Page 1 of 2
Space frog
Call me Vince
616 IQ
All right, I've been searching for an ATR thread on the hardcore pages and I didn't see any, so here's mine.

I'll begin by asking you: do you agree with me about Philip Labonte being best screaming singer I ever heard?

Silence&Solace
167 IQ
He is a very good singer and screamer, but stick him on his own with just screaming hes not the best he good coz he can do both of them well.
Equips:

Ibanez RG2550E
Jackson DKMG
ESP LTD EC 200 QM
Peavey ValveKing Head & Slant Cabinet
Peavey 5150
Ashdown Fallen Angel 4x12 Cab
Ibanez Tubescreamer TS9
iplayfenders66
VERY NICE!!
375 IQ
I think he's a terrific singer on melodic parts, and his screaming has a huge range, he can get really deep or really high pitched screams. I think they're more of a metal band than hardcore though...I mean they have some brilliant guitar solos and everything..
Quote by sashki
A lot of pros do that: if they play a wrong note, they'll hit it again to make it look as if it's intentional. It's called "jazz", aparently.

Member #12 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club
gigi666
Banned
274 IQ
very good band but I recently lost much of my interest in metalcore in general
psychotim
975 IQ
Just started to listen to them. I like them, pretty good stuff.
nayleD1337
Banned
340 IQ
Last edited by nayleD1337 at Oct 12, 2007,
thera_x
Banned
396 IQ
theyre okay, i was really into them a few years ago

the tuffguy vocals are annoying
nayleD1337
Banned
340 IQ
Quote by Space frog
I'm going to check out that band

alright. he owns ass.
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
I have paid 55 dollars to see them play 10 songs (Damn dragonforce).... I love these F*ckers, one of the best live bands I have ever seen. Phil runs the stage, jumps into the crowd, goes nuts. BUT what I love about Labonte the most

Such a grateful guy, everytime I see them live he shakes hands after hands, he just kept thanking the crowd for everything. Such a bad ass!
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
likeomgtehtuck!
Banned
990 IQ
Quote by thera_x
theyre okay, i was really into them a few years ago

the tuffguy vocals are annoying

Why do all you talk about is how bad *tuffguy* stuff is.

But anyway,

ATR is really sick but i think that there are much better vocalists.
aggiefan33
196 IQ
Quote by frd_marshll
i love to play their song on guitar hero

I have hand cramps after playing it every time. i beat it though!
saxaxe
UG Resident
3,106 IQ
I was at their DVD shoot at the Recher. They put on a hell of a show. Can't wait for the dvd to come out, just to see myself haha.
I'm seein em again November 11th with Through the Eyes of the Dead.

I'm not too into their music. There's nothing particularly exciting or unique about it, but they're a good band and fun to see live.
Jester.Race
Banned
50 IQ
All That Remains is a metal band in my opinion. Unearth is as well. Phil Labonte is probably my favorite metal singer and screamer rolled in to one, he should do some side projects.

I still can't see why as craptastic as Trivium is, they are labelled as metalcore/hardcore.
nayleD1337
Banned
340 IQ
All that remains is metalcore. Its metal, with hardcore influence, same with unearth. Trivium was generic metalcore, now they're trying to be metal, but since they were metalcore in the past, they get put in this forum.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
His screaming is quite bearible compared to many other artists. As for his singing, he's amazing.

They are metalcore though, but one hell of a metalcore band and that really doesnt take away from the awesome music they make.

Are they making any albums or doing anything?
GodofCheesecake
Master of the Machines
1,404 IQ
Phil is my favorite vocalist. I saw ATR with Protest the Hero and the Acacia Strain a week ago. Best show I've ever been to, hands down.

And am I the only one that thinks Six isn't that great of a song? I mean, it's good, they don't really have and bad songs, but they have better than Six...

EDIT: ^Yeah, when the hell are they going to start working on a new album?
My band, Escher
My progressive rock project, Mosaic

Quote by Lappo
clearly, the goal is to convert every thread into a discussion about BTBAM

BTBAM IS ALWAYS RELEVANT
mr. riff
Registered Abuser
65 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake
Phil is my favorite vocalist. I saw ATR with Protest the Hero and the Acacia Strain a week ago. Best show I've ever been to, hands down.

And am I the only one that thinks Six isn't that great of a song? I mean, it's good, they don't really have and bad songs, but they have better than Six...

Yeah Six in my opinion is the worst song off of The Fall of Ideals. A lot of kids at my school go around claiming to be fans of ATR when they've only heard Six from GH2. It kind of gets on my nerves. They put on a mean live show, though. I saw them with Killswitch last November and they ruled. Not Alone and The Weak Willed are my favorites from TFoI. Can't wait for new material!
nayleD1337
Banned
340 IQ
Quote by GodofCheesecake

i think six is alright song. They're are much better songs by them from TFOI, like the air that i breathe, not alone, we stand.
Space frog
Call me Vince
616 IQ
Yeah, Six's ok, but there is way better. Empty inside, This Calling, Become the Catalyst, Indictment....

But, yeah, I hope they work on something new soon... or that they are already working on something...
flaphappy91
Banned
40 IQ
Six is alright, but im in love with the Air That I Breathe and This Calling.

I like Air b/c it has an awesome guitar part and th vox are awesome.
This calling has the inhumanly fast double bass.

Still, i love ATR.
guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
Forgive me for asking this, but are you restricted by law from riding some rollercoasters at Six Flags?

Generic:

Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
Jester.Race
Banned
50 IQ
As funny as the generic post was, you are horribly mistaken.
All That Remains is a breath of fresh air for the entire mainstream part of the genre. Phil's voice alone is something new, not to mention they are all in all a great band.
I'm sure there are some underground/local/unsigned, i.e. ****, bands that are heavier, faster, etc, but ATR is a great band altogether.
GoodCharloteSux
3,778 IQ
Quote by Nelsean
His screaming is quite bearible compared to many other artists. As for his singing, he's amazing.

They are metalcore though, but one hell of a metalcore band and that really doesnt take away from the awesome music they make.

Are they making any albums or doing anything?

exactly, the genre shouldn't matter if they make great music.

I think they are still touring, which they have been doing forever.
Originally posted by J_Dizzle
THAAAANK YOU GoodCharloteSux is god
likeomgtehtuck!
Banned
990 IQ
Quote by guitarwannabe16
Forgive me for asking this, but are you restricted by law from riding some rollercoasters at Six Flags?

Generic:

guitarwannabe16
2,376 IQ
Quote by Jester.Race
As funny as the generic post was, you are horribly mistaken.
All That Remains is a breath of fresh air for the entire mainstream part of the genre. Phil's voice alone is something new, not to mention they are all in all a great band.
I'm sure there are some underground/local/unsigned, i.e. ****, bands that are heavier, faster, etc, but ATR is a great band altogether.

Im sorry to say I dont completely agree with you. They're better than some of their competition, but in mainsteam metal, thats really not much of an accomplishment.
Quote by werty22
They're not talking about hardcore punk, they're talking about "hardcore." It has little in common with its roots in the '80s.

Quote by recklessnick
when i ask questions. people reply with a stupid green smiley face sign

Heres lookin to you
synestershadows
UG's Misery Signals Fan
2,568 IQ
im seeing atr on nov 30 with as i lay dying, haste the day, and through the eyes of the dead. ITS GONNA ROCK!!!!!!!!!!!
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
nayleD1337
Banned
340 IQ
Quote by guitarwannabe16

Generic:

eh funny. Although i really dont agree... All that remains is better then the majority of the genre they are in. If im mistaken, please drop some bands.