Well I've already made some threads about which guitar I should get blah blah blah and I have decided on an RG2EX1... But what kind of music is this guitar best suited for? I want to play stuff like Plain White T's, sum 41, National Product... But I also want to play Joe Satriani style. I understand that Ibanez is mainly good for metal, so is this the wrong axe for me? Ibanez has the exact style I like, but I don't know if it's good for the type of music I want to play...
Ibanez AEL20E Acoustic-Electric

Epi LP Custom w/ Active EMG's

Vox Valvetronix AD50VT (this thing is a BEAST! )
Quote by ChinMusic
I understand that Ibanez is mainly good for metal
You misunderstand. Any guitar is good for anything with the right gear. Truth be told, there are better things for metal than a basswood Ibanez.

As to your question, there's nothing wrong with the guitar for your needs. It will fit any of the styles you mentioned very well, if your amp delivers.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
Quote by pifty
You misunderstand. Any guitar is good for anything with the right gear. Truth be told, there are better things for metal than a basswood Ibanez.

As to your question, there's nothing wrong with the guitar for your needs. It will fit any of the styles you mentioned very well, if your amp delivers.

Awesome, do you have any recommendations on a good yet inexpensive amp? I currently have an old Fender Frontman amp (like 6 years old at least haha) which I don't think will deliver too well...

Quote by FRDesign
What price range

Well, it'll be some time before I get the amp, so in the meantime ill just be playin through Guitar Rig on my comp (through 2.0 speakers ) or the frontman amp. I'm kind of on a budget, so I don't know, like maybe 200-300?

^ maybe. I wouldn't buy a valve junior, since it has the overall versatility of a rubber duckie. Instead, I'd get a PodXT and have way more fun with it.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
hey dude if your interested i got a rg3 ex1 in charcoal quit for sale for 250
btw the rg3 & 2 ex1 are both made of ash
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
^ even though they look like basswood, weigh like basswood, and sound like basswood?
read the specs lol
My Gear :
LTD Fx400
Ibanez S470dxqm w/Tone Zone
Buz Mcgrath's S7320 w/ emg 707s
Boss Gt-8
EHX Metal Muff with top boost for sale!
Crate V32 palomino for sale !
Quote by isan
read the specs lol

Believing everything you read on the internet is profoundly unwise to the same extent as smoking crack cocaine before going to a job interview. But really, both of them are basswood, and the "specs" are wrong. The transparent finish on the back of the 3s (or at least the 3s I've seen) makes it pretty obvious that it's basswood.
Quote by FRDesign
Most Ibanez's are Basswood. All RG's are Basswood, except for the 321MH and 42DX.
...and the RGT220 (which actually is ash), and the RGT320. Not to mention that only most RGs are basswood, while most Ibanez's are actually... mahogany. Case in point being S, SA, SZ, RGA, Artists, and the whole offbeat X series.
Quote by pifty
...and the RGT220 (which actually is ash), and the RGT320. Not to mention that only most RGs are basswood, while most Ibanez's are actually... mahogany. Case in point being S, SA, SZ, RGA, Artists, and the whole offbeat X series.
I knew I forgot a few.