Anything i should know about tube amps? ive never owned on, and i dont know anything about them. i just bought one today at a yard sale on a whim
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
you need to replace the tubes every few years. you;d best do that if it sounds off. to turn it on, turn power on, leave for 30secs-1min, turn standby on, play
Quote by Kutanmoogle
Now introducing Megabreth, Dave Mustaine's signature Tic-Tac!

Member of the ENGL Family

Gear:

Hamer Vector
OLP John Petrucci
ENGL Thunder 50
EHX Holy Grail
EHX Small Clone
EHX Big Muff USA
Boss DD-3
Vox V847
Korg Toneworks OD
it seems to take a second or so for control adjustments to happen. especially if they are big ones. at least on the one I played. What kind of amp is it??
Quote by qotsa1998
it seems to take a second or so for control adjustments to happen. especially if they are big ones. at least on the one I played. What kind of amp is it??

http://www.silvertoneworld.net/amplifiers/1333/1333.html

Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
A vintage freakin tube amp! How cool. Hope you got a nice price. Crank it up and enjoy. Those old Silvertones are in demand.
Quote by uldhppi
Tell me about the amp man. I love yardsales.

oky doky ill post some pics/info one sec
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Ok i randomly stopped at this garage sale with my mom and i saw this thing sitting there. the name sounded familiar so i asked the guy about it, and he said he wanted $50 for it. So i went home, grabbed a guitar, came back and played it. It sounded pretty awesome at a low volume in a garage so i bought it...also the fact that its a 50 year old amp is quite cool. Anyways, if u read the above link, its all of that, minus the tremolo and the tone control. they are broke, im going to see about getting it all fixed up tho. this thing rocks.

here are some pics!

Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional

Where are all the controls???

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

I'm going ignore the fact abut the pictures being massive....

$50!?
thats a bargain and a half
get it all nicely fixed up and you'll have an even better amp than it is now
yea lol sorry bout the pics but yes its fregin awesome

as for the controls, they are oddly tucked away in the back :\
Quote by Johansensan

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
$50 plus another $50 for parts and labor=$400-500 amp. Wish I could stumble across something like that.