and I know some of these artists aren't necessarily alternative or indie, but I'm not quite sure where they belong in any case. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

John Frusicante solo
Nine Inch Nails
Oasis
Pavement
Wilco
'Definitely Maybe' and 'Heathen Chemistry' are probably your best bets for getting into Oasis, dunno about the others though.
Quote by killsPEACHES
wilco- yankee hotel foxtrot

+1 is an amazing album
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
when shadows collide with people - john frusciante
Don't know what album its on, but "Ramparts" by John Fruciante is awesome.
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Hey I said this once
Quote by Death_To_Emo
Don't know what album its on, but "Ramparts" by John Fruciante is awesome.

to record nothing but water for 8 days...i think thats what the album is.
its actually to record nothing but water for 10 days

id say his best albums to listen to first are shadows collide with people and The Will to Death.
Quote by SpkGrk
its actually to record nothing but water for 10 days

id say his best albums to listen to first are shadows collide with people and The Will to Death.

ooh i was close
definatly maybe n whats the story morning glory for oasis, and ive only heard will to death from froosh and its great so theyre my recomendations
My Stuff: Epi Black Beauty Les Paul with Bareknuckle Pickups, Fender Telecaster MIJ, Cort Electro acoustic, E-ross 12 string acoustic, Fender Hot Rod Deluxe, Cry Baby, BOSS DS-1 , Fulltone OCD, Digitech Whammy, Boss TU-3
Quote by cloudy_skies
and I know some of these artists aren't necessarily alternative or indie, but I'm not quite sure where they belong in any case. Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

John Frusicante solo
Nine Inch Nails
Oasis
Pavement
Wilco

John Frusicante solo - Not very familiar with his stuff but 'To Record Only Water for Ten Days' seems like a nice place to start.
Nine Inch Nails- I haven't really listened them but I used to listen 'Pretty Hate Machine'. 'Downward Spiral' is probably the best place to start though.
Oasis - 'Definitely Maybe' and then '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.
Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is generally regarded as their best album but I think 'Being There' and 'A Ghost Is Born' are better.
NIN - The Downward Spiral is a must. this album pretty much defines Nine Inch Nails. I wouldn't start with Pretty Hate Machine. The Fragile is also a must have of NIN. if you dont like The Downward Spiral, theres a good chance you wont like NIN, though i dont know what youve heard of theres, so i cant speak for you.
John Frusicante solo = Shadows Collide With People
Nine Inch Nails = The Downward Spiral, perhaps, Pretty Hate Machine. Downward first.
Oasis = Definatley Maybe, What's The Story and The Masterplan
Pavement = Haven't heard of them sadly.
Wilco = Yankee Hotel Foxtrot, and possibly Kicking Television.
John Frusicante solo - Don't really know. I've been meaning to check it out for a long time, but I haven't.
Nine Inch Nails - The Downward Spiral
Oasis - Definitely Maybe
Wilco - Don't know.
Oasis - What's The Story...
Nine Inch Nails - Nothing really that good, TDS has some good tracks on it though
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

Quote by xX*Zeppelin*Xx
John Frusicante solo - Not very familiar with his stuff but 'To Record Only Water for Ten Days' seems like a nice place to start.
Nine Inch Nails- I haven't really listened them but I used to listen 'Pretty Hate Machine'. 'Downward Spiral' is probably the best place to start though.
Oasis - 'Definitely Maybe' and then '(What's The Story) Morning Glory?'.
Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot is generally regarded as their best album but I think 'Being There' and 'A Ghost Is Born' are better.

Exactly the same albums that I'd recommend, good list
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I recommend "Definitely Maybe" and "(What's the Story) Morning Glory?" for Oasis albums. In terms of Wilco the first one I bought was "Sky Blue Sky" and I think it's absolutely brilliant, then I got "Yankee Foxtrot Hotel" and I thought it was kinda not as good as "Sky Blue Sky" but that's probably just my crazy personal preference.
Skip the first three bands. For Wilco start with Summerteeth or Yankee Hotel Foxtrot. I like Sky Blue Sky a lot, but not as much as the other recent albums. It's a little too straightforward. The guitar playing on it is pretty amazing though. A Ghost is Born is also really good, but can be hard to get into. The 3rd track on the album is almost 11 minutes long and there is 12 minutes of noise at the end of the album. It also has some truly great songs like "At Least That's What You Said", "Hummingbird", and "Theologians". Jeff Tweedy is a brilliant lyricist and you really won't go wrong with any of them. I'm not a huge fan of Being There though...

For Pavement, I would definitely recommend starting with Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. My brother likes Slanted and Enchanted more than CR,CR. Either way you can't go wrong. Be sure to get the deluxe reissues. They are packed with awesome extra songs.
Epi Les Paul Standard with BB Pros
Vox 847A Wah->Fulltone Fulldrive 2->EHX Big Muff Pi->DD-3->EHX SMMwH->Fender Blues Deluxe