Page 1 of 2
hey dudes, get ready for a wierd thread.

i want a really defined 6-pack, and i do around 200 crunches a day. i'm 13, and i'm getting it slowly, but is there any reall quick way to get a really defined pack?

thanks
1. If you have fat on your stomach it won't matter how many crunches you do.

2. You're gonna need to learn more workouts. Crunches really focus on the upper abs ; what about the lower abs and obliques?

Edit: Here's a link to a site that shows some good exercises
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
ball hockey= already do

cardio, might try that, i do alot of rugby , if that helps
Quote by bungeeboy

i want a really defined 6-pack, and i do around 200 crunches a day. i'm 13, and i'm getting it slowly, but is there any reall quick way to get a really defined pack?

thanks

200 crunches a day doesn't increase your ab muscle size, sorry dood.

To get a six pack you need a low body fat % and moderately strong abs, for a real one at least.

If your 130 pounds and have a slight 6 pack, that doesn't count.
No, there is not a fast way to do anything that is worth getting.

You need to lose all fat on your stomach; you could run and eat healthier (eat more protein, less carbs/fat)

Or you could do crack...
And we will weave in and out of sanity unnoticed
Swirling in blissfully restless visions of all our bleary progress
Glowing in radiant madness
Quote by bungeeboy
ball hockey= already do

cardio, might try that, i do alot of rugby , if that helps

Eat well. The best cardio is running and jump roping.
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
Quote by bungeeboy
thanks for the link

No problem. Someone posted it in another thread like this one and i actually learned some exercises on there so i could get my 6-pack.
“Science cannot solve the ultimate mystery of nature. And that is because, in the last analysis, we ourselves are part of nature and therefore part of the mystery that we are trying to solve.”

-Max Planck

☮∞☯♥
join like a cross country team at your school. thats what i did and it works for me
myspace.com/thecarlandbenextravaganza1

my band ^
Short answer: no.

Doing lots of exercise will get you there eventually. Nothing works faster than that.
Death to Ovation haters!
so........... if do heavy cardio, alot, it'll get my ab-fat off? i've only got about 1 cm, but it's sheilding my abs lol
Quote by bungeeboy
so........... if do heavy cardio, alot, it'll get my ab-fat off? i've only got about 1 cm, but it's sheilding my abs lol

You can't burn fat off a target area, you have to burn 1 cm off your entire body.
Diet, high protien, low fat, low carbs, high fiber, whole grains, etc. 4-5 small meals a day.
Do 2 different types of ab workouts, 3 sets of 15-25 reps, no need to do any more. Slow and controlled, squeeze your muscles when you work. Preferably do your abs after your wieght training or cardio session.
Do cardio 3 times a week, running for a half hour, biking, soccer, whatever.

Let yourself develop past the age of 13 before you do this ****? 13 is so young to care about a six pack. You can get a head start on it, but thats creepy. Wait until your 15-16 before you go hardcore about your lifting.
One whole centimeter of depth? Standing? That could take a while if you're not watching what you eat.
When I was about your age I did the same thing and I did get abs, I didn't do much sport so it was really a matter of avoinding sugar, which was easy cause I don't like sweet stuff much. Of course I did eventually consolidate everything with a sport in the end; fencing, which requires an awsome amount of cardio work.
Quote by Fishyesque
Do more than crunches. Do lots of jump roping for cardio. You need lots of cardio workouts to get rid of any fat over your abs.

EDIT: There are plenty of threads on this. Go read things here. http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/index.html

/thread

+1 abs are like any other muscle

do weighted crunches, leg raises, bicycle crunches

just search the link fishy posted
When I was 13 I had a '6 pack'. I remember taking swimming for PE, it was before they split the classes into boys and girls seperate, and I would be chased by the girls because of it..
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.
Crunches are vastly ineffective. Do bicycle maneuvers and or Captain's Chair.
Quote by Kensai
But they have to be sarcastic or something... or just messing around.

Surely people this dumb must've failed to breathe a long time ago.
i'd say steroids since your 13 haha
my gear:
Jackson DKMG(the one with EMG 81/85's)
b-52 AT 212 100 watt amp
old gear i'll probably sell eventually:
yamaha beginners guitar
gunmetal grey Fender squire strat
Fender 65R amp
Quote by bungeeboy

thanks

Yes, a very fast way, and very effective.

First, get a marker ( I found out that brown crayons work the best for me) and draw them on.
Once you go FLAC, you never go back.
When you get to 16 or 17 ull find it appears. Thats when your muscles start developing propely. Happend to me and I bearly ever work out. Ok ive got no fat at all on the stomach i'm skinny but my pack sicks out lol.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<
Last edited by stratele at Oct 12, 2007,
Dude, you're THIRTEEN

go get into something useful, make some real friends and go out and have fun

don't do 200 crunches a day to impress your twelve year old girl friends, it's illegal anyway
You have to have like under 13% percent body fat, and when you are that age that can be unhealthy
Not Enough AssHatery
Run. It helps EVERYTHING. Just run.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Fact: You may never have a 6 pack. Some people simply don't have the genetics to have really defined muscles.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Dirk Gently
Fact: You may never have a 6 pack. Some people simply don't have the genetics to have really defined muscles.

You know, I always hear this, and I refuse to believe it. I just don't get it, why would somebody be able to get six-pack or whatever, and another person be unable to? I can understand them looking differently because everyone is different and it is harder for some than others, but I think anybody can achieve it if they want it bad enough; it just takes some work, effort, and motivation.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
heres what ive heard. eat 6 small meals in a day if you can instead of 3 big ones. the reason you get fat on your stomach is because a long time ago people had to store up fat because they sometimes went long periods of time without food. if you show your body that that's not going to happen by eating a lot more frequently, the fat will go away (if you exercise too) for the most part.

thats really the key to it, the exercise is the obvious part
Lunatics on pogo sticks
Another southern fried freak on a crucifix
Hicks don't mix with politics
People on the street just kickin' to the licks
Quote by Dirk Gently

I think thats an excuse fat people use.

Of course genetics matter, eckos and endos, but it can be over come.

A person who is willing to go all the way can drastically change their body. Not everyone can be Mr. Universe, but everyone can be fit and look good.
How would doing crunches get you beer?

Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
How would doing crunches get you beer?

No task is worth doing if it does not get you beer.

Stop doing crunches, start walking to the liquor store.
Just exercise won't work if you want a six pack you need a correct diet and all. It's a lot of work for pretty much nothing.

Also

Quote by Dirk Gently

This is true.
Doing crunches is not going to get you a 6 pack. Your whole body needs to be in good shape to get that defined look. You need to remove fat from your body to expose the muscles underneath.
You're never going to get abs unless you have a body altogether. I've never seen a person with fat arms and legs with a 6 pack. To have one great thing, you have to have all great things.
Hail Satan

Gear:
Yamaha RGX220
Peavey 5150
Trohak Cabinet (w/ Eminence speakers)
Mesa/Boogie 2x12 Roadster
Marshall Mg15
200 crunches? Jesus. I do one awkward half crunch as I get out of bed in the morning and my stomach is pretty flat. Yeah check out some other exercises bud.
Page 1 of 2