I am highly in need of a pedal to switch from clean to lead on my cube 60.
However as far as I read the Boss FS-5U only works when pressing down the button, is that true?
Because I want to be able to just press it with a tap and then walk around and rock on.

And do all pedals work with the cube or is it just the FS-5U.

What pedal is the best bang for the buck?
Last edited by Ruzzido at Oct 12, 2007,
You need a momentary (non-latching) footswitch for the cube series, with the ability to set the polarity to push-to-break. Most footswitches for amps tend to be latching, so most will not function properly with the cube. Here's the one i use, and it works great http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FOOTSWITCH-MOMENTARY-PRO-QUALITY-STEEL-ENCLOSURE_W0QQitemZ160051897857QQihZ006QQcategoryZ22669QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItem
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22
You're right, just about the only thing better than a Spider 3 is an MG : )

Normally you'd need a latching footswitch for a normal amp i.e you are on clean, then you press the switch and it changes to distortion. Then because it's latching, the distortion channel will stay on when you remove your foot, rather than changing back to clean...... However the cube series doesn't work like this and you need a momentary (non-latching switch) Your best bet is to try and get the Boss FS-5U, i'm pretty sure that will function properly with the amp.
Quote by Lukeisonfire
tool and opeth definitly dont play tube amps . You cant get those distorted sounds out of it. tube is for like beatles stuff right?

Quote by evilbeaver22

There is noone that can confirm that this will work properly with the amp? Would be great if I could just order it right away.
for channel changing you want an FS-5L

stomp away and it's on.

if you want it to do channel and effects then you need an FS-6

FS-6
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
PURPLE PRS Custom 24
PURPLE PRS Custom 22
MXR Carbon Copy
Mesa/Boogie DC-5 and two matching half-back 2x12s

I'd like to meet satan, I bet he's a nice guy.
Quote by Ruzzido
But arent they latched and therefore dont work with the cube?

they should work fine.

i've used them with my 30, all latched means is that it is latched on when you stomp it then you stomp it again to turn it off.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
PURPLE PRS Custom 24
PURPLE PRS Custom 22
MXR Carbon Copy

yeah, its just that the first guy who answered said that the cube's dont work with the latching pedals and that you need a momentary.. Huh I am confused now..
i'll have another check round but i'm sure the one i used was latching.

i stomped it on, then stomped it off again.

surely that's latching...

maybe it's an american thing... (i'm from england)
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
PURPLE PRS Custom 24
PURPLE PRS Custom 22
MXR Carbon Copy

If you use a latching footswitch with the cube amps you'll have to press it twice to do the same function of pressing a momnetray switch once. I'll save you the explanation why, but iknow because i made one for my cube 60.

Edit: I'm from Wales, so i don't think the terminology is too different to England
Quote by Lukeisonfire

Quote by evilbeaver22