I was thinking of putting a Seymour Duncan '59 SH-1 in the Bridge and a SD JB in the neck. WOuld this be a pretty versatile and decent sounding combo??
what style of music do you play?
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
oh and i dont know how much replies youll get, its school time, and im on UG from my history class, im on my laptop and if found a connection
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
That'd be stupid - the JB is way hotter then the 59 so you'd have an insanely loud neck pickup and a quiet bridge one. Putting them the other way round would be a start, but I'd take the Custom 5 over the JB in the bridge.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
oh and i dont know how much replies youll get, its school time, and im on UG from my history class, im on my laptop and if found a connection

good call im in school as we speak. ive got senior release
oh and the dimebucker and the bill laurence 500xl proved to be good very good pickups

i use powerhouse pickups in my ibanez, and a dimebucker in my dean, best sounding pickups ever

if ur more into metal, EMG's might be the way (or seymour duncan Livewires)
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

PROFANER
Quote by steven seagull
That'd be stupid - the JB is way hotter then the 59 so you'd have an insanely loud neck pickup and a quiet bridge one. Putting them the other way round would be a start, but I'd take the Custom 5 over the JB in the bridge.

true. what could i replace with the '59? another JB or what would you recommend.

it's called different time zones, there are members from other countries here, and for someone in college it sure as hell isn't hard to post during a school day

EDIT: Ekim apparently you are just as stupid
Member #3 of the Breaking Benjamin Fanclub PM Electric7 to join.
Quote by Ekim423
true. what could i replace with the '59? another JB or what would you recommend.

NO!

No JB at all, and certainly not in the neck

Custom 5 bridge, 59 neck.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

Quote by steven seagull

+1

i haven't tried the custom V, but the JB is way too hot for the music you play... dual '59's even might be worth considering. Of course, it depends on your budget, amp, guitar, and where you are in the world.

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92
oh and the dimebucker and the bill laurence 500xl proved to be good very good pickups

i use powerhouse pickups in my ibanez, and a dimebucker in my dean, best sounding pickups ever

dude, he already said he plays blues, classic rock and jazz.

Also, I realised his gear is in his sig... I don't like how he doesn't list his amp...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
*reported*
don't double post

...just kidding, your browser crashes when you try to edit posts too?

The Custom 5 is great fun, it's actually quite bright but not squeally. It just means that it adds a nice bit of top-end bite to a warm guitar like a Les Paul or similar, but it with it being essentially a ramped-up Alnico V paf type you get nice vintage tones when you roll the volume off a bit.

Oh, and surely an Epiphone 15w reverb is an amp of some description...I figured it was a Valve special or similar.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc

It may be more fortuitous to get a new amp first .

I'd definitely stay way from the JB.

What country do you live in?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
Quote by steven seagull
(a) *reported*
don't double post

...just kidding, your browser crashes when you try to edit posts too?

(b) The Custom 5 is great fun, it's actually quite bright but not squeally. It just means that it adds a nice bit of top-end bite to a warm guitar like a Les Paul or similar, but it with it being essentially a ramped-up Alnico V paf type you get nice vintage tones when you roll the volume off a bit.

(c) Oh, and surely an Epiphone 15w reverb is an amp of some description...I figured it was a Valve special or similar.

(a) yeah, it crashes if i edit a post with a quote in it. At least it doesn't always, but it does it enough where i'm not going to risk it.

(b) sounds good, then.

(c) I missed that... i saw the reverb and thought it was an effect...
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Ultimate_Gio92

Dimebucker<Bill Lawrence
But he doesn't play metal.