Amazingly both my guitars strings snapped and i'm really beat about that ...really,that sucks thoroughly The last time i swapped my acoustic strings,i was really amazed.I had this really bright set of strings...I forgot its brand...but it had a planetwaves advertisement on the back of the packet of strings,i don't think planetwaves sell guitar strings? I don't know.The packaging was some air tight thingy...i'm not sure,i read it a extremely long time ago,but it was used to keep the strings fresh,and i've gotta say...they did a very good job,the strings were like brand new.

Well,i'm about to get some new strings for my guitars and i wonder if there are better brands around?*which i'm sure there is* So many types of strings...Can you guys share some of your favourite brands or types? Esspecially for electric *i'm new to it*
Quote by NoobOnZone
Amazingly both my guitars strings snapped and i'm really beat about that ...really,that sucks thoroughly The last time i swapped my acoustic strings,i was really amazed.I had this really bright set of strings...I forgot its brand...but it had a planetwaves advertisement on the back of the packet of strings,i don't think planetwaves sell guitar strings? I don't know.The packaging was some air tight thingy...i'm not sure,i read it a extremely long time ago,but it was used to keep the strings fresh,and i've gotta say...they did a very good job,the strings were like brand new.

Well,i'm about to get some new strings for my guitars and i wonder if there are better brands around?*which i'm sure there is* So many types of strings...Can you guys share some of your favourite brands or types? Esspecially for electric *i'm new to it*

find out the gauge of your guitar, or take it to the shop and they'll tell you.
I use Ernie Balls Super Slinky and have a Fender Mustang if that helps.
how do people manage to snap strings? i've been playing for about 3 years now, and i replaced the top 3 strings on my peavey because they were getting rusty and i just changed all the strings on my acoustic cause they were the stock ones (and i got the guitar like 3 years ago)
Quote by djmay71
how do people manage to snap strings? i've been playing for about 3 years now, and i replaced the top 3 strings on my peavey because they were getting rusty and i just changed all the strings on my acoustic cause they were the stock ones (and i got the guitar like 3 years ago)

Well, just jamming one day, i snapped my high E by bending on the 22nd fret, and then pulling the wammy up on my RG, so basically, too much tension = string breakage.
both guitar strings broke the sale way...i had my capo on to give it a db tuning...den it snapped...i din put it very tight...
Quote by JoshCrawford
find out the gauge of your guitar, or take it to the shop and they'll tell you.
I use Ernie Balls Super Slinky and have a Fender Mustang if that helps.

How do i find out my gauge of my guitar? could you tell me?