Page 1 of 2
Search and Destroy

I saw them live this summer, it was awsome!
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace" - Jimi Hendrix
Quote by swinghead
search and destroy.... wrong forum anyway

There's no proto-punk or garage rock forum, so I think this is the closest. My favorites are the ones I've heard: Raw Power, Search and Destroy, I Wanna Be Your Dog, My Idea of Fun. Without The Stooges: Lust for Life, The Passenger, No Fun.

I've been meaning to buy one of The Stooges albums. Which one is the best?
Amusing. I just now put a video of I Wanna Be Your Dog on my page, for a friend to enjoy.

As I was looking at the main index, iggy pop shows up as the most recently replied to thread in B&A.
Meadows
Quote by Jackal58
I release my inner liberal every morning when I take a shit.
Quote by SK8RDUDE411
I wont be like those jerks who dedicate their beliefs to logic and reaosn.
Raw Power is amazing. Othen than that, I like 1970, 1969, No Fun, Dog, TV Eye/
Saw 'em at Harewood House and it was amazing. Had a stage invasion during No Fun and I got on stage. Nearly lost my trainer like, but it was such an adrenaline rush dodging the security (though must admit, they had pretty much given up by the time I went for it)
Super Leeds and Classy Cas!
Funhouse.

Always Funhouse.

Down on the Street and 1970 are right on its heels though...

And Search and Destroy can bring me an almost sexual pleasure if it is played at a high volume with some speakers that can sort of control the fuzz.

It is a fuzzy track, after all...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I'm not huges on the Stooges, but my favourite without question is Down on the street.

Yeah I really like them but theres something about them that doesn't grab me as much other proto-punk bands do. Like I appreciate their influence and their great tunes but not as much as I thought I would. I think its the combination of excessive pentatonic masturbation, the hard rock/blues structures and also Iggys voice, oh yeah I also find a lot of their songs drag on too long.

Saying that they are a great band. 'Gimme Danger', 'Your pretty face is going to hell' and '1969' are the best.

Please don't hurt me
It's really the wah that killed the first album for me.

To me, wahwah has connotations of clean middle class kids in the '60s blues rock era, and it just doesn't "fit" into punk music.

Live, the Stooges sound really good, but the shuffle of 1969, on tape, isn't well captured.

I think that the perfect punk production is something of an oxymoron, because it would have to be raw, huge and orchestrated somehow at the same time.

That said, fun house is a better attempt, and has great production.

Apparently the stooges only had 3 songs when they recorded their first album, which is why most of it is mindless crap.

The only guitar work by Ron Asheton I like is his work in destroy all monsters. It's really lush and tasteful.
I need it all, baby, that's no lie
I need a lover with an alibi
I wanna fall into a love so sweet
Honey baby baby I'm hard to beat
Was it polemically sent,
I Wanna know what you meant
I Wanna know,
I Wanna know what you meant
1970, Ann, No Fun, Not Right
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
I just went out to a club, but i didn't go in because Iron Maiden were playing.

We knocked for a lass, and she had a stooges remix of 1969 that had ooh yeah or something, and she threw me out of her house because I told her that ooh yeah has nothing to do with silver glitter paint, peanut butter and defecating on stage.
I know someone who listened to 2 seconds of TV Eye and called it "indie punk ****".

I managed to stop myself from beating him (it's not the first time he's been retarded)
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
TV Eye or anything on Funhouse.

I'm always going back and forth between Raw Power and Funhouse for favorite albums
Quote by lavazza
No Fun and I wanna be your dog are cool, though I don´t know much.....

Does anyone listen to Iggy WITHOUT the Stooges?

Yes, he does good solo work.

My favorite Stooges song is Search & Destroy.

I saw them in April, got a guitar pic, the setlist, and sang with Iggy, Nothing will beat that night.
Quote by Aqua Dementia
Nothing will beat that night.

Thats kinda depressing...

That means it's all down hill from here...

You're probably pretty young too...

I guess there's only one solution. You have to Kill yourself...

It's the only way.
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't know about that, I had soup for breakfast.

Soup for breakfast >>> meeting a living legend.

Lol.

I like Search and Destroy, I Wanna Be Your Dog, and Lust For Life... they awsome songs, and the ones that first got me into Iggy and The Stooges
Haha, just had a good laugh on MSN.

Freddward S. Smith says:
I'm rather into fun house at the moment

Stiv says:
the stooges album or the pat sharpe presented 1990s kids tv show?

Freddward S. Smith says:
well, in all fairness the tv show had the better music

Stiv says:
lol

Freddward S. Smith says:
"Fun house, a whole lotta fun, prizes to be won"

Stiv says:
"its a real crazy show where anything can go etc"
Quote by BrianApocalypse
I don't know about that, I had soup for breakfast.

Soup for breakfast >>> meeting a living legend.
Soup is delicious
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Soup makes me feel ill, no matter what my name may suggest in it's food form
FUCK YOU! GET PUMPED!
Quote by LastCaress88
I need it all, baby, that's no lie
I need a lover with an alibi
I wanna fall into a love so sweet
Honey baby baby I'm hard to beat

L E T S G O F U C K I N C R A Z Y ! ! ! !

Quote by Iluvpowerchords
Thats kinda depressing...

That means it's all down hill from here...

You're probably pretty young too..

I guess there's only one solution. You have to Kill yourself...

It's the only way.

Well I got carried away with "nothing will beat that night". It was an amazing experience though.
wild child, dum dum boys
purple nurple!

Quote by RizzoWashburn
dis meanz yoo can make three p0nx albums!

One that sucks, one that doesn't suck, and one that nobody cares about!
For me search and destroy; I don't listen to them much.
On I side note, for you americans who watch [adult swim], did any of you notice that in the venture bros a guy said "I'm a street-walking chetaah with a heart full of napalm?"
Quote by LPDave
and my mom then told me to masturbate more.

Quote by Toastbot

Big burly men grunting without shirts on pretty much summed up my childhood.

Quote by The Leader
Has anyone really been far even as decided to use even go want to do more look like?
^There's a whole episode with Iggy and David Bowie in it. That show is pretty great.
the other day the monarch's henchmen were talking about the damned...
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
ah yeah, Iggy Pop. Odds are I first heard him on that "Candy" song he did back in the 90s, and I saw his preformance on the Old Grey Whistle Test DVD I've got. Plus that "Punkrocker" song he did with that Teddybears band.....

Just borrowed his American Caesar album from a friend yesterday, though, and the guy's genuinely mindblowing. He's very personal with his music, not something I was really expecting. Again, awesome stuff.

Hoping to at least get Raw Power soon, or maybe some sort of "Best Of" album......
Last edited by Wulver at Nov 6, 2007,
Page 1 of 2