So I just turned 18 in august and i just finished highschool last year. Now this morning i went to the orthadantist for the first time in a year to check out my retainer. Turns out because i havent been wearing my retainer religiously my teeth have moved back a bit. Not a huge deal to me but my parents freaked out. So now basically theyre trying to ground me for the weekend. I told them they could go to hell and theres no way im going to stay in on a weekend because they told me to. So then they threatened that if i left the house this weekend im no longer allowed to live in the basement rent free or possibly at all. In most matters i would tell them to go to hell, but in this case i almost see their point. Because they did spend alot of moeny on my braces, but still should i let them keep me under lock and key or leave and risk getting kicked out of the house?
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Ask them what the point would be. You're not a kid, you won't learn well by punishment. Don't yell at them (that's what 14 year olds do), just express your opinion that what they're doing seems incredibly pointless etc. And tell them you're sorry.
I'm a communist. Really.
It seems pretty childish for them to ground you

Though it also seems childish to tell them to go to hell

They're your parents, they win
an hero timeee

Quote by Jimbou
I wish my sister asked me to do it again..she's really hot....

I'm going to hell

EDIT..mmhhh, I would stand going to hell if I could do it again now
Quote by Rhitard
48 hours? My mum grounds me for months.

Aha my parents have never really grounded me before. Mostly because everytime i did something bad i ended up getting beat up or arrested for it, so they figured i learned my lesson. I guess when i was real little and got into trivial arguments with my mom i used to get grounded but throughout highschool i only got grounded like once.
And before he died, Taran-Ish had scrawled upon the altar of chrysolite with coarse shaky strokes the sign of DOOM.
Quote by deadmansdiary
So I just turned 18 in august and i just finished highschool last year. Now this morning i went to the orthadantist for the first time in a year to check out my retainer. Turns out because i havent been wearing my retainer religiously my teeth have moved back a bit. Not a huge deal to me but my parents freaked out. So now basically theyre trying to ground me for the weekend. I told them they could go to hell and theres no way im going to stay in on a weekend because they told me to. So then they threatened that if i left the house this weekend im no longer allowed to live in the basement rent free or possibly at all. In most matters i would tell them to go to hell, but in this case i almost see their point. Because they did spend alot of moeny on my braces, but still should i let them keep me under lock and key or leave and risk getting kicked out of the house?

When in August? I turned 18 in August as well. And yeah, a weekend wont kill you, even though that's lame on their part. I need to wear my retainer more...
Wolfie, Moley, Witty, Dgmey, Grundy
I was grounded for 12 weeks because I accidentally (honest) hit my sister in the head with a sky remote and thn snuck off to a rugby game I had just been banned from playing in.

Suck it up. It's one weekend.

Last edited by Bennetts_strat at Oct 12, 2007,
i never got grounded cz my mum gt sick of seein me rnd tha house
a walking talking advertisement for population control
Suck it up!! take the weekend end punishment, it's **** all, but also try and express your point of view. in a carm manner! arguement's will get you nowhere!
Professional Mixing available at request.

Everton FC
test the limits, a lot of parents won't actually go through with a punishment like that, because they wouldn't like the idea of their child having no where to go, it depends what they're like, you could also remind them that you're basically an adult now, and they can't actually ground you, the have barely any control over you now

Quote by DieGarbageMan
When having sex i realise my penis is of small nature.

Quote by gavz_verdikt
There is a box below Private Messages and right of Log Out.
I think the TS will know what to do next

yea i dunno i guess ill just suck it up and spend a weekend here. But from now on im going to start saving up to move out so the next time im threatened with being kicked out ill just be able to walk out the door.
If you leave, leave as if you're not coming back or are but with their rent demands. Otherwise, take the grounding.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by stringmagician
It seems pretty childish for them to ground you

Though it also seems childish to tell them to go to hell

They're your parents, they win

+1

If they paid for your braces and let you live there rent free you shouldn't tell them to go to hell. That's just really ungrateful considering when you turn 18 they can just kick you out on your ass and tell YOU to go to hell.
"Sticking Feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken"--Tyler Durden

Cufk, TisH, Sips