Page 1 of 2
hey guys i was wondering if you guys know any bands that will help me widen my musical tastes. I currently listen to mostly emo stuff and i still like it and all but i just need some bands to get me into more music i've tried stuff like pink floyd, and mettalica and the music is great but the singing kinda annoys me. Thanks
Alter Bridge, they just two days ago brought out their album "Blackbird". Get it, along with their first album "One Day Remains".
New To Town With A Made Up Name

In The Angel's City

Chasing Fortune And Fame
09/03/2012
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Protest The Hero?

yeah i had a listen to them once and there music is amazing its just those metal vocals there's something about them i dont like i dunno its weird.
the fall of troy, RATM
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
65 days of static. look them up on myspace. you won't have to worry about not liking the vocals, because there aren't any.
Quote by zwart_gitaar

Dismemberment gives me an erection!
Quote by 11223344554433
yeah i had a listen to them once and there music is amazing its just those metal vocals there's something about them i dont like i dunno its weird.

Thats the thing though, their vocals arent really that "metal" and if you are into the kinda emo tinged vocals they should be good.

Or you could go the other way and check out some of that older stuff, Guns n' Roses, that kinda thing because the vocals arent particularly metal in most of the stuff from that era.

Or just listen to the bands that вяaи∂ иєw listed because they rule.
Own a PS3?
Add me: ILOVECHICKEN
Listen to Bedouin Soundclash. You'll forget Metallica ever existed.
Quote by SteveBeginner
the fall of troy, RATM

just checked out the fall of troy they sound sweet im guessing ratm is rage against the machines?
ok thanks for all the suggestions guys but do any of you know bands that are kinda like up beat rock songs i guess you could call them. By this i just mean not really low singing and an actual band its hard to explain what kind of band im talking about cause i cant think of any right now.
EDIT: kinda like this band www.myspace.com/carrspark
Last edited by 11223344554433 at Oct 12, 2007,
not really much punk but:

stevie ray vaughan to show u some blues

led zeppelin if u haven't already

cream, jimi hendrix, radiohead, pearl jam, john martyn, nick drake, jeff buckley

if you try some of them that'll give you a good start on broadening your tastes. oh and dream theater cos i'm listening to them now and goin to see them tonight (yay!)
Quote by Hoodoo Man
not really much punk but:

stevie ray vaughan to show u some blues

led zeppelin if u haven't already

cream, jimi hendrix, radiohead, pearl jam, john martyn, nick drake, jeff buckley

if you try some of them that'll give you a good start on broadening your tastes. oh and dream theater cos i'm listening to them now and goin to see them tonight (yay!)

thanks you reminded me to look for that jeff buckley cd he is amazing any one know any more bands/artists what ever like jeff buckley?
Quote by Alter-Bridge
Alter Bridge, they just two days ago brought out their album "Blackbird". Get it, along with their first album "One Day Remains".

man i didnt know that, now i have to try and find it, i had to get there last album of the internet because i couldnt find it at any shops around me
Quote by 11223344554433
thanks you reminded me to look for that jeff buckley cd he is amazing any one know any more bands/artists what ever like jeff buckley?

Rufus Wainwright is the obvious one.
you should look for an old band called the smiths alot of there songs sound pretty good
Quote by sargasm
Listen to Bedouin Soundclash. You'll forget Metallica ever existed.

+1

Maybe look at some folk punk, This Bike is a pipe bomb, Against Me!, Defiance Ohio and Ghost Mice.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
pantera
Quote by Finnepinne
It was probably a black man who talked. "oh don' go in there gurl, he behind the doh~"

And then got shot.
As I Lay Dying,blessthefall,August Burns Red,old Atreyu,Parkway Drive,and The Devil Wears Prada are all great bands.
For those who were around before my banning,I was a huge Fall Out Boy fanboy,which I am no longer.
Quote by Jackal58
If I was Santa you'd all get shit for Christmas.
Television.

They've got awesome guitar playing, and they're a punk band.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
Incubus
Rage Against The Machine
Fugazi
Godspeed You! Black Emperor
Kunek
Red Sparowes
Dear and the Headlights
John Butler
Tool
Primus
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
Blues Traveler
Lilly Allen
KT Tunstall
Beck
JOHN FRUSCIANTE!!!!!!
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Toots and The Maytals
The Specials
Devo
The Clash
Black Flag
Brian Setzer Orchestra
Louis Armstrong
Hector Berlioz
Stray Cats
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Quote by PastaOfMuppets
Thats the thing though, their vocals arent really that "metal" and if you are into the kinda emo tinged vocals they should be good.

Or you could go the other way and check out some of that older stuff, Guns n' Roses, that kinda thing because the vocals arent particularly metal in most of the stuff from that era.

Or just listen to the bands that вяaи∂ иєw listed because they rule.

But you either love or hate the vocals on GN'R.

I love him=)

Try Hanoi Rocks, his song isn't that odd. Very good though, one of the best voices IMO. Try the first album, a lot of pop in it even though it's glamrock/hardrock/whattevva you wanna call it.
Page 1 of 2