will a noise gate get rid of my amp buzzing when im not hitting a note? when i play loud it hums really loud and i was wondering if a noise gate gets rid of this
no. not really. noise gate is more for when you hit a note, how sensitive he sound is
Epiphone Les paul
bcrich Warlock platinum
Gibson Gss50 amp
Peavey special 212
Digitech RP80 effects pedal

first metal chubby
---------------------------
-----------5---------------
---------7-------------7---
------0--------6---5-------
noise gates get rid of the extra sound from a note, most likely from excess distortion.

What kind of guitar do you have? if its a Strat or anything with single coil, this is normal, and to get rid of it shield the guitar or get noisless pickups.
Quote by HorrorFiend
no. not really. noise gate is more for when you hit a note, how sensitive he sound is

??? Don't know where you got that info. but it's wrong.

Yes a noise gate does do that,It cuts off certain frequencies or certain sounds when under a set level.
Epi Lp Custom-->Ernie Ball VPJR-->Visual Sound Jekyll And Hyde-->Boss TU-2-->Boss Tr-2-->ISP Decimator-->Dan-Electro Reel Echo-->MXR Micro Amp-->Laney VC-30 2x10

The Cubists
I think it potentially can depending on how you set it up. It'll like, basically stop sound going through to the amp when the input signal is below a certain volume. Rocktron Hush is the classic. Good for stop-start riffs
Thanks for reading
Anoise gate stops any noise coming from the guitar. If there is noise coming directly from the amp then you will hear it. not unless you have an effects loop the a hush in the effects loop keeps things quiet.