Hi,

I'm looking for a amp for low gain sounds, like the Matchless DC-30, the plexi, or a pushed twin/bassman/whatever (bit like SRV). Unfortunatly, I don't know much about that territory, so I need your advice.

What's the difference in tone between a cranked plexi and a boosted Fender amp? How does the Trainwreck or the DC-30 compare to that? How about Hiwatt or THD?

I wouldn't mind fenderish cleans =P

So, any advice/clips/whatever?

Would be nice, thanks
^ seconded.

Äh, Sie wollen also mit Schlitz.
A plexi was originally based on a Fender Bassman circuit, so they sound similar. The speaker arrangement makes a big difference, though.

If you're aiming for a more bright and clean tone, go for a Twin or a Deluxe. They sound amazing. Great for country, but you don't have to go that bright.

A Bassman is a lot bassier (as you may have guessed) and has a sort of rumbling low end as you turn it up.
Well I'd recommend a Fender Tweeed Deluxe (5E3)
www.ceriatone.com

Having played one it's perfect for that SRV esque, Texas blues tone, but it's simple to overdrive and get some OD through and breaks up very quickly.
Quote by stratman_13
It's okay Gabel. You kick ass.

18watter video demo

My band

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
i've only really tried the thd flexi 50 out of those; it's very, very nice. but at that kind of budget, most things will be very, very nice... EDIT: oh i've tried a hiwatt too, the studio/stage 40/20, it's also very, very nice. but pretty expensive.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?