Hey guys.
Does anyone of you know a good site for learning japanese? (other than google )
Thanks in advance
Quote by JilaX^
Hey guys.
Does anyone of you know a good site for learning japanese? (other than google )
Thanks in advance

http://www.japanese-online.com/

But I would really recommend getting a teacher too. I studied Japanes for a couple of years, the basics are easy, but when you get deeper in... Whoah!
So you think you're not weird enough?
"That was it, a nick. Now happily paid for. [...] It was decided that it was so far away in time and influence that...well, you only get caught when you're successful. That's the game". Robert Plant
no offense, but japanese is, in my opinion, one of the most useless languages, unless you actually live in japan. if you plan on going to japan, then i see why you'd try to learn it. but if you're just learning a language to have as a second language, try learning something a little more useful.

again, no offense. i'm just trying to give a little constructive criticism. there's no point in learning something that you can't use. since you apparently know english, i'd go with spanish, if you haven't learned that already.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
no offense, but japanese is, in my opinion, one of the most useless languages, unless you actually live in japan. if you plan on going to japan, then i see why you'd try to learn it. but if you're just learning a language to have as a second language, try learning something a little more useful.

again, no offense. i'm just trying to give a little constructive criticism. there's no point in learning something that you can't use. since you apparently know english, i'd go with spanish, if you haven't learned that already.

I'm allready learning spanish And I would be very interested in going to japan.
Quote by Metallica_Man55

What the hell? What do you base these claims on? Japanese can be plenty of useful. If you work with tourism, travel, translation or just any bussines knowing any extra languages is a huge plus.
Quote by JilaX^
I'm allready learning spanish And I would be very interested in going to japan.

i'm learning spanish as well
Quote by Renka
What the hell? What do you base these claims on? Japanese can be plenty of useful. If you work with tourism, travel, translation or just any bussines knowing any extra languages is a huge plus.

well, i didn't say it was completely useless, i just thought that it was used the least. but really, which do you think is used more? something like japanese or something like spanish? i guess it would be useful in business, and travel is just like i said, if you are going to japan.
Gah, I had it at school. It's so hard. One of my friends has an A in it! :/
Quote by Metallica_Man55
well, i didn't say it was completely useless, i just thought that it was used the least. but really, which do you think is used more? something like japanese or something like spanish? i guess it would be useful in business, and travel is just like i said, if you are going to japan.

Dude, it's all relative to the number of people in the area that share your skills. Generally speaking, it's not hard to find someone who speaks Spanish, so being able to won't make you stand out by any means. A rare skill will probably be more usefull in that context in that it makes you stand out and able to perform tasks that most people could not handle.
Quote by ctb
Gah, I had it at school. It's so hard. One of my friends has an A in it! :/

they actually offered japanese at your school? the only languages at my school are english, spanish, and french, and the only people that take french are the spanish kids, like the kids that learned spanish, then english.

i would have taken german, but they didn't have it. lol, i don't think german would actually be very useful, unless you, like i said before, are traveling there.
Quote by Renka
Dude, it's all relative to the number of people in the area that share your skills. Generally speaking, it's not hard to find someone who speaks Spanish, so being able to won't make you stand out by any means. A rare skill will probably be more usefull in that context in that it makes you stand out and able to perform tasks that most people could not handle.

yeah, i guess. but if you learn something like spanish, there are a whole lot of different people you can talk to. if you learn japanese, there's going to be a lot less people that know it. unless, like you said, there's a lot of people in your area that speak it. then i guess it'd be useful.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
yeah, i guess. but if you learn something like spanish, there are a whole lot of different people you can talk to. if you learn japanese, there's going to be a lot less people that know it. unless, like you said, there's a lot of people in your area that speak it. then i guess it'd be useful.

What if you want to insult somebody in Japanese? Intimidate them? What if you just feel like speaking Japanese? If you watch a lot of anime? Play videogames with a lot of Japanese and Kanji? It is useful... .
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 1: Viking helmets did not have horn.
Viking fact no. 2: Vikings tobogganed on their shields into battle.
Viking fact no. 3: Vikings drank mead.
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
What if you want to insult somebody in Japanese? Intimidate them? What if you just feel like speaking Japanese? If you watch a lot of anime? Play videogames with a lot of Japanese and Kanji? It is useful... .

if you wanted to insult somebody in japanese, they wouldn't understand you, and it wouldn't be funny.

i don't think they speak japanese in anime. then again, i don't watch anime.

like i have said, it's useful in certain situations, but overall, it's not as useful as some other languages.
Quote by Metallica_Man55
if you wanted to insult somebody in japanese, they wouldn't understand you, and it wouldn't be funny.

i don't think they speak japanese in anime. then again, i don't watch anime.

like i have said, it's useful in certain situations, but overall, it's not as useful as some other languages.

...That is the point of insulting them, they most likely wouldn't understand you because of the lack of speakers...

Anime was made in Japan...

Renka already posted reasons why it is useful...
Quote by Senor Kristian
Viking fact no. 4: One of your ancestors are likely to have been raped by a viking.
Quote by The Virtuoso
...That is the point of insulting them, they most likely wouldn't understand you because of the lack of speakers...

Anime was made in Japan...

Renka already posted reasons why it is useful...

It's no use to argue with him, he don't see it.
Quote by Renka
It's no use to argue with him, he don't see it.

Hehe, it's our little secret

By the way, I think Latin, Gaelic, or Middle English would be even less useful...it still would stop me from learning any of them; just so I that I know them and can speak them, just because I can.
Quote by Senor Kristian
Quote by The Virtuoso
Hehe, it's our little secret

By the way, I think Latin, Gaelic, or Middle English would be even less useful...it still would stop me from learning any of them; just so I that I know them and can speak them, just because I can.

latin would probably be very useful, not in speaking it, but it's basically the root of most languages. learn that, and you can learn other stuff a lot easier.