hey guys,i need help choosing a strat ..gonna be my first but of course not the last My choices;

-MIM Standard Fat Stratocaster® HSS
-Fender Highway 1™ Stratocaster® HSS
-MIM 60th Anniversary Standard Stratocaster®*strangely cheaper than the rest*
-Powerhouse Stratocaster®
-Roland-Ready Stratocaster®

They are all ranked in thier positions...Could you guys tell me which one would be the best choice?And if you guys don't think these are good options,please feel free to introduce others.I have a budget of 1k-1.5k SGD *which is about 500-750 Us*

I play rock..bands like Blink 182 and Green Day.Thanks~
What amp do you have?

Well technically the H1 would probably be the best guitar out of all of them, but personally I hate HSS strats, since the bridge position is just another part of the signature strat tone. But it looks like you want a HSS strat, so it'd have to be the Highway 1. If, however, you don't mind having a SSS, you might want to look at the Classic Player's Strats.
i would personally go witht he highway 1, but thats because im' a metalhead
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
i am one too...not a really hard core one...i really like funk too...but it seems so hard to compose something thats funk..john is just simply too pro..john rocks! how about a mix of clean fer funk and distortion fer rock?
For what you want to play get one with a Humbucker in the bridge. I know what the lads are saying about the single coil tone, especially the imbetween bridge and middle positions being cool on a strat but for get that. The tone you are after requires something less weedy, get a humbucker strat and don't worry when you get flamed for not having a sss, because you know you have the better instrument for you.

Craig
Floyd Rose DST-2
Vox AD15VT
Quote by 6StringCraig
For what you want to play get one with a Humbucker in the bridge. I know what the lads are saying about the single coil tone, especially the imbetween bridge and middle positions being cool on a strat but for get that. The tone you are after requires something less weedy, get a humbucker strat and don't worry when you get flamed for not having a sss, because you know you have the better instrument for you.

Craig

that probably the best advice ive heard on UG for a long time. hes exactly right, go for what suits YOU and what YOU want, dont worry about what other people say because you'll be happy with your instrument.
haha,yep,6StringCraig that was some great advice...so looks like i'm gonna get a highway one HSS~
erm,marshall 15,i know it sucks...but its good enough...i deffinately need a guitar first..
Quote by NoobOnZone
erm,marshall 15,i know it sucks...but its good enough...i deffinately need a guitar first..

Well what guitar do you have? Because your amp is a pile of dog doo, if you don't mind me saying.
haha,i know,but i'm not that good yet,so i can't really tell whether its good or not...and i'll rather go with the flow and get better stuff when i get better...and my guitar is a riviera...a gift from my friend...sucks tho..hm...alot of buzzing,i hate the neck....so yeah,guitar is definately on top of my list
i think for the stuff you want to play, you need HSS... it's really then about deciding which is best for your budget- 50% of people who try the H1's say they're vastly superior to the mexican ones, and the other 50% don't see much difference... best if you can try them, basically...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?