Ok, so, I was random wanking with open chords, played this good, happy-sounding passage. It goes:

Intro

F - A min (In the key of C major/Am = IV - vi)

Bridge

C - F - Am - G - Dsus4(Gsus2)

Ok, so, till G, the progression, in C/Am goes I - IV - vi - V -

but, how do I fit in the Dsus4/Gsus2?

EDIT: I was thinking, since a Dm comes in the key of C/Am (the IIm/ii chord), I could alter that? Minor chords have the intervals 1 - b3 - 5, correct? A sus4 chord has 1 -4 -5. So, my sharpening the b3, we get a natural 3, right? If we sharpen it again (##), it becomes a 4, or not? So, if what I say is correct, which I highly doubt, then the chord would fit into the key by double sharpening the minor chord's b3.
You simply MUST check out my music on
Reverbnation Downloads available here
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
Last edited by sTx at Oct 12, 2007,
^^ How do I show it in roman numerals?
Myspace Streaming Only

Especially for fans of Tool, APC, Avant-Garde, Ambient music, rock instrumentals, and fans of music in general. Will not disappoint.
^^LOL. Thanks for helping. Now, anyone who can tell me the roman numericals?
Myspace Streaming Only

OK! I'd rather wait till someone like Johnljones replies - no offence.
Myspace Streaming Only

OK, so, according to you, my progression is I - IV - vi - V - iisus4?

My IIm/ii chord is Dm, eh? So, iisus4 would mean, Dminsus4? I don't think so...Then again, I could be equally wrong.
Myspace Streaming Only

Quote by frankv
Actually, I've seen stuff like IV6 on occasion, so maybe I'm actually right.

The 6 refers to the inversion in this case.

When I've seen sus stuff in classical, it has generally resolved, so you could write V4-3, indicating that the 4 resolves to the three. I haven't just seen a V4.

Now, what you might be able to do is to interpret your Dsus4 as Gsus2 (like you said) and write G to Gsus2 as V 3-2.

Is this for a class? Because otherwise, there's no reason to force a classical explanation for something that isn't classical in the first place. You seem to understand what's going on.
(Slightly outdated) Electronic and classical compositions by m'self: Check 'em out
your Dsus4 fits the key of C because D is the second and EVERYBODY knows the ii of a major scale is dorian so R 2 b3 4 5 6 b7 which means Dsus4 is in key, because the dorian scale has a natural 4th.

ok, onto the numerals. numerals are used to denote which degree of the scale the chord is centering on. they dont USUALLY have the chord type denoted, although you do often see V7 written... which would allow you to write iisus4.

i appreciate that you want somebody like johnjones to verify, because he is a superhuman welsh theory buff. he actually eats Mode shaped spaghetti hoops for dinner and guitar shaped cereal for breakfast.
because he is a superhuman welsh theory buff. he actually eats Mode shaped spaghetti hoops for dinner and guitar shaped cereal for breakfast.

LOL.

write G to Gsus2 as V 3-2.

And how do I read that as?

Is this for a class? Because otherwise, there's no reason to force a classical explanation for something that isn't classical in the first place. You seem to understand what's going on.

LOL, I don't know the first thing about classical music. See, I may use this piece as my showcase for my music GCSE; they need one piece (atleast) completely described, so, yeah...
Myspace Streaming Only

How have I modulated into a new key? oO
Myspace Streaming Only

^^ Yeah...is all good.
Myspace Streaming Only