i love the warmth and sustain of a les paul but i HATE how fat the neck is i usually play wizzards

so i was thinking what is the best way to get around this as cheap as possible and still have a good guitar

Plan

throw a set of 490r and 498t pickups into a schecter c1 classic (lp studio pup)

wood both are mahogony/maple top
scale i prefer the a 25.5 scale feel over 24.75(but how much is scale relative to tone??)
sustain thinner neck so thats a - but the string thru and neck thru are a +
Bridge very similar
Tuners bro has grover on his dean and had no problems with them

Questions

1) how close to a lp studio do u think this will sound
2) will i run into any problem with pole spacing ( is a c1 classic f space do they make the pickups f sapce is so)
get an lp and change the neck on it?
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
Quote by rhysm
get an lp and change the neck on it?

You'd have a host of problems in that point.
Try getting a luthier to shave the neck safely but that might limit to the guage strings you can use before 2 much bow occurs and it snaps...

OR...

Get and ESP EC Model...

OR...

Get something custom made
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
lps are set neck the cost of getting it getting the neck removed getting a new neck professionaly installed would be ...VERY high and it would lose sustain
yeah i was thinking about the ec but i decided to post this and get a few opinions on how a 25.5 scale neck might sound since i really like the feel of the longer scale
Quote by spikeyeyerish
lps are set neck the cost of getting it getting the neck removed getting a new neck professionaly installed would be ...VERY high and it would lose sustain

ahh yes didnt think of that sorry
Quote by .arkness:.
I did it in the church confession booth. i jizzed all over the mesh in an attempt to hit the priest.
get an ESP EC, better idea than what you might think. but choose one with duncans cuz they are nearer the LP tone than EMGs
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I tried a Les Paul DC today, I am getting it or its brother next month. Good upper fret access, 490's and a 60's slim taper neck. Not near as thin as a Wizard, but much better than the baseball neck.
i decided i wil just use my rga 121 when i want to use the longer scale neck and kind of "learn" the feel of the shorter scale and smaler nut with

i played a 500 last week and it felt pretty good. it apears that there is not a real big difference between the ec 500 and ec 1000 from what i see online but i just wanna make sure i am not missing anything

question?

is there any significant sonic difference between the ec 500 and ec 1000

NOTE: I apologize if this thread has gotten off topic
Im thinking get the classic (great guitar btw) and get a set of duncan 59s, they're bassicaly PAF copies so you will get an even more "Authentic" LP tone with them. Plus i don't like the gibsons really, i would rather leave the duncan hot rodded set then put the 490s in.

Plus you also get the 5 way position switch, something that does not come with the LTD which is somehow more expensive god knows why.
Quote by Chinomaster182
Im thinking get the classic (great guitar btw) and get a set of duncan 59s, they're bassicaly PAF copies so you will get an even more "Authentic" LP tone with them. Plus i don't like the gibsons really, i would rather leave the duncan hot rodded set then put the 490s in.

Plus you also get the 5 way position switch, something that does not come with the LTD which is somehow more expensive god knows why.

i will admit i like the 59 alot but i love the 490s and my rga 121 already has the same switching as the classic

dont know if any 1 else agrees but the classic just seems like a better made guitar
Well, the C-1 Classic already has a 59' in it anyway...
Schecter C-1 Classic
LTD EC-1000
Fender American FSR Mahog. Chambered Tele 60th
Fender Mexican Strat SD Hot Rails Br/Ne
Fender Hot Rod Deville 4x10
Boss DD-6
Boss Metal Zone
Quote by spikeyeyerish
is there any significant sonic difference between the ec 500 and ec 1000

The only difference I can see from the specs is hardware (bridge, tuners) and abalone inlays/binding.
I'm dancing in the moonlight
It's caught me in its spotlight
Dancing in the moonlight
On this long hot summer night

Martin D-28