I currently have my guitar in Drop D. Like regular powerchords, I use three fingers to fret a powerchord, even on the 3 lowest strings. Is it neccessary to learn doing powerchords on the lowest strings with one finger? I guess this would improve speed... Or would you even consider it a big no-no?
uhm in D its just common sense isnt it?
i cant imagine doing it a different way, in fact thats why i drop tune to D, so i can do 1 fingered power chords
yea its kinda like playing a regular A chord w/ ur finger barred over the three strings. when it comes to a real rock sound, it just gives it more controlled sustain of the chord and overall its just easier to work with. and yes of course it will make higher speed riffs easier. hope that helped cuz i do it all the time
My MAIN Gear
*Dunlop CFH
*fellow LEO feel free to give a shout out
Quote by MyraT
I currently have my guitar in Drop D. Like regular powerchords, I use three fingers to fret a powerchord, even on the 3 lowest strings. Is it neccessary to learn doing powerchords on the lowest strings with one finger? I guess this would improve speed... Or would you even consider it a big no-no?

Not necessary at all - in all honesty it's kind of a retard technique. To be honest there's nothing to "learn" anyway, all you're doing is playing a barre chord with just your index finger.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yea, to me it's kind of cheating. I am using drop d for some songs I love, but I don't particularly like the tuning itself since it borks up the fretboard layout. It goes against learning all the notes on the fretboard.

I do like low notes, so I'd rather go for a 7-string... but I'm not skillfull enough for that yet.
Quote by slash_rocks2005
yea its kinda like playing a regular A chord w/ ur finger barred over the three strings. when it comes to a real rock sound, it just gives it more controlled sustain of the chord and overall its just easier to work with. and yes of course it will make higher speed riffs easier. hope that helped cuz i do it all the time

yeah except that when I bar the a chord, the high e string doesnt sound. I think that happens to many people, so I think its better to use three fingers in that case...
Quote by RetroGunslinger
this is like comparing a flushing toilet to a hole in the ground