Page 1 of 2
whats the hardest song to play on guitar in your opinion, ive never tried to but i just started to really listen to machine gun and i have no idea whats going on in there but i definatly want to learn that at one point, anyway what do you think is the hardest song to play on guitar?
2 hard to say and once you play-along with a song enough its not even hard anymore
If you look around the forums a bit, you'll see this thread pops up a fair bit all the time.
But it's Serrana by Jason Becker.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
basically anything by jason becker... especially serrana
Quote by tarheelfan2
Oh ****, I just found out I got pwned by Joey! Damn...

Quote by funkbass369
GASPPPP! another one pwned by joey!

Quote by funkyfigure8
Lulz Joey Is Teh Ownage I Want His Penus
anything at 1000 times it's original speed. maybe paganini's 24 caprices in full
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
yeah, dude, it's all based on practice. i remember stuff that was hard for me a year ago that i can play in my sleep now. some stuff may be harder to get at first, but once you get it down and keep practicing, you'll get better at it.

hardest song is all subjective. you can get someone that can play a certain song, and someone else may think it's impossible.
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Dragonforce!!!!!!!!!!!!

i agree 110% lol. go look up the powertabs for dragonforce. it's insane, man.

you have to remember that guitar 4 is the keyboard, though.
I can see dragonforce being a bitch to learn but nothing is the hardest because one mans hard is another mans easy. Bit of logic for you there.
And yeah this comes up all the time
Manchester United
Dragonforce's stuff aren't that hard, they use pretty standard arpeggios and licks.

Hardest?
Probably Dark Matter - Rusty Cooley
Ron Thal - Hands
Jason Becker - Mabel's Air...Could it get any faster?
Quote by Shabalaba
I can see dragonforce being a bitch to learn but nothing is the hardest because one mans hard is another mans easy. Bit of logic for you there.
And yeah this comes up all the time

just like i said, only summed up a bit quicker. one man's hard is another man's easy. and vice-versa. you can pick up something right away and someone else may have a hard time learning it.

dragonforce's stuff is next to impossible. the only way most people will be able to play it is on guitar hero 3 lol. i can play some of through the fire and flames. it's fun to play if you take the time to learn it.
Master of Puppets- Metallica

My boyfriend told me to play it and I played it so slow, it was so hard in my mind.
Quote by buckethead_jr
Dragonforce's stuff aren't that hard, they use pretty standard arpeggios and licks.

Hardest?
Probably Dark Matter - Rusty Cooley
Ron Thal - Hands
Jason Becker - Mabel's Air...Could it get any faster?

classic stuff and stuff played clean are always harder to play. the reason, in my opinion, is that if you mess up with the distortion on and the gain on 10, nobody will notice. if you play clean, then every mistake you make will be heard. that's why classic stuff is harder.
Quote by IBANEZ_EDGE
Dragonforce is everyone's hard.

Sorry but they aren't.

Personally I think City Nights by Allan Holdsworth is impossible, to get all the correct dynamics and timings down.
Quote by Guitarislife125
Sorry but they aren't.

Personally I think City Nights by Allan Holdsworth is impossible, to get all the correct dynamics and timings down.

guitarists' playing techniques are also hard to copy. just look at eddie van halen. his stuff would probably be right behind dragonforce in difficulty, in my opinion. even slash (who isn't that amazing of a guitarist) probably has a few techniques that would make gnr songs hard to play. rhcp stuff would be hard because it's played clean and the tone is hard to get right.
dragonforce sucks! but i would say that the hardest stuff is classical guitar. It's harder than any other style..... Jason Becker stuff is really hard too.
Guitars:
Fender MIM Telecaster
Epiphone SG Goth
Ibanez Soundgear Bass
Amps:
Ashdown Fallen Angel 60 DSP
Crate BT-50
Quote by Metallica_Man55
classic stuff and stuff played clean are always harder to play. the reason, in my opinion, is that if you mess up with the distortion on and the gain on 10, nobody will notice. if you play clean, then every mistake you make will be heard. that's why classic stuff is harder.

Actually, I sound much cleaner on clean. String noise = my demise

Anyway, hardest song:

"Opinion" by Everybody
Smells like teen spirit......

hahahaha
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Studio
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul
-Ibanez S470
-PRS SE Custom

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus

Pickups:
Guitarforce
MHD
Tom Morello's (spelt right?) solos are hard to get the right tone because of all the pedals he uses, like Metallica_Man55 said its hard to get it in the exact right tone and the exact way he plays it. Whoever said master of puppets is a fool, it may be hard to get right at first but im not fab at guitar and i can play it
Manchester United
Fur Eliese By Beetovin (dont know how to spell his name but good song :P lol )
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Quote by Metallica_Man55

I see it around evenly to be honest.

It's really obvious if you make a mistake on clean channel, that could be a disaster, since all the notes are so clear.

But with distortion, say you're sweep picking, it will become very obvious that you have messed up as well, as the string noise amplifies and makes a horrible sound.

But all in all i find personally playing on the clean channel a lot harder, since I'm not really used to it, and that really makes all the difference, some people find quick swept arpeggios hard, i find them easy, i find finger picking difficult, other people find it easy, it's just to do with what you're accustomed to really.

Quote by MaidenRules666
but i would say that the hardest stuff is classical guitar. .

I wouldn't go that far, some of it is very difficult, but then again every genre has it's difficulties, Jazz fusion is crazy as well.
Last edited by buckethead_jr at Oct 12, 2007,
The sweeps from Glass Prison by Dream Theatre, Most Dragonforce, Most Symphony X, Anything by The virtuosos really because they are all using advanced techniques. Even classical guitar is a technique.
Solfeggietto - Bach
Prelude In C# Minor - Rachmaninov

I'd like to see people play them on guitar...
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
I expected to see EVH fanboys saying Eruption. I'm pleasantly surprised, actually. That song is so overrated.
Quote by death_metaller
**** burzum XD

there i said it...kinda

edit: i do realise they are not here...so i kinda didnt say it...

fail
i would say tech metal like dillenger escape plan
the time signatures and tempo changes are unreal
Schecter C1-1 Fr
Gibson made Les Paul body Epiphone Hardware

Randall RH150G3
Peavey Valve King Cab
1 Full Range Speaker For Direct out of POD

Pod X3
Korg Ax1000g
Boss Ds-1

r u kidding me? Eruption is so easy .. you just need the right technique
Quote by bambi_slaughter

what sound does a baby make when you put it in a blender?
i dunno, i was to busy masturba ting.

Quote by maroon5mustdie
EVH. I saw him in concert. And his brother was seriously the worst bass player I've ever seen.

Quote by operation ktulu
if my guitar had a pussy, i would never leave my room
Quote by Storm_Bringer_
anything at 1000 times it's original speed. maybe paganini's 24 caprices in full

Agree, Paganini is something classic and pretty hard. I tried the 16th caprice and had a lot of difficulty. I knew a guy at my school that was able to play this really fast, it was cool, but yeah its kinda based on practice and more practice, thats how you get better on guitar.
The most difficult thing I've attempted was Paginini's 16th caprice. One thing that is strange though, no matter how many times I try it, I can't get the pentatonic lick down in the 1st solo of Mr Crowley, it's not the speed, it's the FEEL that Randy Rhoads put into it, pure feeling is one of the hardest things to replicate.
ALWAYS

WANNA BE WITH YOU,
MAKE BELIEV
E WITH YOU,
AND L
IVE IN HARMONY, HARMONY,

OH, LOOVE!
Quote by Metallica_Man55
guitarists' playing techniques are also hard to copy. just look at eddie van halen. his stuff would probably be right behind dragonforce in difficulty, in my opinion. even slash (who isn't that amazing of a guitarist) probably has a few techniques that would make gnr songs hard to play. rhcp stuff would be hard because it's played clean and the tone is hard to get right.

rhcps stuff is easy, and its impossible to replicate most peoples tone, because their equipment is vintage.
Gear:
Ibanez RG550 20th RFR
Traynor YCV50
Fender FMT HH Tele
Mesa Boogie 2ch Triple Rectifier
2 1x12 custom Theile cabs
ISP Decimator
Krank Kranshaft
Boss BF-2 Flanger
BBE Sonic Maximizer
Quote by imascreamer
i would say tech metal like dillenger escape plan
the time signatures and tempo changes are unreal

completely agreed. or anything by meshuggah, the locust, melt-banana or mr. bungle.
it all depends on what youve practised.
if your a metal player, classical finger picking peices are going to be hard.
If your a classical player, shredding in the penatonic scale is going to be hard.

The better question to be asked would be:
what is the hardest song to play in x genre
i find little wing by jimi hendrix impossible. ive only ever met 1 person that could play it
Anything Necrophagist is rediculous. Foul Body Autopsy requires insanely accurate alternate picking, string skipping, sweeping, etc.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=KA67UNstFWM
Gear:
Jackson Pro Series DK2 Dinky (Eerie Dess Swirl)
Ibanez XPT700 Xiphos (Chameleon Red) =D

Crate FXT65 amp with 3-way foot switch
Ibanez Weeping Demon Wah Pedal
Page 1 of 2