Poll: Australians - Americans
Poll Options
View poll results: Australians - Americans
Australians
60 90%
Americans
7 10%
Voters: 67.
Australians or Americans, both nations were colonised heavily by the British, Who is more similar to the British in, culture, use of language, and so on.
Last edited by Greentreejester at Oct 12, 2007,
Quote by Child In Time
*Colonised.
*Similar.
i've actually seen that spelled both ways...
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
I can't tell, but what is today USA wasn't really heavily colonized by the British. There were more of other European nations there, so I'd assume the answer would automatically have to be Australia.

Can't tell, though. I don't know either very well.
I'm a communist. Really.
Quote by RageAgainst...

Maybe, but since it was being used in the past tense, it should have had the 'd' on the end.
Quote by RageAgainst...

He just missed out the d.

His hand eye co-ordination was flawed.
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

200 years ago we thought we owned the world and were probly arrogant dicks
Now the Americans think that they own the world and stereotypically act like arrogant dicks
go figure
a walking talking advertisement for population control
The Australians certainly deviate less from the British use of the English language.
Death to Ovation haters!
Quote by Child In Time
He just missed out the d.

His hand eye co-ordination was flawed.

fair enough
Quote by Stephen Colbert
Ignorance is bliss. Oedipus ruined a great sex life by asking too many questions.
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Is it odd that I get an erection every time RageAgainst... posts?

President of "Colbert Nation "
Yea, I really don't think there are many similarities (in comparison to Australia) between Britain and the United States.
Spiral Out
Quote by will_124
Now the Americans think that they own the world and stereotypically act like arrogant dicks
go figure

+1 LoL. Over hear in the UK there's a programme on almost every day basically showing up American's for how stupid and arrogant they are ment to be!...

..Not saying you guys actaully are though! lol
Quote by Count Seanula
If you want to solo then solo, if he wants to solo then he should solo, if your bassist wants to solo...slap him
Quote by Child In Time
*Colonised.
*Similar.

your just a fu cking nazi arent you
Tool kicks ass
Quote by synth002
+1 LoL. Over hear in the UK there's a programme on almost every day basically showing up American's for how stupid and arrogant they are ment to be!...

..Not saying you guys actaully are though! lol

Apart "have i got news for you" and "8 out of 10 cats" and stuff, i don't really think there is. But hey all countries hate each other for not being exactly the same.
Ibanez RG1570
Randall RG75G3
EHX Metal Muff
Quote by will_124
go figure

If you're referring to the British Empire, the largest empire to have ever existed, spanning (just about) every continent and at its height the foremost global power, then I think we had just cause to be arrogant, unlike the Americans who own one area of one continent along with a bit tucked away in the corner and a few islands in the middle of the pacific .

I'd say the Australians were more like the British, if only because I find Americans to be rather un-British.
Quote by Felkara
Dude, you just made the most intelligent post in this entire thread. Congrats.
Quote by will_124
go figure

Are you sure about that? Or are you just making idiotic generalizations?

The australians, they have part of the union jack on their flag dont they?
Not Enough AssHatery
Quote by Arkane
your just a fu cking nazi arent you

Yes, are people aware of that yet?

Oh, and you're and aren't.

xoxo
Friends, applaud the comedy is over.

I'd dance with you but...

Quote by The Overlord
If you're referring to the British Empire, the largest empire to have ever existed, spanning (just about) every continent and at its height the foremost global power, then I think we had just cause to be arrogant, unlike the Americans who own one area of one continent along with a bit tucked away in the corner and a few islands in the middle of the pacific .

True
but it is kinda similar all the same
back then countries would have thought if we do this what britain gonna think
Well now they think what america gonna think
altho i agree thta the british had more cause to be arrogant
a walking talking advertisement for population control
go figure

Wow its like debating with a five year old.......

Id say australians......simaler manerisms
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Quote by Raziel2p
I can't tell, but what is today USA wasn't really heavily colonized by the British. There were more of other European nations there, so I'd assume the answer would automatically have to be Australia.

Can't tell, though. I don't know either very well.

I agree. There was such a huge Spanish influence in America, and the British only really had a hold on the Eastern side of the US (I think). There's a more British influence in Canada, but alot of French too.

But there are lots of similarities to GB and Aus, we all say "arse" we eat fish 'n' chips and there are others.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
I think more neither.

Americans and Brits can both be snotty people, though.

SOME, not all. A lot of Brits I met when I was there were very nice to me.
Quote by H^2

Wise words Trashfan.

trashfan
Quote by Chubbychunks
It's not going to be that great. Although particle physics does give me a hadron.
Australians in my opinion are more like the British. We Americans are our own weirdo culture of our own, as in we don't really have any. For example we use a different measurement system and write words differently than the British do, but Australia does the same. For example I know my weight in pounds, my height in feet and inches, and i write the word favor instead of favour.
Listen to my songs, but only if you are prepared for the greatest experience of your life .
Who on earth voted for the USA???
How could they be any more different to us Brits?

But the Aussies, yeah they're a good lot of people. Kicked our arse in a game we invented, well 2 games actually and 3 if you include snooker. So I'd definitely say Australians are more like us that Americans.
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre