hi everyone...
i wanna buy ibanez arc100. I'm playing mostly blues , rock .. There is epiphone lp-100 in my head .its cost is similar with ibanez.which one is you prefer which one is good for you.Or if there is better guitars than them (similar costs) you can give ideas to me.

Excuse me for my english but i really need your opinions
Thanks everyone..
I wouldn't get an LP 100. If you going to get an epiphone don't get anything below and LP standard. If you looking at those two guitars I'd get the Ibanez over the LP unless you were going to spend more money and get a better Epiphone.
First thanks for your help..
You can suggest other guitars if you think there is better than them near theirs costs.
Personally looks like the ibanez ARC100 costs $300 US new. I'd save up for a LP Standard... you'd be looking at $400-$500 new for one of those. I just bought a Gibson Les Paul that I love. Especially for blues Ibanez wouldn't be my first choice... too much of a metal sound. I'd look at a $400 Fender or Epiphone.
if you want a bluesy sound an ibanez wouldnt sound as good as a strat or maybe a nashville tele
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
clearly you guys have never played an ibanez ARC, VERY good guitars and most certainly better than low end epiphones. i myself have only played the arc 320 but it was VERY nice. single coil guitars are worth a look though as said above
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
^ I agree. Also, stoptail with fine tuners? Mmm, how nice is that.
Fender Japan Stratocaster Ibanez Pro540 Power Ibanez Pro540 Saber Ibanez 430S Ibanez S540 Charvel LSXIII w/GraphTech Ghost MIDI Parker Fly Artist Ibanez S1220 Mesa F30 Roland GR20 Roland Microcube + IBANEZ TREMS STILL SUCK!
yea were not saying that the ibanez's are bad, i myself own two...what were saying is that they dont have the best bluesy sound because most of them have humbuckers rather than single-coil pickups like strats like i mentioned above...the les pauls work well with blues though even though they do have humbuckers
SHOWBREAD

Quote by cheese_weasel
Winner of the intellectual comment of the day award.
just because a guitar has humbuckers doesn't make it bad for blues. that's completely opinion. the stock ARC pups are very nice for cleans and blues, imo
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
thanks for your opinions i guess i'll take arc in 2 days if i can find it here but i'm open for your ideas.I don't wanna be regret when i get this (if i can get )
i odn't think you will. as i said i tried the arc320 which is higher end but i'm 99% sure that the only difference is cosmetics
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
just because a guitar has humbuckers doesn't make it bad for blues. that's completely opinion. the stock ARC pups are very nice for cleans and blues, imo

+1. I think that the ARC100 has Super 58 pickups - My JTK has a super 58 in neck position which is excellent for blues imo.
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
nah only the higher end have super 58s but the low end ones are good copies of them, atleast from soundclips anyway
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
nah only the higher end have super 58s but the low end ones are good copies of them, atleast from soundclips anyway

i don't really see the JTKII as "high end", since it cost me £220 with a hardshell case, but yeah i suppose, i was thinking more of the AR300 (I MUST buy one of those guitars), which cost about £350.
Rig Winter 2017:

Not every Ibanez is a metal guitar. That misconception pi$$es me off to no end. Does the guitar in my avatar look like a metal guitar??? For what you want and the money you want to spend, the ARC would be a good choice.
i'm talking about higher end ARCS, which is by no means a high end guitar
Quote by Kutanmoogle

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
Quote by Jason43
Not every Ibanez is a metal guitar. That misconception pi$$es me off to no end. Does the guitar in my avatar look like a metal guitar??? For what you want and the money you want to spend, the ARC would be a good choice.

+7. nothing more to say about it though, i'm speechless because my friend doesn't know who Bill Bailey is...
Rig Winter 2017:

thanks for your helps again.. i'm going to buy arc tomorrow but i said above if i can't find what shoul i do ? what's your alternatives or should i wait for this guitar.. ?
Check the Ibanex ARC300 and I think there are two ARX's (double cuts.) I would be happy with any of them.
I went to get arc100 today but i couldn't instead of it there is arx100 do you know how this guitar ?
Quote by condormitnick
I went to get arc100 today but i couldn't instead of it there is arx100 do you know how this guitar ?

didn't you play it and see?
Rig Winter 2017:

i couldnt because they have this guitar in their stock not in the shop i'm sorry i think i ask so much thing..
Since it is not expensive and since I know Ibanez quality on their non-trem guitars tends to be above average I would be comfortable buying an ARX without trying it first. That's not how I prefer to do things, but I am familiar with Ibanez in general. The neck is going to be nice. Make sure you can bring the guitar back for a full refund if you are not satisfied.
You don't have to be sorry. Its stressful buying a new guitar, especially if you are like me and can't afford to waste money. Ask any question you want, most UG forum people are going to be glad to help you and won't be sarcastic. Sometimes they are just joking. Good luck.
IIRC, the ARX is more or less the same guitar, only with a double cut style body. I'd choose the ARX just because I think the it looks a little better. I personally wouldn't own either as long as I could still get an AR model though. All of the Artist series have the same neck, so playability will be the same, if not a little better with the double cut body. I wouldn't be afraid to blindly order a set bridge Ibanez either. The QC on their MIK guitars is really outstanding anymore.
Last edited by Jason43 at Oct 14, 2007,