So recently, I've gotten into a lot of Rise Against's music, and I think they are one of the most incredible bands today. Does anyone know of any other good punk/hardcore bands similar to them, or any that you know of that are just really good in your opinion? I'm starting to kind of dip my feet into the punk/hardcore music scene, so any help here would be appreciated.
Needlenick wrote:

Dave Grohl has officially literally done everything.
man thats all garbage, that's the socially accepted mainstream punk/hardcore, stick to the classics kids.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
Comeback Kid.

Strike Anywhere.

Love Equals Death. (terrible name I know, but good band).

Smoke Or Fire.

Sainte Catherines.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by Vinnie9
haste the day is pretty good

Not really.

If you like Rise Against, you'll probably like Propagandhi, Authority Zero, Bad Religion, and Pennywise. You might also like Avail, Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, Smoke or Fire, Jawbreaker, Dillinger Four, (mostly mid-late, especially Epitaph era) Agnostic Front, H2O, Sick of It All, and the Bouncing Souls.
Quote by hardrock1315
Not really.

If you like Rise Against, you'll probably like Propagandhi, Authority Zero, Bad Religion, and Pennywise. You might also like Avail, Lifetime, Kid Dynamite, Smoke or Fire, Jawbreaker, Dillinger Four, (mostly mid-late, especially Epitaph era) Agnostic Front, H2O, Sick of It All, and the Bouncing Souls.

And if you like these bands you'll probably like Anti-Flag, Billy Talent, NOFX, The Strap-Ons, The Germs, Good Riddance and Forgotten Rebels.
-"Sunny Jane" '04 MIM Sunburst Fender Tele. DD HB102(n)
-"Sapphire" Indie Tribal Extreme
-"Joy" Vintage 1100N Acoustic
-"Booty" Black Squier Jazz Bass
Traynor YCS50 1x12 (V30 Speaker)
Mark Bass Little Mk II
1x15 bass cab
Quote by Scum_PunkRocker
And if you like these bands you'll probably like Anti-Flag, Billy Talent, NOFX, The Strap-Ons, The Germs, Good Riddance and Forgotten Rebels.

Yeah, except the ones I mentioned don't suck.
Hardrock really covered it. If you're into more hardcore punk, definitely start checking out Sinking Ships, Good Clean Fun, and Have Heart. Bones Brigade are really good too.
Quote by GreenDayChris
I drink, and say oi occasionally. but I can't get laid to save my life.

Quote by Symphonic_Chaos
MX4Life you fucking godhaha
Quote by hardrock1315
Yeah, except the ones I mentioned don't suck.

Sorry, that was kind of dick, I was really ****ed up.

And also, how the **** did I forget Ambitions. Awesome band.

Look in the melodic hardcore thread, chances are you'll like a good amount of those bands.
Hmmm, id shoot for something like NOFX, Cancer bats Maybe possibly even Bayside
But Dad, Nick Cannon is hilarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrious
Quote by blackflag49
Listen to Fix Me, then listen to the Rise Against cover, and you'll realize what a load of **** Rise Against is.

thank god someone agrees with me

oh yeah someone even admitted earlier, look in the MELODIC hardcore section and you'll find out more.
I love all forms of Rock 'n' Roll, past and NOT present
yeah, rise against grew up right by my town.
B - MAN

My Main Rig:
☺1998 Gibson Les Paul Studio DC
☺Reverend Rocco(USA)
☺Martin DM
☺Peavey ValveKing 112
☺Dunlop Tortex(1.35Mm) Picks
☺Everly Rockers - .10guage.
☺Martin - .11guage.
☺Too many effects to list.