4 4%
Both
40 40%
Voters: 99.
This thread is to so how much poor /rich musicans that are on UG

To be qulified qualified as a Poor guitarist:

If you have atleast have 5 on this ,that means you are still qualified

1.You hardly have money
2.mom and dad never helped you bought you anything (instrument)
3.You have work really hard to get things you need (instruments)
4.no guitar teacher
5.your a window shopper
6.the gear you have it ****ty no name brand or just crap
7.you live in a low end area
8.you want to be a musican

To be qulified qualified as a Rich guitarist:

1.mom and dad buy you what ever you want(instrument)
2.you have a guitar teacher
3.you live in a high class area
4.you don't think of you instruments that much
5.you have you dont want you be a musican ,you just want you play the instrument
6.if you asked for anything you would get it
7.you think you the best

choose which best describes you.

if you don't like this thread Just get out.
I'm both, they never bought any of my gear, but they help pay for lessons. And I don't really be a musician when I grow up, I'd like it, but it's not my plan to grow up and become one
Quote by The_Nightwish
5.you have you dont want you be a musican ,you just want you play the instrument
7.you think you the best

choose which best describes you.

if you don't like this thread Just get out.

Those two have nothing to do with being a "rich" musician.

Thats just blind ignorance.
neither

i dont let my parents buy my instruments(they might help me if i asked.).. i work hard to get them. i have name guitars, i wouldnt say i live in a poor area, and i refuse to get a teacher...

im in the middle. but i could be a rich guitarist if i was a dick to my parents.
I got 2 points for each one.
I live in a rich area, have no guitar teacher, my parents bought me my first guitar for 100 euros, but now if I need something I get it myself.

I look in shop windows. Does that make me a window shopper? What does that mean, anyway?
Sounds to me like you're complaining that you don't have enough money by thinking that people with money don't want to be musicians, they just have shiny gear.
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
i put both cuz my parents helped buy all my gear(im 15 lol)but i wanna b a musician n i care about my guitar its a ibanez rg7321 is that poor?thought myself to play
peple who arent guitarists say im good but to a good guitarist im average i guss been playin 1 na half years i progressed passed wat i wud have if i had a teacher
guitar>weed>jesus
Quote by Allnightmask22

Alternatively, have your friends hold him down, then take a dump in his mouth, make sure your genitals don't touch him though, that's gay.

Quote by RageAgainst...
Teddy-Metal
for those who like to mosh, but just wanna cuddle afterwards

smashing pumkins fans=)^
Well, i don't match any of the ones for rich, so i guess i'm poor then
Quote by sSyLc
Looking for a bj from an unsuspecting animal eh?
Member of The True Eccentric Tea Drinking Appreciation Preservation Society
Quote by denizenz
I came, I saw, I cleaned it up.
what a stupid thread. so someone has money, does that mean they don't want to be a musician? and who's to say that you are either poor or rich? i would check out those stereotypes, man.
Jesus for president. PM me to join the campaign. or just sig it.

Of course God has a sense of humor. Look at the Platypus...

Member #9 of the Trumpet Players' Alliance, PM E V H 5150 to inquire about joining.
None of that defines you being a rich or poor musician.
I play by my own rules. And I have one rule; There are no rules... but if there are, they're there to be broken. Even this one.

Confused? Good.

Quote by CrucialGutchman
Sigs are wastes of my precious screen space.

^ Irony

Quote by RevaM1ssP1ss
LET ME HUMP YOU DAMMIT
This is completely silly. Did it ever occur to you that most of us are MIDDLE CLASS CITIZENS?
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by The_Nightwish

7.you think you the best

Those apply to me, even though none of the ones for 'poor' guitarist don't.

I wouldn't say I am a rich guitarist, I get free guitar lessons from my school cause i took Standard Grade music, i don't see why playing an instrument for fun has qualities of being a rich guitarist.
I'm neither. I live in a high end area, took lessons at some point in time, and have gotten a guitar as a birthday present. But I value my instruments (both the ones I bought myself and those given to me) a great deal and I play them/think about them just as much as anyone on here. And just because I play for fun instead of with aspirations of a career doesn't mean I'm any less of a guitarist. I know I'm better than the TS, but that's mostly because I'm not a biased prick whose jealous of people in better economical situations than himself.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. Some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die."-Duke
1.You hardly have money (yes w/e money is meant for transportation i swipe to buy new gear)
2.mom and dad never helped you bought you anything (my mom bought me my first guitar,but the others i've raised the cash myself)
3.You have work really hard to get things you need (yes it takes me months to raise bits of cash)
4.no guitar teacher (just got one recently)
5.your a window shopper (hell yes)
6.the gear you have it ****ty no name brand or just crap (it's name brand only the low end items)
7.you live in a low end area (i live in a nice area,not rich or poor)
8.you want to be a musican (yes because it makes me happy and im never bored with it)
HAHAHA, no rich guitarist's lol, c'mon there must be some signed musician's with a bit of money using these forum's lol & I know there are plently of kid's who can only just play with top gear mummy and daddy brought!
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
By your criteria, I'm a poor guitarist with about $4,000 worth of gear. Huh.
Hi, I'm Peter
You are an idiot.
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by Dirk Gently
By your criteria, I'm a poor guitarist with about $4,000 worth of gear. Huh.

That makes you a theif
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Quote by meh!
That makes you a theif

zing!

I must be a middle-class guitarist cause I have some of both.
i would have been a rich guitarist but many many years ago before alot of you were probably born i saw some kiss footage ace looked cool with that les paul and jimmy page also so i wanted a guitar told my parent that was the kind of guitar i wanted.

my dad brings home a guitar at the time i didnt know from a case the difference in an acoustic case and an electric i just thought oh boy my les paul(of course didnt know that was the name of it yet) i open the case.there lies the acoustic.i respond with anger what is this crap take it back and get what i asked for.father says i bought this to see if you were going to stick with it first.i said i dont care i want the one i wanted.

he takes it to the store and tells me from here on out all guitars i get i will pay for myself,,turns out the acoustic cost him a grand.

poor? rich? i am thinking dumbass instead
Your poor/rich qualifications are fucking stupid. Since when does economic status dictate how much you're allowed to value your instrument? And what if you're so poor that your parents had to buy your instrument because you didn't have any money in the first place? And since when does being rich prevent you from wanting to be a musician?
Here are my qualifications; I'll let you decide.

1.You hardly have money
2.mom and dad never helped you bought you anything (instrument) - They had to because I had no money.
3.You have work really hard to get things you need (instruments) - Instruments aren't necessities; therefore I don't even get them.
4.no guitar teacher
5.your a window shopper - I don't even bother.
6.the gear you have it ****ty no name brand or just crap
7.you live in a low end area - Since when is it impossible to be poor in a wealthy area?
8.you want to be a musican

7.you think you the best
wow .. I always tough UG had a lot of stuck up rich kids.
looks like I'm not alone

--------------------
-------------------
------------------
-----------------
----------------
---------------

Quote by cashewchaching
what a stupid thread. so someone has money, does that mean they don't want to be a musician? and who's to say that you are either poor or rich? i would check out those stereotypes, man.

See you out the door.
im a bassist *leaves thread*

(but i qualify for poor)
Quote by darkstar2466

I love you.

Quote by rabidguitarist

Can I be your adopted parent? I'd love you like a real son.

"Arguing over the internet is like the special olympics. No matter who wins, your both still retards." - A man of many muffins
Quote by yawn
Your poor/rich qualifications are fucking stupid. Since when does economic status dictate how much you're allowed to value your instrument? And what if you're so poor that your parents had to buy your instrument because you didn't have any money in the first place? And since when does being rich prevent you from wanting to be a musician?

Funny you say that.
My parents bought my guitar, but it's not great because they couldn't afford anything better. I'm working towards getting a better one. I want to be a proper musican. I live in a nice area because my parents put all their money in to the house. I have a guitar teacher, it's free at my school (at least it has been so far... *hides*).

Classifying poor and rich in that way is dumb.
There's only one thing we can do to thwart the plot of these albino shape-shifting lizard BITCHES!
Naa this sucks, good in theory but not if really think about it.
Manchester United
tecnically i'm a rich guitarist but i have bought most of my ****, i window shop and my parents do not get me anything i ask for their response is "then get a better job"
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
Quote by The_Nightwish
Funny you say that.

Regardless of your attempts at smart comebacks, most of us think this thread is stupid, and that your assumptions are ludicrous.

Being rich doesnt make you egotistical or a hobby player.
Poor.

All my money used to go on rent and food. Now I've moved back home I'm getting a job close by so I'll hopefully be able to buy all the guitar stuff I;ve not had the cash for (Peavey royal 8, Breedlove acoustic, mods for my SG, I'm guessing about ~1000£ total) within two or three months of working.
Let me tell you about heartache and the loss of god
Wandering, wandering in hopeless night
Out here in the perimeter there are no stars

Out here we is stoned
Immaculate.