I think this amp would sound so cool because it is only 6W so you would be able to crank the master volume up loads which = huge saturation

It is quite a big amp, but is it loud?

Thank you
EXCELLENT amp. How loud do you need it to be? You'd have to dime it to compete with drums, but it's more than enough for home and studio use.
i haven't tried it, but i'm guessing 6 watts is louder than you think...

drums: not too sure. more than likely not if you need any semblance of a clean tone. if you just need overdrive, maybe. it has a vintage 30, which is a pretty loud speaker.

if you definitely need it a bit louder, maybe consider the hurricane? i have tried that one, and it's sweet. again probably not a major amount of headroom, but more than the harley, more than likely.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i haven't tried it, but i'm guessing 6 watts is louder than you think...

drums: not too sure. more than likely not if you need any semblance of a clean tone. if you just need overdrive, maybe. it has a vintage 30, which is a pretty loud speaker.

if you definitely need it a bit louder, maybe consider the hurricane? i have tried that one, and it's sweet. again probably not a major amount of headroom, but more than the harley, more than likely.

Technically if you put in say a KT88 it would be more than 6 watts though, right?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
i doubt it could take any other tubes easily, though, as it's el84 driven, as far as I'm aware... that's why they brought out the carrerra...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i doubt it could take any other tubes easily, though, as it's el84 driven, as far as I'm aware... that's why they brought out the carrerra...

Ohhh right, I was getting those two mixed up, I was thinking of the one where you could change valves, which is the Carrera. I think
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
yeah, i haven't tried it either... but it's meant to take different valves. of course, if headroom is a concern, the hurricane (18w) is £999 on gak, which is a similar price to the carrerra.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?