Ok.
Well, it's like this.
My daily workout consists of swimming 2km everyday.
My daily diet usually goes like this.

1.Lettuce and Salmon Sandwich for Breakfast
2.3 servings of fruit
3.Around 2-4 servings of assorted vegetables
4.1-2 servings of meat
5.2-4 servings of either rice,bread,etc
6.Assorted snacks that aren't unhealthy
7.Sometimes I might indulge in potato chips or chocolate

I don't drink soda at all, only water.

Ok, this.
And I'm not losing ANY weight.
It can't be me building alot of muscle because I don't do weight training.

So what is it?
I'm really ticked off because I put in quite abit of effort, and I'm not seeing any results.
Maybe a thyroid problem?
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us."
maybe it's because you eat 7 times per day...? And chips and choccolate =

And it takes time, you know, for the body to start realizing you're excercising more and eating less. Stick to it and you'll see a change.

If not, go see a real nutrionist!
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
muscle ways more than fat and your definatly getting fitter
equipment
guitars:
lefty fender tele standard ,
lefty tanglewood electro-acoustic
usa gibson flying v (flipped for lefty)
castrol oil can single coil electric
amp
vox ad50vt
pedals
dunlop crybaby wah
mxr blue box

go on ireland!
Quote by crazeehorse
muscle ways more than fat and your definatly getting fitter

What?
Reiterate.
"The darkest souls are not those which choose to exist within the hell of the abyss, but those which choose to break free from the abyss and move silently among us."
Too many carbs I'm afraid... Avoid bread, if you must eat bread only eat wholemeal or wholegrain, white bread is so processed and full of s**t.

What snacks do you eat "that aren't unhealthy"???

If you're serious about weight loss, drop the potato chips and chocolate as well.

SH
by swimming you use a lot of your muscles so you can get a LOT fitter by swimming those distances
i have no sig
Quote by Kensai
maybe it's because you eat 7 times per day...? And chips and choccolate =

And it takes time, you know, for the body to start realizing you're excercising more and eating less. Stick to it and you'll see a change.

If not, go see a real nutritionist!

+1

And don't worry, you'll soon start losing some pounds. Are you overweight right now?
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
Quote by SmellyHarold
Too many carbs I'm afraid... Avoid bread, if you must eat bread only eat wholemeal or wholegrain, white bread is so processed and full of s**t.

+1
Quote by Kartman
+1

And don't worry, you'll soon start losing some pounds. Are you overweight right now?

No, I'm not. I just want to look better, simply put.

As for the chips and chocolate, emphasis on occasionally. As in, maybe once a month.

I've started this 2km routine 5 days ago.
But before that, I did 1.2km daily for ... a few months at least.

Of course from back then to now there has been change, but I'm at a standstill right now.
OK, I'm the ultimate expert.

First of all, I will tell you something that will help FOR SURE, but you must still go on this site and join the forum and start reading: there are massive amounts of things every person should know.

http://forum.bodybuilding.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16

Now:

- The formula is: Calories in > Calories out = weight gain. You see, you can be doing sports all day but if you eat too many calories, even green lettuce will be stored as fat. Yes, if you eat 3000 calories of green lettuce, it will get stored. [but your teeth will die before you will be able to do that...]

- That's the basic thing, HOWEVER:

There's a mechanism in the body called: starvation response - thanks to our evolutionnary process we can survive without food for a good amount of time even we have small amounts of fat... Why?

Because: the body slows down itself [metabolic slow-down] and stores as much as it can AS FAT. So you can eat very little but still gain fat, because your body thinks that you won't be getting any food for a while.

I think you eat enough = you should just try to eat less and better .

The thing is, eating sugary stuff and chocolate isn't all that bad... Lemme explain:

a typical snickers bar is 700 calories... For a couch potato [man not woman] that has a desk job that's about 1/3 of what you should eat per day. Yes, you eat more than 3 snickers and it will probably be stored as fat.

MORE, a typical snickers contains a lot of sugars: these are pretty vicious because - those 'sweetening' sugars are absorbed very fast: meaning, you eat them and in 30 minutes you feel hungry. So what does this mean? You will eat more. ->explanation:

when you eat sugary stuff - there's large amount of sugar in your blood [because it's absorbed fast]. It get's delivered to the muscles pretty quick and your body goes: ok we cleaned up the bloodstream, but there's no sugar left now... Yeah, please give me more, Jack.

Questions on the bodybuilding forum [no ads... just help]
Drop the carbs...hit the gym....up your protein intake
"Time has fallen asleep in the afternoon sunshine"
Quote by thejoker1549
Drop the carbs...hit the gym....up your protein intake

That's good advice, but you have to be more precise...

Why hitting the gym helps
When you do weight training, you put stress on your muscles and your body knows the muscles must grow in order to survive through the stress. So you get more muscle and your body get's faster.

Muscle mass is the only thing that burns calories in your body - the more muscle you have the faster you burn calories - the more you can eat. If you loose muscle, and you maintain the same caloric intake you will gain fat. Because your body is slower now and you don't need as much calories.

Also:
Too much cardio will probably destroy a part of your muscle mass.

Why? Because your body, to fuel your workouts, thinks like this: if duration is really short it will burn almost for all the energy carbohydrates. If the duration is like 10-20 minutes body switches to more fat usage, but if the duration is more than 1 hour and repeated many times over a course of months you will start loosing muscle mass.
Last edited by Giorgi at Oct 12, 2007,
I ride my back to class every day, which consists of probably a total of 3 miles, 2 of which are uphill, and I can eat as unhealthy as I want and still maintain a very good physique, provided I consistently ride my bike. Though I only eat a small breakfast every morning, and only one meal in the evening.
Schecter Loomis
LTD Horizon
Ibanez RGA121
Marshall DSL100
Peavey 5150

Quote by emagdnimasisiht
haha
This is the funniest thing i've ever read on UG.
lespaulrocks39, you sir are awesome.
Continue eating 6 meals during the day but trim the portions and cut the carbs in half. Swimming is good but only if you do it at a high intensity other wise the low intensity cardio will actually sabotage your weight loss by losing muscle mass. Incorporate more strength training. IF you dont have a gym, just do pushups, situps, pullups, wall sits, but do these exercises one after another in a circuit. and repeat the circuit a 4 to 5 times. Also jumping rope is great for losing fat, but again at high intensity (just look at a boxers physique, need I say more). Sprints are good too especially uphill because they build lower body strength and burn a lot of fat. Dont be worried if you dont lose alot of pounds, what is more important is how much fat you are losing. Losing fat is better than just dropping weight, you dont want to weigh less and have loose skin and look flabby right?
Alright, muscle has more mass than fat, therefore a cubis cm. of muscle has more weight than a cubic cm of fat. So, working out that hardcore is not to great if your trying to loose weight.

Also, the whole swimming only does upper body. The majority of your fat is in your midsection, so running, crunches, and L lifts help for the loosing weight part. Even riding your bike.

THEN, eating the same thing every day isn't good either. And you shouldn't eat to many carbs, because carbs are energy that is stored away. It has to do with Biology. Weat is a producer, and has alot of stored glucose, more than meat. So I would recomend maybe some eggs for breakfast, meat sandwich or salad with fruits or vegitables, and for dinner some steak or meat. But remember, carbs in moderation. Don't completely eliminate them from your diet, your else your gunna get sick.

To sum it up, your eating and working out like your doing a marathon, not loosing weight. Change your diet a bit, work out better and more roundfully, working all parts of the body, and get plenty of rest.
Governor of the Jersey Rocks group
PM me to join