Hello I play in a semi gigging band meaning around 2 to 3 gigs a month and im having a real problem with my amp/ pedals squalling when im playing live
I run a Randall RX120DHS 120W Solid State Head With a Digitech metal master Distortion pedal and a BOSS noise Gate. The nose gate keeps the pedal from sqealing when the guitar is turned down but when i turn the volume up on the guitar is squeals really bad when th volume is past about 6 . the level i need to play with drums. This also only happens when I have to play a house show or something. Anything when i am not mic`ed up to a PA system.
I wasnt sure if this was the right thread but I just wondering if anyone has any tips for something like this happening to them live. Im planning on getting a Peavey 5150 Tube Head eventually which with a noise gate will be perfect but thatll be a while from now. But yea does anyone have any suggestion for fixing the sound or have had the same issues?

Thx
All help appreciated
Are you talking about feedback? Try to stand further away from your amp and with your back towards it.
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
I only ever really hear this with microphones, and THAT is annoying - your trying to sing but instead of words you get horribly high pitched wails that aren't from your mouth but the mic, and that is almost impossible to fix...
u guys sure hes not talkin about pinch harmonics that wat i thought he was talkin abvout by squeals
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^