Hey I just wanted to know about the quality of these guitars. I played one at guitar center and really liked it, plus their top of the line guitars are cheaper than any les paul. So I was wondering if the price reflects cheap electronics and craftsmenship, or that they are just a relatively new company
They're not really that new...

But usually a pickup swap (the ones that have DD's) on the mid-to-high range models they have usually results in a pretty solid guitar.
1992 Gibson Explorer (Seymour Duncan '59 neck, Custom Custom bridge)
Jackson King V Professional Std. (Seymour Duncan Invaders)
Mesa/Boogie Nomad 55
Mesa/Boogie 412 Recto. O/S Cabinet
Boss ME-50
MXR 10-Band EQ
shecters are awesome , for they are pretty cheap but dont be fooled by the price

they're made out of really good wood, really fast necks , you can hit the high notes real easy, made really well, and sound awesome

im saving up for a shecter C-1 FR, can't wait to get it
Sounds great. Also how do I change my sig? I got reported for it a while ago and don't remember how to take it off. Please don't report me lol
Gibson tends to jack up the price just because 'gibson' is on the headstock.
Schecter doesn't do that.

They're top notch guitars, with decent electronics (excluding the higher-priced ones, they tend to have better electronics.) and great craftsmanship. The company has been around for a while, btw, they aren't a new company.

Alot of the set-neck models with string-thru bodies tend to play just like a neck-thru guitar. Great resonance, sustain, etc.

The top models are definitely great for the price, considering you can pay just as much on another company's guitar and get a piece of ----.

Play on a few other guitars at your local store if you don't think it's the one for you, and then try it again.
2003 Schecter C-1+ w/ Seymour Duncan AHB-1 Blackouts
2006 Epiphone 66' Re-Issue SG
1980's USA Fender Stratocaster w/ 50's Gibson Humbucker
Fender Deluxe 112 Plus Amplifier
Vox Valvetronix AD15VT Amplifier
Peavey Basic 50 Amplifier
Pod XT Pro
Quote by patriotplayer90
Hey I just wanted to know about the quality of these guitars. I played one at guitar center and really liked it, plus their top of the line guitars are cheaper than any les paul. So I was wondering if the price reflects cheap electronics and craftsmenship, or that they are just a relatively new company

meh, the craftsmanship does suck but you get a lot of features. for me: craftsmanship > features
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Quote by nexteyenate
meh, the craftsmanship does suck but you get a lot of features. for me: craftsmanship > features

this man speaks the truth.
i love my schecter,DD pickups blow the big one but thats my only complaint
www.gameandsave.com

Good Deals:

-UG-Sumphead,Miggy01,Bostonrocks

-HC-sdresdre,XMahkaihX,Juan_M,mmcquain,teletaylor,frankiej
The craftmanship on Schecters, on average from what I've seen (and I've looked and played with plenty), is pretty damn good and comparable, if not better than guitars twice the price.

The only reason you're not paying a whole lot more, is because you're not paying for the "name."

Schecter is definitely not new to the game either. In the 1970's, they started out making replacement parts for various other guitar manufacturers, like Fender and Gibson.

I like them because out of plenty of makes that I've tried, they have the most comfortable feel and playability for me, good quality construction, features, and a price that's a lot easier on my bank account.
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Once in a blue moon, God reaches down from his lofty perch, points at an infant boy and proclaims, "This one shall have balls carved out of fucking granite."