Poll: So which guitar do you advice me after reading the post and my opinion on this?
Poll Options
View poll results: So which guitar do you advice me after reading the post and my opinion on this?
Ibanez RG2620E
9 39%
LTD M1000
14 61%
Voters: 23.
Hi, tomorrow I'm going to the shop again because it's some sort of ibanez event and they'll have the whole collection in the shop so I probably will buy either of these guitars tomorrow. Now that I raised my budget to that 2620 another vision opened to me...
I didn't like the EMG's on that M1000 but I absolutely loved the finish of that guitar! So I might buy this guitar and put some seymour duncans in it and have spent like the same as that 2620! (I probably will sell the EMG's on ebay then) I play mainly hardrock.
So what do you think would be best? Here are some pics and specs...

Ibanez RG2620E

Neck type: 5pc Wizard Maple/Walnut neck
Body: Basswood body
Fret: Jumbo frets
Bridge: Edge Pro bridge
Neck pu: DiMarzio® IBZ-N (H) neck pu
Bridge pu: DiMarzio® IBZ-B (H) bridge pu
Free Case

ESP/LTD M1000

Neck type: 3-piece Maple neck with Rosewood fingerboard.
Body: Alder body with a flamed Maple top.
Arrowhead inlays.
Original Floyd Rose tremolo.
Two EMG 81 active pickups.
Abalone binding.
Neck-thru-body design.

So the pro's and con's...(IMO)
PRO:
RG2620E: It's a prestige, got a hardshell case for free.
M1000: The whole frigging finish! Headstock colour, abalone binding, nicer inlays, reversed headstock.Alder body. Neckthrough!!
CON:
RG2620E: Might sound to metal like (bright) for my taste? Or not, what do you think?
M1000: No hardshell case, need a pickup swap

SO tell me what you think please!
Last edited by Chimeray at Oct 12, 2007,
Don't get to hung up on the neck joint. Neck-through doesn't mean better.

Basswood (as found on the Ibanez) can produce a wide spectrum of tones ranging from nice, light, cleans to heavier metal. If you have a good amp you'll be able to get all the tones you need from jazz to metal from the RG.

A finish is great, but before buying, decide how much you like it. Both of these guitars have nice cosmetic touches and you're going to be paying for them.

Finally, you just can't argue with Prestige quality (though, like I already told you, you should keep in mind that the neck on this guitar is the same as on the RG1570).
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
i would get the esp, because i like esp more than ibanez

but also because the esp is an alder body/neckthru and the ibanez is a basswood( idont like ) and the description doesnt say what kind of neck

if i were you i would get the esp, and if you dont like the emgs replace them either some seymour duncan blackouts(my favorites) or something like an SH-5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck
I'm thinking about going to Piens as well tomorrow. Just gotta see if I can borrow the car though.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
Quote by john{ND}{NGD}
i would get the esp, because i like esp more than ibanez

but also because the esp is an alder body/neckthru and the ibanez is a basswood( idont like ) and the description doesnt say what kind of neck

if i were you i would get the esp, and if you dont like the emgs replace them either some seymour duncan blackouts(my favorites) or something like an SH-5 in the bridge and a 59 in the neck

The Ibanez is bolt-on, but like I said, neck-through DOES NOT mean that it's better. A proper bolt-on has just as much sustain and because the Ibanez has the AANJ the upper fret access is almost as good as a proper neck-through.

Basswood vs. Alder, is all personal preference.

Also, he'll probably want to replace the EMGs because he doesn't want actives, so replacing them with Blackouts is pointless.
You've read it, you can't un-read it!
I'll see where this poll leads to Gonna test both of them, hopefully they have that m1000 over there! Actually... I already tested the RG1570 once, and the RG2550E once as well which are actually kind of the same as the 2620 and I liked it, just not all of the cosmetics. And if I can get kind off the same guitar quality (ltd deluxe) but with cosmetics I like more... well you get me I'll have to ask how much that pickup swap would cost me exactly. And I don't know, something tells me that alder is more suitable for me, the ke3 kelly I wanted first was alder too.

Anyway.. fingers crossed they have both of those guitars in the shop so I can compare them better and see which one I like the most!
i'd say it's mainly preference... i'd say the alder might be brighter than the basswood, too...

basically there are a couple of things there which odds are you'll prefer more than the other:

OFR versus edge pro
alder versus basswood
neck-thru versus bolt-on
emg's versus dimarzios

(of course the problem arises if you like the OFR more than the edge pro, and basswood more than alder, lol)

the ibanez is japanese-made, though i tried a LTD ec1000, and there didn't seem to be anything wrong with its quality- one of the better korean guitars I've tried.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
You picked the one Ibanez guitar with a finish I totally hate.
DRAGONFORCE IS THE HARDEST METAL KNOWN TO MAN
that ltd is really nice
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
You picked the one Ibanez guitar with a finish I totally hate.

haha, got a smile on my face because of that wasn't expecting to read such a thing
Pity not everyone likes it. Here's a vid of someone playing it, a streaming image might change your opinion a bit. If not well erhm... I like it a lot, best finish of ibanez IMO
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=XFrWNSN669s