I need to find some good, the best rather, fake fingernails while mine grow out. Where is the best place to get them? Musiciansfriend doesn't have them.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
I'm not sure what would hold up. Your best bet is to just wait for your nails to grow. maybe go to one of those nail places. be warned though that once you get used to playing with your nails, trimming them becomes an ordeal and when you break one it sucks. I got to used to playing this way and as much as I try to practice with a flat pick now I'm not real comfortable with it and my speed is almost cut in half. It's the nature of the beast.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
rojomeanshred

Not only do flamencos use nails(and this varies depending on which school), but so do classical guitarists and some folk guitarists like Davey Graham all use nails.

And T/S, I'd give your nails a chance to grow, just suck it up for 3 or 4 days and let loose when they are nice and long.
A lot of blues players use fingernails too.

Pretty versatile.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
I'm not sure where, but I've seen fake nails online that you can actually fit over your regular nails (they have a small notch where your nail fits), and they're pre-shaped for classical guitar. Dunno if that helps.
Try using finger picks for a while.....experiment....make use of the time to come up with something innovative...
Quote by hendo123456789
invincibleneo - you are one of the only people in this thread that talk sense.
It's for classical style, not flamenco, and I need to start perfecting the rest stroke technique among other things. How long should it take for my nails to grow to the necessary length? I guess this would be an average.
Fender 60th MIA Strat
Epiphone Les Paul Plus

Peavey JSX

Rockman Stereo Echo
Rockman Sustainor 200
2 Rockman 12-Band EQs
Rockman Stereo Chorus
RE-20 Space Echo
fulltone Clyde Standard wah

*No Advertising*
You should be able to stat getting good strikes in 2 to 3 weeks. really depends on how fast your nails grow.
Dean Icon PZ
Line 6 Variax 700
Dean V-Wing
Dean ML 79 SilverBurst
MXR M 108
H2O Chorus/Echo
Valve Junior (V3 Head/Cab and Combo)
VHT Special 6
Phonic 620 Power Pod PA
Wampler Super Plextortion
Line 6 Pod HD
Quote by jackson001
It's for classical style, not flamenco, and I need to start perfecting the rest stroke technique among other things. How long should it take for my nails to grow to the necessary length? I guess this would be an average.

Well, you don't need nails for rest strokes imo. Just play without nails practising your rest strokes and when your nails have grown you will find it much easier.