Hello there. I’m a 17 year old student in my final year of collage, and for my DT class I’m making a guitar. What is special about this guitar is that I am planning on fitting it with a compensated tuning system to prevent all those buggy slightly sharps and slightly flats at the first 4 frets. Don't worry if you've never noticed these you can still help! ... I’m also aware that there are other systems which solve the problem but I would still appreciate everyone in this guitar community’s in put but just requesting that you answer a few questions?

SECTION 1

1) How much (max) would you be prepared to pay for a guitar with a system fitted which solved all major intonation problems?
Ans:

2) How much extra (max) would you be prepared to pay on to the price of a regular guitar for the system?
Ans:

3) Would you want the design of the guitar to make a point of the compensated tuning system or would you rather it made no difference to the look or playability?
Ans:

4) How conservative would you say you are as a guitarist (e.g. how sensitive to change, open to new ideas, specific about which guitar you stick with)?
Ans:

SECTION 2

5) How wild do you think the shape of a guitar can go without becoming unattractive?
Ans:

6)i) How highly to you class style and looks in a guitar?
Ans:
ii) As a smaller issue do you have any particular colour/colour scheme preference when choosing a guitar?
Ans:

7) With regards to weight vs. tone which would you regard as more important to have in a gigging guitar?
Ans:

8) What would be the ideal weight of a gigging guitar?
Ans:

9) What should be the maximum weight of a gigging guitar in your opinion?
Ans:

If you could please take the time to just copy and paste the questions and fill in your answers i would be very very greatful!

Thanks for your time

Daniel Drumm
SECTION 1

1) How much (max) would you be prepared to pay for a guitar with a system fitted which solved all major intonation problems?
Ans:3000

2) How much extra (max) would you be prepared to pay on to the price of a regular guitar for the system?
Ans:500

3) Would you want the design of the guitar to make a point of the compensated tuning system or would you rather it made no difference to the look or playability?
Ans: no difference to look/playability

4) How conservative would you say you are as a guitarist (e.g. how sensitive to change, open to new ideas, specific about which guitar you stick with)?
Ans: im pretty open to new ideas

SECTION 2

5) How wild do you think the shape of a guitar can go without becoming unattractive?
Ans: i like it simple for the most part

Ans: its gonna get banged up no matter what, but i like it to look good at least
ii) As a smaller issue do you have any particular colour/colour scheme preference when choosing a guitar?
Ans:no

7) With regards to weight vs. tone which would you regard as more important to have in a gigging guitar?
Ans:tone

Ans: les paul would be the heaviest for me

Ans:^^^^
SECTION 1

Ans: $2000

Ans: $200

Ans: As long as it is somewhat appealing to the eye, it would not matter to me.

Ans: I am open to change, though I value time tested guitars as well.

SECTION 2

Ans: I am a person who appreciates odd shaped guitars. But when things start losing proportion they tend to be unattractive.

Ans: Of course the looks of a guitar are important to a certain degree. It has to be appealing for you to buy it. But at the end of the day if the guitar cannot perform, it is just a pretty paper weight.

Ans: There is no specific color I look for when buying guitars. As long as the sound and feel are there, the color is pretty much not a problem.

Ans: Tone by far! I have played some heavy guitars over the years, and did it happily because the sound was appealing. Sure my back, knees, neck and feet hated me for the next day or so, but it was well worth it because of the tonal quality.

Ans: Between 5lbs and 9lbs.

Ans: My limit would be around 12lbs or so. Anything more would be too painful to wear for a night.
"I can play pretty fast on an instrument and I can do some pretty dazzling things if I want, but that only goes so far. You know, that's only going to interest people to a certain degree, it only has a certain stimulation." ~Steve Vai~
SECTION 1

Ans: maybe $1300 or more based on the quality of the instrument. Luthier-mades would get alot more. $2k and up.

Ans: Maybe an extra $300. ppl have done retrofits for about $200 i think

Ans: Id rather keep it kinda secret, not like a big sign that says "im too good for a regular tuning system"

Ans: Hmmm......im pretty open to change. With so much in the world being so formulaic, id like some change. As for sticking with a guitar, it depends how identifyable the sound is. Playing something like Pink Floyd's solos on a Les Paul just isnt doable sound-wise.

SECTION 2

Ans: Depends on the shape. Anyting thats too pointy or odd is just too over-the-top.

Ans: I like a guitar that looks good. But functionality is more important than style IMO.

Ans: It depends on the shape. I like Creme Strats and mostly Bursted Les Pauls. I rly like Green edge/yellow interior bursts on certain shapes.

Ans: Tone is very important, but if u can't finish a set b/c of a bad shoulder, then u need a lighter guitar.

Ans: 6-8 lbs. Solid mahogany guitars like Les Pauls are too heavy to be practical i think.

Ans: 9 lbs. if u can handle it.