Hey

So now I'm buying an electric guitar, anyone got a tip for which model och brand?
I live in Sweden, so you don't have to link sites were you ccan buy guitar cheep. But recommend models would be nice. I don't know if a squier is a good guitar som use, some says it actually suck ass if you don't have a very good amp. Which i won't have the money for, some say Epiphone. Anyway i have 280 U.S. dollars to play with, i need a amplifier and a guitar. That's it. Please post what you think.

Ohhh, mabye i should write what i would like to play with the guitar:

1. Punk/Rock
2. Metal

Like Green day, My chemical romance and The Ramones mabye.
go to rondomusic.com they have some awesome guitars and stuff there, not brand name, but still good

double necks, V shapes, Les paul knockoffs

its a good site
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
^^ way to do what he said not to do.
anyway check out ibanez personally I haven't really used Epiphones much so I couldn't tell you about them and I won't tell you what people say because I don't believe in that. Ibanez are very good guitars and you can get a good starter guitar from them. Unfortunately I don't think you'll get both the guitar and the amp for 280 if you go Ibanez. Squier is ok but squier strats just won't do for metal and if you're anything like how I was when I started out playing (same kinds of music back then), you'll hate it. Check out the Epiphone since les pauls seem to have a good range of what they can do but again, I haven't really used them so I can't endorse them.
Last edited by Necronomicon at Oct 12, 2007,
$280? For the guitar and amp? That's really not going to get you very far.

I'd recommend you save up more money first. You could eventually get something like the 15watt Vox Valvetronix (I've forgotten the specific model number) for around $180, then you'll want some kind of humbucker-equipped guitar for the sorts of things you want to play.

For the record, Green Day's Billie Joe uses a Gibson Les Paul Junior most of the time now - Epiphone do a (very) cheap version of this, which costs I believe around $90. It's as cheap a guitar as you can get, and normally I'd recommend never touching one, but if you can try out a few and pick out the very best one you can find, they can be 'not entirely awful' considering how little they cost. And they will get you pretty close to that kind of Green Day tone: I played one once which, even without changing it's pickup, could get a pretty good tone for newer Green Day (i.e. American Idiot). So, if that is the kind of thing you'll be mostly playing (which from the sound of it, it will be), that could be one option for you.

That said, they only have one pickup and they are, as I said, very cheap. Really only go for one if you really can't afford anything else, and so long as you can find a really good one.

For more versatility, and for simply better quality, there's also the Epiphone SG Special. These cost around $130 I think, have two generic humbuckers, and apparently are alright for the money. Never tried one myself though so I can't really vouch for their quality.

After that, I am aware that Douglas and Agile make some cheap yet good Les Paul copies. Again though, never tried one myself so I can't say exactly how good they are.

I think overall, you're better off saving up more money. Get at least another $100, preferably $200, then you could get something worthwhile.
erm erm erm maybe possilby the ibanez rg321 and a second hand amp like a roland/vox
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Thanks so far from all the comment, and i did't mention that i live in sweden so rondomusic.com wont work so well.

@Necronomicon
I found a pretty nice and pricy package here 2.495,00 Swe Kr is 385 dollar. Mabye if i talk this through with my very nice mother i mabye can borrow 100 dollar or so. Anyway so what do you think about this package ?
http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m=4&i=234&s=0&articleId=486726
yeah looks pretty good, you should look for the bc metal master package maybe
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
Don't know what your prices are but check into a Yamaha Pacifica (strat style.) Very nice and cheap, a rare combination. For the amp if you can get Peavey they make a very small, cheap and good sounding combo called a Backstage, in USD usually around $80, and its louder than you might assume. Stay on the forum for other options, but I believe this would fill your requirements nicely.
Quote by ChazBcWarlock
yeah looks pretty good, you should look for the bc metal master package maybe

looks like a good package for a beginner. the guitar isn't the best of course, but it'll do for starting out with things like punk and metal. another thing you could do (if you see it) is try and buy the guitar and amp in that package seperately and see if it comes to less since the package includes some stuff you wouldnt need anyway.
yeah billiejoe uses a lp junior but you cant really do much with them. ray toro and frank iero (mcr) use lp`s. id say go for an epi lp. i have the lp custom ($600)but the standards r good. just dont get those les paul specils or 100`s
dont get a squier they suck, if you want a fairly cheap guitar thats worth way more than its priced, go with the ibanez AX120
Is this good ?

Cort G210 Guitar 232 $ Peavey Backstage
Amp 76 $

Should i be able to play pretty good with this stuff, Metal/Rock/Punk ?
(I'm a beginner)
^^ That would be better than playing with a squire
If your a beginner then your not going to be gigging anytime soon and wont need much volume.
I know roland make a small cube (cube micro or something, 15w i think), not sure on price but i dont think it would be very expensive maybe like $90USD.
as for a guitars id reccomend a low end ibanez or something. If i was you id stay away from a tremolo as on the lower models they suck.
Quote by Blomman
Thanks so far from all the comment, and i did't mention that i live in sweden so rondomusic.com wont work so well.

@Necronomicon
I found a pretty nice and pricy package here 2.495,00 Swe Kr is 385 dollar. Mabye if i talk this through with my very nice mother i mabye can borrow 100 dollar or so. Anyway so what do you think about this package ?
http://www.4sound.se/ProductDetails.aspx?m=4&i=234&s=0&articleId=486726[/url

A friend of mine started out with that same package, and he was happy with it. Sure, its not the best, but its great for beginners.
i would get an Ibanez GRX20. pretty good quality, runs at 150 USD
myspace.com/crystalignition