right, im getting my first 7 next week and was wondering what tuning i should play in. i want to still be able to play all of my bands 6 string songs so the normaly six strigns should be in D A D G B E but i was wondering what i should drop the b string to... on the b i would like to be able to either bar it with the D or do power chords on the B and D sorry if this is a stuipid question but itl save me alot of time when i set it up.

cheers, harry.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
You just tune it normally - you already have the extra notes that dropping a 6-string to D gives you.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yeah, with the low B string, you can easily cover anything that you could have covered before by detuning.
\,,/_[><]_\,,/
Quote by bodomfan666
right, im getting my first 7 next week and was wondering what tuning i should play in. i want to still be able to play all of my bands 6 string songs so the normaly six strigns should be in D A D G B E but i was wondering what i should drop the b string to... on the b i would like to be able to either bar it with the D or do power chords on the B and D sorry if this is a stuipid question but itl save me alot of time when i set it up.

cheers, harry.

ADADGBe is probably one of the more common tunings on a 7-string, and it matches up for power chords.

Congrats on the 7-string.
True, though some songs become very difficult if they are specifically written with the dropped D in mind. If you want to be able to simply bar chords on your 7 string with the low E tuned to D you could drop the B string to A or all the way down to G. Depends on what you are going for really.
Quote by furyinternal
ADADGBe is probably one of the more common tunings on a 7-string, and it matches up for power chords.

Congrats on the 7-string.

yeah this is the one my guitar teacher recommended, i was a bit iffy about them at fist. but then i played his 7321 and i was like.. woah. so yeah ive got a loomis sig coming to my door next friday, cant wait.
gear.

Schecter Loomis sig.
Engl fireball.
the highest.

CANNABIZZLE

Lets blaze, put this in your sig if you want to get high.
Quote by bodomfan666
yeah this is the one my guitar teacher recommended, i was a bit iffy about them at fist. but then i played his 7321 and i was like.. woah. so yeah ive got a loomis sig coming to my door next friday, cant wait.

Loomis Signature? Nice start.