Hey all, I've got a problem.

So, I own a Marshall Jcm800 head. Too loud for practising in the house it would seem, as I had the neighbours constantly complaining.

So I thought, right- I'll go buy a smaller amp, solid state so I dont have to crank it to get a decent tone. Apparantly not lol, they're still moaning away. The SS i bought was a Peavey Bandit 112 (80w) although I only had the volume at like 3...

What do I do haha?
my experiences with 15w SS haven't been so enjoyable, are they making decent ones these days or whatever?
tell them to go jump off of a cliff. they can't take legal action unless it's at night
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Daveyh
Hey all, I've got a problem.

So, I own a Marshall Jcm800 head. Too loud for practising in the house it would seem, as I had the neighbours constantly complaining.

So I thought, right- I'll go buy a smaller amp, solid state so I dont have to crank it to get a decent tone. Apparantly not lol, they're still moaning away. The SS i bought was a Peavey Bandit 112 (80w) although I only had the volume at like 3...

What do I do haha?
my experiences with 15w SS haven't been so enjoyable, are they making decent ones these days or whatever?

you could go for a 5watt tube combo?
im not sure but people seem to reccomend then as its so easy to crank and get a good tone out of them.
just tryin to help.
Attenuator's seem to be pretty expensive from what I've seen :P

it is technically at night, I think the law says after something like 5pm, and its more like 8pm over here, I don't get home from work till like 5:P
ah that sucks. it should be 9/10pm though. it is in the UK anyway, but i tend to keep it down after about 7. line6 pod with headphones?
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Weber MASS does it for you, I own one... though I don't really use it cause I don't have close neighbours.. hehe
But it's a very good product... can make any tube amp sound good at any volume level.
ESP LTD M-400
Marshall JCM 800 2205 Halfstack
Dunlop Crybaby
Keeley BOSS SD-1
MXR 10 band EQ
iSP Decimator
with the money from the bandit and the money you were about to spend on a SS again, you could easily buy a weber mass attenuator which is one of the best i've heard.
an attenuator might be a better investment. why have a jcm around if you can't enjoy it eh?
Gibson SG Standard + 18volt EMG-81 & 85
Mesa/Boogie Mark IV + Recto 2x12
Keeley Modded BD-2
Vox V847a
Quote by one vision
Bureaucrats gonna crat.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Line6 pod? Sorry, I haven't looked at amps in a long time.
I played through a Line6 30w combo in the shop though and it was really terrible...
this is a multi effects unit. it's like a line6 vetta in a pedal (which is a very good SS amp) it's never going to sound like your tube amp but it is pretty decent
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by UnsignedRecords
an attenuator might be a better investment. why have a jcm around if you can't enjoy it eh?

Well I do enjoy it for like... an hour a day LOL
And when I'm gigging

Yeah, its pretty cr*p that it's sitting there not being played.
I used to play it all day long, but they started to get p*ssed off.
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
this is a multi effects unit. it's like a line6 vetta in a pedal (which is a very good SS amp) it's never going to sound like your tube amp but it is pretty decent

So what.... It's not an amp? lol
Just a pedal with headphones? haha
Can you like... put your music through it and that?
http://www.dv247.com/invt/froogle/11110/

here you go. there are cheaper floor models and whatnot, obviously they aren;t as good but i liked all of the the POD products
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
tell them to go jump off of a cliff. they can't take legal action unless it's at night

thats not the right attitude to have, if i had a neighbour playing guitar or music far to loud id complain and if they told me to "go jump off a cliff" id break their jaw i try and keep mines down to a reasonable level, i always ask my mrs how loud it was downstairs so i can get an idea of how loud it is for next door
sell your bandit, and get a weber mass. it's around 100 dollar or so.
i'm sure you can pay that and it'll give you great tone
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
http://www.dv247.com/invt/froogle/11110/

here you go. there are cheaper floor models and whatnot, obviously they aren;t as good but i liked all of the the POD products

c'mon this guy plays a frickin JCM800!! theres no way in hell he'll settle for a line6 pod and some headphones...there are plenty of small tube amps that can be pretty quiet and also get pretty loud...i've played the peavey classic and it's nice. It' not too loud, but it can be if you u turn it up obviously. a vox ac15 is good too
Traynor YCV50 Blue
epi les paul w/ SD Alnico II pros
Dunlop Slash Wah
EH Deluxe Memory Boy
Moen Jimi Vibe
Danelectro Cool Cat Fuzz
Zvex Vexter Fuzz Factory
VHT 2x12 w/ V30's
epi VJ...?

shame the 800 won't get enough love though.
Gear:
Gibson SG Standard
PURPLE PRS Custom 24
PURPLE PRS Custom 22
MXR Carbon Copy
Mesa/Boogie DC-5 and two matching half-back 2x12s

I'd like to meet satan, I bet he's a nice guy.
Quote by psychokiller99
c'mon this guy plays a frickin JCM800!! theres no way in hell he'll settle for a line6 pod and some headphones...there are plenty of small tube amps that can be pretty quiet and also get pretty loud...i've played the peavey classic and it's nice. It' not too loud, but it can be if you u turn it up obviously. a vox ac15 is good too

Haha, cheers
Ac15? Is that the vavle or the SS? I believe Rory Gallagher used a 30w Vox. Not sure which model tho?
^ its tube, he probably used an AC30. they are delicious from what i heard
[IMG]http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/9148/dawhip005jf4.jpg[/IMG]

Quote by SuperSamuraiGuy
Thanks for answering all my question ssguitar

JCM900 FOR SELL!
have you actually played through a pod or a vetta? really incredibly good. a vetta is probably better than a lot of the lower end tube amps, obviously with headphones it's not going to be the same but then you could always stick some top notch monitors in the headphone out
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD