about you though? Maybe you don't know enough about the kind of music that they listen to. And you because you listen to a certain kind of music doesn't make you any more knowledgeable or credible that anyone else. And plenty of musicians and "music passionates" listen to mainstream and popular music too you know.

Yes you are right, that is highly contradictory when given in perspective. What I forgot to say is that, and i am sure you agree when I say that Justin Timberlake, Cat Sluts, Eminem etc are indeed ****. ( I used to listen to such music and still hear it played at my friends houses all the time. Now that I am more critical of music and have more of a musically analytical perspective, this is how I view them now).

Pardon, I was not making an attack on commercial music or mainstream rock. Though great bands like Red Hot Chilli Peppers are commercial, I was recognising the more common garbage of commercial rock such as Good Charlotte etc.
I really hate this. The one fag gave me a hard time last year, so I hit him and he hasn't said a word to me since . Also, last week, a guy I know called Foo Fighters emo ???
Quote by The Spoon
i wasnt wikipediaing blow job okay, it just happened

Quote by primusfan

one time i fucked a sofa.

Quote by Draken
Freedom of speach?

on a private website?

Based in Russia?

i'm sorry comrade, but you fail.
[quote="'[faint"]']nah man i get none of that rubbish aye. but then again in my area everyone listens to rock like ac/dc nd zepplin nd stuff so metal is tolerated. I donno aye people that live in perth (australia) are pretty good at differentiating between emos nd metalheads nd the like, in fact we are pretty much tolerant of everyones musical tastes even if we dont like them ourselves. but its universal that everyone h8s emos not the music but the people who play the sterotype of en emo for attention purposes or for fasion.

****, what freakin part of perth do you live in!?!

I get **** all the time for stuff i listen to. Ok its a given i do listen to emo, but just anything with guitars in it, it's like "LoLz DaTs FoR ThE eMoZZ!111!!!! LOl lOlzinG!1!!!11"

Not that i care what they think, just VERY anoying.
Quote by civilunrest
I really hate this. The one fag gave me a hard time last year, so I hit him and he hasn't said a word to me since . Also, last week, a guy I know called Foo Fighters emo ???

Don't worry, people at my school called Led Zep, AC/DC etc emo. Those people, I really hate.
Quote by civilunrest

That happened to me last year aswell! I almost slapped him immideatley after he said it.
Me and some of my friends just stared at him like he was out of his mind till he went away
one of my mates yes hes my mate tried to say metal is not music it should b considered an artwork as there is no point to it as you cant dance to it... i then preceded to grind him into the ground by saying techno is not real music as it uses no actual instruments and is less of music than metal because most of the **** he listens to either has NO melody no harmony and generally no structure whatsoever. now needless to say he shut the **** up especially wen i told him that metal is older has deeper roots and it HAS all these things..
I am me. Live with it.
Quote by Shredlet
Alright well as you could tell by the title I listen to metal and it really annoys me when you get those ignorant kids who just go "ewww theres screaming its screamo" or they go "Metal is so emo!" one of my mates was paying me out about Dimebag and he goes "His music was so crap no-wonder he got shot!" now he listens to rap so I go "Yeah that would explain why rappers get shot so much hey?" needless to say owned

so any of you dudes get any of this kinda hate?

(and just so you know I dont hate rap, I listen to some Dr.Dre, Eazy-E classic rap but it just popped into my mind lol)

I can safely say I have never heard anyone say anything like this.

Ever.

Sucks for you to know idiots
Quote by Jet892
Never happened to me, but thats probably because I haven't talked to any of my friends in about a year, which is about when I started to like metal.

So you mean no-one likes you after you started listening to metal
Right after i left my ex, she came to my house and started tellin me that i'm emo. she thought it would make me mad cuz of how much i express my hatred for them. I had my hair in a ponytail so she thought it was just cuase. lol

kinda low when you try to make someone mad by attackin they're music...heh
I get the whole "It is screaming, it is crap" stuff. I also get "More people listen to my music than yours so it must be better" < I was so shocked at that one my mouth was wide open.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
Quote by Shredlet
I listen to metal and it really annoys me when you get those ignorant kids who just go "ewww theres screaming its screamo."

My only problem with it is genres aren't set in stone, they're more of a personal boundary though there are some broad general sections. If that person believes one scream makes it screamo, so be it. He dislikes anything that is in his "screamo" genre. Most likely you on the other hand, like me, are used to a few metal screams and know it to be nothing like what we consider the genre screamo to be. Someone's specific opinion does not make them ignorant.

Anyways, no, I am not called emo. Yes, I listen to metal. It might be the metal you listen to, I prefer the classics "e.g. Iron Maiden et cetera." The more screaming versions of metal are called emo when in my opinion they aren't, but it's a stereotype because many said emo teens listen to that type of music.
I've never met someone so idiotic as to relate metal and emo thogether, thank God
What have we learned.....

Words are weightless here on earth,
because they're free

.....from this wee exercise?
Quote by DeAd-RiP
i then preceded to grind him into the ground by saying techno is not real music as it uses no actual instruments and is less of music than metal because most of the **** he listens to either has NO melody no harmony and generally no structure whatsoever. now needless to say he shut the **** up especially wen i told him that metal is older has deeper roots and it HAS all these things..

Hmm

A lot of ignorance points going out in this thread, you sir get 100.
Quote by CobenBlack
bout 5 years ago, if i listened to anything with a guitar in or wore a band tee, i was a mosher, now the word of choice is emo. im neither to be honest, but people just dont get that. i suppose that said when people go down the street playing mc music really loudly but with terrible quality sound systems i call them knob heads - and thats means im generalizing as much as they do.

cors the difference is, im right . . .

+1 I've been called an "emo cutter fag" by some chick in the hall just because I had a black jacket on and had longish hair.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
I used to get refered to as "emo" by some of my friends (who are very much into dance/pop music) for wearing a studded wrist band. Good lord...

I don't have my hair covering my face (christ, it isn't even long).
I listen to punk, not emo.
I wear combat trousers/ripped jeans, not skin tight testicle chokers.
I wear Clash/Ramones t-shirts. Hardly 'emo'.
I can't stand songs about failing relationships, love or and of that sort.

It's just musical ignorance.
Last edited by akaDan at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by LedZeppelin
It's an acquired taste, like most forms of technical and complex music (jazz, classical, etc.). People who think it's all a bunch of mindless screaming are ignorant and I don't really care enough to try to change their opinion.

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
I just don't bother with it, although I did have a rather awesome call a few years ago to an ex girlfriends friend who was having a go about Dimebag (notice a pattern here)

The usual, "rah rah it was so fortuitous that Dimabag got shot lollolol"
My reply, "Hey, how good was it that Ramones dude got cancer and died a slow painful death ?"

Game, set, match Power Metal Sam.
Quote by rabidguitarist
manowar.

on the subject:
anyone else notice that the film '300' is like... manowar: the movie?

Quote by morbid_death
Sam, you are my hero.

Metallurgy. Traditional Metal from Brisbane
http://www.myspace.com/metallurgy
Quote by Griff_Kid
****, what freakin part of perth do you live in!?!

I get **** all the time for stuff i listen to. Ok its a given i do listen to emo, but just anything with guitars in it, it's like "LoLz DaTs FoR ThE eMoZZ!111!!!! LOl lOlzinG!1!!!11"

Not that i care what they think, just VERY anoying.

+1000000! That seems about right, anything with guitars is called emo.
I love techno AND metal.
:stickpoke

Baby, if I were biscuits and you were gravy, I'd sop you up

FIGHT IGNORANCE

"I fear for my flesh, but I fear for my spirit even more..."
Meh. I get the 'it's just senseless screaming' from time to time, but since I have an iPod, most people listen to some stuff I listen to and say it's not that bad.

It's all about open-mindness. You're worse for hating other genre's because their listeners hate metal and their listeners. I also wholeheartedly love it when 'metalheads' say they don't care, then continue on how 'bad' pop music is.

I hate being called metalhead because of people who think Metal is the greatest thing to have ever happened, being the best genre, etc.
Gear:
Gibson Explorer
Marshall JCM 900 Dual Reverb Combo
Ibanez TS-9 Tubescreamer
Boss TU-2 Chromatic Tuner
Tons of Green Tortex picks
Lots of other crap...
Page 1 of 3